The Parthenon: A Warrior's Kyklos
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 224 225 226
 Fenrir.Snaps
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Mojopojo
By Fenrir.Snaps 2018-08-09 11:57:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any testing or concrete information on the additional effect accuracy of Shield Break/Full Break/etc.? I'm leaning towards something like Great Axe Skill + magic accuracy but I haven't seen any testing on this.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2018-08-09 12:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Snaps said: »
Is there any testing or concrete information on the additional effect accuracy of Shield Break/Full Break/etc.? I'm leaning towards something like Great Axe Skill + magic accuracy but I haven't seen any testing on this.
If it's anything like shockwave/leg sweep, macc boosts the duration.

RMEA, 5/5 Flamma+2 and Flamma Ring is a really nice boost for Breaks/Ageha/Leg Sweep/Shockwave/Etc

Since the update the defense down almost always sticks. But the duration seems to vary. Seems really short without a RMEA and macc gear.
By stickyd420 2018-08-13 13:19:26
Link | Quote | Reply

can sum1 post a war.lua that has BIS gear im high up there and wanna see what im missing i use to have savaels lua from discord but its gone now. if he can upload it here for me.
thanks
-hellacritz (asura)
By Sockfoot 2018-08-13 21:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do you need someone's lua if you are just looking for a BiS list?
By Afania 2018-08-13 23:43:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Sockfoot said: »

Probably because it's going to be PITA to post all the situational sets that's build for niche situations, but one Lua file display them all.

If you are entering the territory of min maxing, getting lua from another top player would be more useful than ask people to post 3 to 5 sets on AH I guess.
By stickyd420 2018-08-14 02:01:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Afania said: »

Probably because it's going to be PITA to post all the situational sets that's build for niche situations, but one Lua file display them all.

If you are entering the territory of min maxing, getting lua from another top player would be more useful than ask people to post 3 to 5 sets on AH I guess.

yes :D
By Sockfoot 2018-08-14 02:33:29
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are entering the territory of min maxing, and you don't know where to look for those sets... but hey, why should anyone have to do anything on their own? We should just feed them info so they have all the gearsets and zero clue!
By Afania 2018-08-14 03:04:18
Link | Quote | Reply

If you are entering the territory of min maxing, and you don't know where to look for those sets... but hey, why should anyone have to do anything on their own? We should just feed them info so they have all the gearsets and zero clue!

That's not helpful, lol.

I have roughly 65ish gear sets for my main job, and if someone ask for "may I see gear sets I wanna see what I'm missing" advice, it would PITA to post all 65 gear sets on AH.com. Sharing Lua is way faster because you get to see all the sets in one file and conditions that they are being used. I frenquently download other player's Lua for this purpose as well, even though I play on Vanilla and don't use Lua at all.

Seeing other's lua file has nothing to do with having zero clue either. Most of the time it's just for inspiration and noticing blind spots in gear sets or playstyle.

Case to the point, I have a 50% PDT- hybrid set aiming for max DPS(rather than full turtle), and I frenquently use that set. After one dyna wave 3 run I noticed I missed a *** tons in hybrid, only to notice that that particular set has even lower accuracy than my lowest acc TP set. I ended up having to build multiple acc tiers of hybrid TP set by getting inspiration from another player on how many acc tiers that I need for 50% PDT- hybrids.

It's a "blind spot" that I just never notice until I compare it with another player's lua and get inspiration from. When you have like 50+ gear sets per job, one of them may be missing something and you never notice, until someone told you so, or until it's being compared side by side with another top end player.

That doesn't necessary mean we'd all copy other people's sets because we have no clue on things, it's just getting ideas on what needs improvement and what's missing, that's it.
By Pankas 2018-08-14 03:54:50
Link | Quote | Reply

https://www.ffxiah.com/player/Bismarck/Sockfoot

If its your profile, someone please feed the guy the info.
All bitterness aside, seeing lua and modding it for your needs is what community is here for, isn't it?
[+]
By Sockfoot 2018-08-15 01:47:03
Link | Quote | Reply

@Afania - if you really think, after reading his post, that he was going for that ... yeah, ok.

@Pankas - My profile says what about anything, exactly? Take a look at the dates. And the community is for "seeing lua and modding it for your needs"? Wow, I guess I really missed out on the whole point of this place.
By stickyd420 2018-08-15 02:04:15
Link | Quote | Reply

wow this insane.. all i wanted was a war.lua

still no1 has a war.lua

i use to follow savael he smart and knows alot im sure other disagree but i lost his lua and im just asking for his or anything close to it (BIS)
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-08-15 04:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

For me it sounds more like Sockfoot put some work in his lua and he is proud of it now. Then he saw someone wants a lua without putting so much work into it like he did, so he is salty because he feels that making a lua is part of the skill in playing the job. This is a really typical behevior not only in game but also in real life. People see other people getting to the same level or higher without putting that much work and they feel that everyone else should do things going harder (in their mind also the only proper) way. Those people (im talking about ppl like Sockfoot to be precise) also like to draw a line of what is like he callled himself getting a fish and fishing by yourself. So getting a lua is for example getting a fish, but using an info from bg wiki about some abilities is probably not counted as one. So Im asking you Sockfoot, do you use info from bg wiki which people provided by testing it themselves or you test it yourself? Do you test pdif cap? fSTR? Do you build your own calculators for dps? Because you see, your imagination of whats getting a fish is, might be far from someone else, so in my eyes if you not doing everything by yourself you are also using info provided by other people and you also only have a clue to an extend, so stop drawing a line because it can always be moved by someone else and you will be on the other side of the stick.
[+]
By Pankas 2018-08-15 05:22:06
Link | Quote | Reply

It is nothing wrong to be proud of your work or even not share your work, but to come out and say f. off its just plain rude and shows the type of the person you are, nothing else.
Teaching to fish requires..... wait for it.... teaching. And there is nothing in your posts indicates you are willing to. So all we left with the image of bitter man(or a woman), who is full of himself with nothing to show off.
Now going back to the topic, fast search in google i found this:
https://github.com/AlanWarren/gearswap/blob/master/WAR.lua
Gearswap for war by AlanWarren
I'm pretty sure Saevel has his somewhere in these forums, just need to look again, and it might not be uopdated, but need to ask for the man himself.
[+]
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2018-08-15 09:34:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Usually people PM me about lua's. Mine is a constant work in progress and gets changed frequently, usually whenever I need to use a particular weapon skill or just want to screw around. For that reason I'm not going to post it publicly because it'll be out of date almost immediately. Also there is no such thing as "lua with BiS" because "best" is to damn situational and constantly changes. Looking at a high end lua, seeing some gear and thinking "yep that's all I need" won't get someone very far, they need to understand *why* that gear is being used.
 Bahamut.Asphaar
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Asphaar 2018-08-15 18:03:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello everyone.
How worth it is the investment in Raetic Algol +1 vs NQ or Montante? Anyone has the actual numbers in how they compare to each other? I’ve been reading some comments that Algol is not that great for warrior?
By olson2189 2018-08-16 09:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Asphaar said: »
Hello everyone.
How worth it is the investment in Raetic Algol +1 vs NQ or Montante? Anyone has the actual numbers in how they compare to each other? I’ve been reading some comments that Algol is not that great for warrior?

I think the general consensus is inside Escha with refresh vorseals: HQ Algol > NQ Algol > Mont. Outside Escha, Mont wins.
By stickyd420 2018-08-16 13:33:49
Link | Quote | Reply

id wait on +1 algol if u dont have and u have a rema because i believe (rumor) u can aug remas in next patch from dyna d

a NQ algol id grab if u dont have becuz they cheap as fudge
 Valefor.Yandaime
Server: Valefor
user: Yandaime
By Valefor.Yandaime 2018-08-16 13:58:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Unless you’re in a situation where your Accuracy is severely low, Rag will not presently outpace Montante +1 or Raetic NQ even if your MP was Zero; especially since the accuracy difference between R-Algol and Rag are small.

So for RIGHT NOW I would recommend just buying a NQ R-Algol and trying to form a group to get Montante because it’s a beast of a weapon and free (well.. might have to buy some hides to HQ it but that’s still pretty cheap). That way you’ll have one or two VERY viable options to lean on that are inexpensive so you can crush things with low risk of getting side-balled by the rumored Augments turning the scales upside down.

As for numbers, that’s kinda tricky. The spreadsheet is doing something odd and very incorrectly calculating melee DPS so can’t really rely on that. Austar was supposedly working on Sims but those fell off the face of the earth?

But from personal experience, Montante All-Mights when buffed (SAM+DRK Rolls, Frailty+Fury) R-Algol +1 does too but sputters out very quickly due to MP loss so unless you’re in Escha, it won’t shine as much as it should. So I typically don’t pull it out unless I need an Acc boost but not quite desperate enough to use my Rag yet
Forum Moderator
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2018-08-17 14:47:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Argue *** in PMs, not here.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 120 121 122 ... 224 225 226