The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Warrior » The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147
Offline
Posts: 2010
By Taint 2019-03-14 12:00:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Doesn't Reiki uncap your gear haste? Whats the rest of the set?

ItemSet 365603

Can't drop the belt unless you change other gear around. (namely head)
 Siren.Kyte
Offline
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
Posts: 2861
By Siren.Kyte 2019-03-14 12:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I tried to fit Reiki in to a DW set and couldn't really do it because of the haste loss. Maybe it'll become a thing once Boii mask gets upgraded.
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6480
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-14 12:57:52
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Taint said: »
Doesn't Reiki uncap your gear haste? Whats the rest of the set?

ItemSet 365603

Can't drop the belt unless you change other gear around. (namely head)

Yes that's about the best set I could come up with that hit all the requirements. People like to complain about Emicho +1 but we really do get a lot out of it for those two slots.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 85
By soralin 2019-03-14 14:25:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Is pummelers+2 legs/feet still best for tping if I dont have +3 yet?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4553
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-14 14:36:26
Link | Quote | Reply
 
I think the legs are still fine wi 8 DA, but you'd probably wanna use flamma feet+2 instead for higher STP
 Asura.Snapster
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
Posts: 105
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-14 14:40:04
Link | Quote | Reply
 
There's no reason to use emicho +1 body in your dual wield set. A 2% DA bonus does not outweigh the benefits of valorous mail. I don't recommend it unless you are att/acc starved.
Offline
Posts: 2010
By Taint 2019-03-14 14:52:17
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Snapster said: »
There's no reason to use emicho +1 body in your dual wield set. A 2% DA bonus does not outweigh the benefits of valorous mail. I don't recommend it unless you are att/acc starved.


TP over flow doesn’t help decimation. 3stp isn’t dropping your rounds to 1000tp. 2da and acc are better.

Looks like i can swap to Brutal as well with the same
Thought process.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Offline
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
Posts: 4553
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2019-03-14 15:08:37
Link | Quote | Reply
 
QA+3* augmented valor beats them both :p
 Asura.Saevel
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
Posts: 6480
By Asura.Saevel 2019-03-14 15:09:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Snapster said: »
There's no reason to use emicho +1 body in your dual wield set. A 2% DA bonus does not outweigh the benefits of valorous mail. I don't recommend it unless you are att/acc starved.

It's 9% DA and Accuracy vs 3 Store TP 7% DA.

If your getting Samurai's Roll then the 2 DA will likely be marginally better then 3 Store TP with WS's that scale. With WS's that scale the 3 Store TP is doing absolutely nothing for you.
Offline
Posts: 85
By soralin 2019-03-14 16:45:03
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Thoughts on the following budget Savage Blade Zerg warrior set then?

ItemSet 365554

I already have 5/5 Flamma+2 and Sulevia+2, so anywhere I can use those pieces instead is optimal. I believe I also have an entire 5/5 set of Valorous gear on hand with ***augments because I just didnt know what to put on it, sitting in storage collecting dust.

Up until now my War was just used for Red proccing in abyssea, but I have a Montante+1 and an Ephemeron I can turn into a Pulse Weapon.

Once I have this, the goal would be to use this set in Omen groups and work towards my Pummeler+3 legs and feet.

Basically, the only gil I would need to spend is buying my Emicho+1 gloves, which are, what, 10mil? Thats respectable amount of gil to make a zerg character. I have everything else there already. I guess another 1mil for the neck and waist. I may get HQs but the price ramps up pretty hard.

Any other small improvements you guys would suggest?

Also:

Whats our thoughts on Dark Matter Dual Wield augments? Is Emicho+1 gloves still better, or would there perhaps be Valor pieces that are better?
 Asura.Snapster
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
Posts: 105
By Asura.Snapster 2019-03-14 17:08:51
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Taint said: »
Asura.Snapster said: »
There's no reason to use emicho +1 body in your dual wield set. A 2% DA bonus does not outweigh the benefits of valorous mail. I don't recommend it unless you are att/acc starved.


TP over flow doesn’t help decimation. 3stp isn’t dropping your rounds to 1000tp. 2da and acc are better.

Looks like i can swap to Brutal as well with the same
Thought process.

You're wrongly assuming that Store TP always equates to TP overflow. It can also lead to fewer rounds before you can use Decimation. For Valorous Mail augments, I go with Store TP on Valorous. The comparison becomes 11 Store TP vs 7 DA. I don't feel that 1 STP = 1 DA, so I will recant my statement and simply say that it's not clear what is best.
Offline
Posts: 2010
By Taint 2019-03-14 18:15:34
Link | Quote | Reply
 
(Delay1 + Delay2) × (1 - Dual Wield %) ÷ 2 = New Delay per Hand

288+276 36%dw = 180.4 delay or 61.1tp

Decimation with 4 extra hits and 25stp in WS set:

20stp for a 12 hit
31stp for a 11 hit

Decimation with 3 extra hits and 25stp in WS set:

21stp for a 12 hit
32stp for a 11 hit

Decimation with 2 extra hits and 25stp in WS set:

23stp for a 12 hit
34stp for a 11 hit
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-14 18:53:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
soralin said: »
Thoughts on the following budget Savage Blade Zerg warrior set then?

ItemSet 365554

I already have 5/5 Flamma+2 and Sulevia+2, so anywhere I can use those pieces instead is optimal. I believe I also have an entire 5/5 set of Valorous gear on hand with ***augments because I just didnt know what to put on it, sitting in storage collecting dust.

Up until now my War was just used for Red proccing in abyssea, but I have a Montante+1 and an Ephemeron I can turn into a Pulse Weapon.

Once I have this, the goal would be to use this set in Omen groups and work towards my Pummeler+3 legs and feet.

Basically, the only gil I would need to spend is buying my Emicho+1 gloves, which are, what, 10mil? Thats respectable amount of gil to make a zerg character. I have everything else there already. I guess another 1mil for the neck and waist. I may get HQs but the price ramps up pretty hard.

Any other small improvements you guys would suggest?

Also:

Whats our thoughts on Dark Matter Dual Wield augments? Is Emicho+1 gloves still better, or would there perhaps be Valor pieces that are better?


For your TP set I would use the flamma head. Id get a pair of odyssean legs and augment them with either STP or DA. You would also want the DW earring from zilart. If you have another ambuweapon you can make, I would recommend the axe. It would probably perform a good chunk better than the sword in a DW build.
The salevia legs are a trap, that DT and TA is really attractive, but the low haste really hurts, so I would not recommend using them. I can PM you the three DW sets i use on war and you can choose what works best for you.
Offline
Posts: 85
By soralin 2019-03-14 19:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin Id appreciate that greatly!

Is the decimation axe really that great? All Ive heard people talk about is the sword for Savage Blade spam!

Mostly Im just trying to avoid Pummelers gear and too much HQ Abj gear. I could afford to drop tops like, 20~25 mil on it?

Main thing is I need the war to be good enough to get into Omen parties before I can get the pummelers gear, you know?
 Asura.Yojimmbo
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Yojimmbo
Posts: 1057
By Asura.Yojimmbo 2019-03-14 19:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Made the Pulse ambu sword,
What are the sword tp set, ws gear sets for it? No dagon atm -_-
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-14 20:10:30
Link | Quote | Reply
 
soralin said: »
Spaitin Id appreciate that greatly!

Is the decimation axe really that great? All Ive heard people talk about is the sword for Savage Blade spam!

Mostly Im just trying to avoid Pummelers gear and too much HQ Abj gear. I could afford to drop tops like, 20~25 mil on it?

Main thing is I need the war to be good enough to get into Omen parties before I can get the pummelers gear, you know?
I mean naegling didnt really get a great buff. War is usually in attack capped situtiations anyway. Kaja axe didnt get a huge buff either. But it didnt really need it. In high buff it does some pretty silly dmg. and it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers. The set for decimation is like 1 piece of gear different than resolution. So a solid option. When i first started doing omen I did it as a fencer war spamming savage blade. The kaja sword should only be slightly worse than naegling since your bard and geo should get your attack capped in omen anyway. You cant really go wrong with the sword or the axe. With the content i have been doing lately, axe beats sword pretty handily. I would just keep kaja sword and upgrade the axe.
[+]
Offline
Posts: 85
By soralin 2019-03-14 20:32:23
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
soralin said: »
Spaitin Id appreciate that greatly!

Is the decimation axe really that great? All Ive heard people talk about is the sword for Savage Blade spam!

Mostly Im just trying to avoid Pummelers gear and too much HQ Abj gear. I could afford to drop tops like, 20~25 mil on it?

Main thing is I need the war to be good enough to get into Omen parties before I can get the pummelers gear, you know?
I mean naegling didnt really get a great buff. War is usually in attack capped situtiations anyway. Kaja axe didnt get a huge buff either. But it didnt really need it. In high buff it does some pretty silly dmg. and it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers. The set for decimation is like 1 piece of gear different than resolution. So a solid option. When i first started doing omen I did it as a fencer war spamming savage blade. The kaja sword should only be slightly worse than naegling since your bard and geo should get your attack capped in omen anyway. You cant really go wrong with the sword or the axe. With the content i have been doing lately, axe beats sword pretty handily. I would just keep kaja sword and upgrade the axe.

Part of what I like about Naegling is it can also be used as a strong weapon by Cor.

Im very interested in your TP set, hook me up! :D
 Asura.Dinotron
Offline
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: dinotron
Posts: 16
By Asura.Dinotron 2019-03-15 08:47:19
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers.

Which 5step is that?

I'm having trouble deciding between Polearm and Axe and only have 1 pulse weapon to sacrifice to the Ambu gods. Just how good is the polearm compared to the axe from a purely dps standpoint? Only thing keeping me from going polearm is really my lack of an ID set (compared to a BiS decimation set) and the inevitable nerf if it's truly "broken."
Offline
Posts: 915
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 09:33:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Dinotron said: »
Spaitin said: »
it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers.

Which 5step is that?

I'm having trouble deciding between Polearm and Axe and only have 1 pulse weapon to sacrifice to the Ambu gods. Just how good is the polearm compared to the axe from a purely dps standpoint? Only thing keeping me from going polearm is really my lack of an ID set (compared to a BiS decimation set) and the inevitable nerf if it's truly "broken."

None knows.

Decimation build has around 7300DPS according to spreadsheet. That's far from OP actually. AFAIK WAR spreadsheet havent been updated. We only know how good are some weapons vs others from practical tests. So no data for ShinignOne from spreadsheet, tho it would be hard to even put it in spreadsheet with it's unknown crit rate bonus at various TP. AFAIK none amde reliable tests with ShiningOne used optimally on WAR. Ejin did on SAM and he will be doing it on WAR. I think on SAM it has DPS above 10k (coming from some Neak kills, when Ejin did like 270k damage in 20 sec, but he was starting with 3000TP on short fight, so its a little biased). I wish Ejin would use some SB to show DPS XD

So ShiningOne is confirmed OP on SAM. test on WAR are still in the near future, unless someone will make it before Ejin.
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 09:56:13
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Asura.Dinotron said: »
Spaitin said: »
it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers.

Which 5step is that?

I'm having trouble deciding between Polearm and Axe and only have 1 pulse weapon to sacrifice to the Ambu gods. Just how good is the polearm compared to the axe from a purely dps standpoint? Only thing keeping me from going polearm is really my lack of an ID set (compared to a BiS decimation set) and the inevitable nerf if it's truly "broken."

None knows.

Decimation build has around 7300DPS according to spreadsheet. That's far from OP actually. AFAIK WAR spreadsheet havent been updated. We only know how good are some weapons vs others from practical tests. So no data for ShinignOne from spreadsheet, tho it would be hard to even put it in spreadsheet with it's unknown crit rate bonus at various TP. AFAIK none amde reliable tests with ShiningOne used optimally on WAR. Ejin did on SAM and he will be doing it on WAR. I think on SAM it has DPS above 10k (coming from some Neak kills, when Ejin did like 270k damage in 20 sec, but he was starting with 3000TP on short fight, so its a little biased). I wish Ejin would use some SB to show DPS XD

So ShiningOne is confirmed OP on SAM. test on WAR are still in the near future, unless someone will make it before Ejin.
i think your spread sheets are wrong, with max buffs on neak/yakshi last night i was going between 7400 and 8200 dps on neak/yakshi with decimation axe. which is good but behind raetic and chango. with 22 consecutive neak/yakshi kills with HM VM ATTACK ACC FURY FRAIL SAM ROGUES with 2 shining one wielding DPS. one sam one war. Average was around 8k. which puts it a bit behind other options. the crit hit rate temp item used on about 1/4th of the fights.
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 09:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Asura.Dinotron said: »
Spaitin said: »
it has a really amazing 5 step SC if you feel like seeing big numbers.

Which 5step is that?

I'm having trouble deciding between Polearm and Axe and only have 1 pulse weapon to sacrifice to the Ambu gods. Just how good is the polearm compared to the axe from a purely dps standpoint? Only thing keeping me from going polearm is really my lack of an ID set (compared to a BiS decimation set) and the inevitable nerf if it's truly "broken."
rampage > decimation > smash axe > decimation > decimation

the sam tests are pretty skewed. Ive tested it with the same exact gear, some fights it is 10k deps, other fights it is 6k DPS.
Offline
Posts: 915
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 10:01:43
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
i think your spread sheets are wrong, with max buffs on neak/yakshi last night i was going between 7400 and 8200 dps on neak/yakshi with decimation axe. which is good but behind raetic and chango.

Nah that 7300 simply comes from outside of Escha. In Escha it will be naturally higher.
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 10:04:53
Link | Quote | Reply
 
not sure what to test it on outside. but 8k is pretty easy to hit on sarama with decimation axe.
Offline
Posts: 915
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 10:08:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
the sam tests are pretty skewed. Ive tested it with the same exact gear, some fights it is 10k deps, other fights it is 6k DPS.

You was holding TP to ~2500 too? In short fights it will be kinda random, but Ejin usually do like 20-30 Neaks in a row when he check avg, so those tests are pretty valid. He got 60k avg Impulse when holding TP in few tests on Neak now. Maybe the difference between your random and his more stable DPS is that he is using CC Rogue roll?
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 10:12:36
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »
Spaitin said: »
the sam tests are pretty skewed. Ive tested it with the same exact gear, some fights it is 10k deps, other fights it is 6k DPS.

You was holding TP to ~2500 too? In short fights it will be kinda random, but Ejin usually do like 20-30 Neaks in a row when he check avg, so those tests are pretty valid. He got 60k avg Impulse when holding TP in few tests on Neak now. Maybe the difference between your random and his more stable DPS is that he is using CC Rogue roll?
Rostam crooked cards rogues roll whenever it was available (most of the time since revit) I was holding to 2k TP. so maybe that would make a change? on teles we hit 14k dps each. but only 1 fight.
Offline
Posts: 915
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 10:14:59
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Spaitin said: »
not sure what to test it on outside. but 8k is pretty easy to hit on sarama with decimation axe.

~7300 is avg, if you are lucky with few DA more than normal on WS in single fight you can even get 8500 DPS with that avg. Boosting avg WS damage by 4000 boosts DPS to 8000 and disproportion like this can easily happen with few lucky DA in short fight.

EDIT: In short fight even starting with 1000TP vs starting with 0TP change DPS by a lot.
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 10:16:44
Link | Quote | Reply
 
Every single fight started atleast 1k TP. with every member using wings between fight to get TP up. rotated that on each pop. sarama did not since waiting around for TP outside of escha is lame.
 Sylph.Darkside
Offline
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Kensai98
Posts: 204
By Sylph.Darkside 2019-03-15 10:33:47
Link | Quote | Reply
 
SimonSes said: »

So ShiningOne is confirmed OP on SAM. test on WAR are still in the near future, unless someone will make it before Ejin.

I went ahead and made a Shining One yesterday and it is very much OP on Sam. I didn't have too much time testing with it but did find that if you just pop it into a GA build at 100% DA it gets quickly out performed by the decimation axe since ID isn't very good at 1k and needs 1750(with moonshade) to really "Shine". Definitely will need a STP heavy build on War to keep up with how quickly Sam can get it to 2k but have not been able to test that yet.
Offline
Posts: 83
By Spaitin 2019-03-15 10:36:54
Link | Quote | Reply
 
nah, warcry.
Offline
Posts: 915
By SimonSes 2019-03-15 10:46:11
Link | Quote | Reply
 
War has few things that should make it very good even without holding TP at least for 2 mins. It's native 18% crit damage, 10% crit rate, warcry and blood rage. You just need to mix this well. Possibly use set with STR,DA,crit damage for blood rage up and WSing at low TP and WSD,STR for WSing with warcry. Not sure what to do when both warcry and blood rage would be on cooldown. Possibly change weapon or hold TP to 2000+. Not sure really. Need tests!
First Page 2 3 ... 143 144 145 146 147
Log in to post.