2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 224 225 226
By SimonSes 2019-05-06 09:34:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be wrong, but maybe he simply meant to joke that he prefers Niqmaddu in right slot, because you know, why mentioning side if he didn't mean that.
By eliroo 2019-05-06 09:40:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't everyone know the ring in the right slot is 25% better?
[+]
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-06 11:05:04
Link | Quote | Reply

eliroo said: »
Doesn't everyone know the ring in the right slot is 25% better?
 Asura.Nuance
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Crion
By Asura.Nuance 2019-05-06 11:53:04
Link | Quote | Reply

It’s an ocd thing. Like brutal must be in the left slot!
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-06 12:18:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Items with r's obviously go on the right

Brutal right
Rajas right
Sherida right

Moonshade left
Suppanomimi left
Niq left
Telos left
Flamma left

Hades knows whats up. EtioLation left/EneRvating Right
[+]
 Asura.Reichleiu
user: Reichleiu
By Asura.Reichleiu 2019-05-06 12:35:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I always put the earrings that look like ears (Suppa, Ethereal, etc) in the right slot, because it looks more natural.
 Leviathan.Andret
Server: Leviathan
user: Andret
By Leviathan.Andret 2019-05-06 14:49:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal is right but only if 2H. Left is H2H. Left if 1H and medium armor. Right if 1H and light armor. Mages would be left.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-06 16:04:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Rajas right
Flamma left

I low-key judge people based on where their gear placement is. What kind of psychopath puts the goddamn flamma ring on the right? Just don't party with anyone who doesn't know "Rajas on the right" because that's a person who makes bad decisions and should not be trusted.
[+]
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-06 17:53:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal right
Rajas right
Sherida right

Moonshade left
Suppanomimi left
Niq left
Telos left
Flamma left

Puked in my mouth reading this.

You got three of them right. Three.
By soralin 2019-05-06 18:06:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I always put earrings I wear in both my TP and my WS sets on the right ear, and left ear is my "this one changes a lot" slot.

So generally Brutal on the right, Brachyura / Cesance / Ishvara / Moonshade on the left.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-06 21:42:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Senkyuutai said: »

Brutal right
Rajas right
Sherida right

Moonshade left
Suppanomimi left
Niq left
Telos left
Flamma left

Puked in my mouth reading this.

You got three of them right. Three.

Gonna start asking people for Asura PUG Ambus if they put Brutal on Left or Right ear slot. Will know if they are worthy by their response.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2019-05-06 23:05:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Gonna start asking people for Asura PUG Ambus if they put Brutal on Left or Right ear slot. Will know if they are worthy by their response.

It would be literally the same as asking for a vet/rema DD. means absolutely jack and ***, no matter how much they want it to.

Might even seriously be more relevant. I mean obviously if you wear a brutal left ear you make bad life choices. If tank dies I can't count on you not to do something stupid.
 Cerberus.Senkyuutai
Server: Cerberus
user: Yuffy
By Cerberus.Senkyuutai 2019-05-06 23:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Brutal on the right has been one of the top 3 red flags for over a decade now.

The other two are scenario rings on the left and Suppa on the left.

I'd trust someone with a criminal record over anyone who has any of those red flags.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By Spaitin 2019-05-07 08:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

What type of numbers are people getting out of stardiver at 1k TP spam with blood rage up? I am getting around 35-45k WS average atm. (depends on how much i over TP and how good the rolls are) Ill post my set when I get home. Seems to be a solid option for blood rage, TP return is a lot more attractive than ID. As well as the potential extra 5% crit hit rate.

I kinda wanna test out 1k blood rage spam vs 2k ID spam, both with blood rage.

FUR/Frail boost str entrust str sam/fighters HM VM attack acc blood rage etc etc etc.

ItemSet 366559

I think this is the set i have been using. Sulevia seems like an okay swap for the legs. Maybe Boii feet instead of flamma. Flamma just has so much str on them. and DA and STP in WS set is always nice.
 Ragnarok.Haxetc
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Haxetc 2019-05-07 10:07:58
Link | Quote | Reply

You could just go valorous feet with a crit dmg +5 and str augment
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-07 17:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any skillchain or multi-step between Stardiver and ID that would be worth using? I just don't have the ws unlocked due to trishula. Wondering if it's worth it for WAR Shining One use
By Spaitin 2019-05-07 17:20:12
Link | Quote | Reply

SD >sonic thrust > ID for darkness.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-08 01:42:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Stardiver is pretty strong with warcry and shining one. Just tested that 3 step and it's putting out great numbers with just trust buffs. Easy 3 step for Apex if you're not using the gaxe method
 Asura.Saevel
By Asura.Saevel 2019-05-08 07:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Stardiver is basically the Polearm version of Resolution and was our strongest WS until Impulse Drive +40% happened.
 Asura.Zulaern
user: Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-09 09:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

So I'm trying to help my brother get started on Warrior. He just hit 99 and has limited resources to get gear. No job points, not much silt, etc.

Anyways, I figured (and correct me if I'm wrong) that a Kaja Axe build would be a pretty easy entry point gear wise for him. We were looking for a decent offhand and so we tried to get him a Sangarius and he actually somehow got the Sangarius +1 after 2-3 coffers. Crazy lucky.

I never see that sword mentioned as an offhand choice, so it's obviously not a top tier like Digirbalag or Barbarity or something, but how is it? The stats seem decent and Double and Triple attack +3% each doesn't seem bad.

What should he be targetting in that off hand that's not super hard to get?
By Spaitin 2019-05-09 11:40:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zulaern said: »
So I'm trying to help my brother get started on Warrior. He just hit 99 and has limited resources to get gear. No job points, not much silt, etc.

Anyways, I figured (and correct me if I'm wrong) that a Kaja Axe build would be a pretty easy entry point gear wise for him. We were looking for a decent offhand and so we tried to get him a Sangarius and he actually somehow got the Sangarius +1 after 2-3 coffers. Crazy lucky.

I never see that sword mentioned as an offhand choice, so it's obviously not a top tier like Digirbalag or Barbarity or something, but how is it? The stats seem decent and Double and Triple attack +3% each doesn't seem bad.

Depending on how geared you are. digirbalag is pretty easy to get. I actually made some starting war reso builds the other day if you are intereted. They go along with decimations builds as well. All the gear is pretty easy and cheap to get and gets you surprisingly far in endgame for the effort. Let me know if you are interested.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-09 11:55:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Zulaern said: »

If he's a new warrior with limited resources, then Kaja Axe build isn't an ideal starting set to gear up. It requires a couple of unique pieces to cap the DW and hit high DA rate, while not suffering too much from a stp/acc perspective. Sangarius is not a good weapon for WAR either. It's 228 sword skill, and offers no accuracy bonus. The TA is pretty, but it's inferior to a digirbalag with even mediocre augments. if you have the resources, you can buy a Digirbalag off of someone mercing it. That would be the ideal offhand. If not that, Purgation from Sinister Reign is good for most things.
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-09 12:04:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I might be able to solo and get Digirbalag but I don't have the pops for it. I guess I could merc it, but that kind of defeats the purpose of trying to play with him to get things.

He's not going to care about min/maxing as much as me but what pieces of DW will he need that's not beginner friendly? I looked at some builds and though it looked pretty easy compared to most jobs.

@Spaitin Yes, I'd be interested in seeing your starter builds.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-09 12:13:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Suppanomimi is easy to get, Eabani might be annoying if you can't get the former.

Emicho Hands +1 (augment D path) gives 6% DW, so that caps you out with Suppa without affecting the waist slot.

Other options if you can't get HQ hands/Suppa option (nq+eabani puts you at 9, need 11 to cap DW with capped magical haste) include using the waist slot as Reiki Yotai and pairing it with Eabani, but then you give up Ioskeha(+1) which is a great belt. Yotai is also a challenging belt to get. You could also use ambuscade back with DW augment, but that's a pretty crappy idea to give up 10% DA.

In addition, a newer WAR would want to have Pummeler's Feet/Legs +3, or at least Legs+2 and Flamma Feet +2. Also Flamma Head+2 would be ideal. There's an Omen card campaign coming up this week, so it's actually a very good time for you to stock up on cards and work on upgrading that gear.
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-09 12:19:10
Link | Quote | Reply

So you're saying you'd need Emicho and Suppa? Suppa like you said is easy, he can obviously get that without me. Emicho comes from Bia, that's super easy, he might not get the +1 off the bat, but the NQ is dirt cheap.

I can run him through some Ambu and with some seals, he can get that gear easy. Going to be doing it anyways to get the Axe.

I don't think it's that bad. Plus it's just a starting point so that he can be more useful than one of my trusts.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-05-09 12:29:58
Link | Quote | Reply

It's not hard at all. You could just as easily help him farm a Montante +1, get some nq argosy gear, farm up some cards and flamma, and he can spam Resolution to his heart's content. You can just tack on the offhand axe options later. In most scenarios, he'll get good mileage out of Rank 5 Resolution Warrior.
By Spaitin 2019-05-09 12:47:59
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 366569 Start TP set. If no utu grip then basically any other grip i guess.

ItemSet 366567 discount reso set. works for a lot of content though.

ItemSet 366568 another starter TP set.

If no moonshade earring atm. then cessance/brutal works for everything. if no brutal then go start questing.

Yes the argosy gear is better overall. but it has 2 giant drawback for a brand new player. Expensive and can make you die a lot. Almost all of this gear has endgame use on well geared war. If you dont have the hq options for the ambu gear, the nq will do, just need to spend time upgrading them.

The idea of these sets is to get the NQ and work your way up by just upgrading them. They are also super cheap, with the exception of augments you are looking at around 1mil. Fotia obviously has potential synergy merc, but that is usually not much either. maybe a mil for the pair. With the top two sets you can kill your way through zitah,ruan, and most of reis.

A new war has a bit of a struggle with gear haste, so you gotta watch that a bit.
 Asura.Zulaern
By Asura.Zulaern 2019-05-09 13:04:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for this. This is going to be helpful.
VIP
By Lili 2019-05-09 14:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

There's the usual problem of ambuscade +2: you can only get 15 fibers/metals per month (provided you get enough points), so all of those sets are going to take at least 2 months to build, if you don't already have the armor or the materials, and provided you can spam enough ambuscade to get all of it in the first place.

EDIT: forgot that you also get 5 fibers/metals from total hallmarks, derp. Which means 2x +2 pieces per month. Still, you need to get enough points to get there - which is not impossible but it's going to be a bit of a grind unless you have other jobs/somebody to carry you through D-VD with a seal active.

If no Utu Grip, you can use Duplus Grip or Tzacab Grip (10 atk 10 acc). The latter is really easy to get (Adoulin) and the 10 accuracy is not nothing, especially since a starter war is going to be starved for accuracy.
First Page 2 3 ... 151 152 153 ... 224 225 226