LV70 NPCs (Apparently Always SE's Intent)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » LV70 NPCs (Apparently always SE's intent)
LV70 NPCs (Apparently always SE's intent)
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-11 14:49:58
| Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

So, my NPC sat at 69 pretty much since the week since they changed the level cap to 70. But, I was lazy FOREVER. Mostly just too busy with events. So, I finally get back into finishing it out to 70 and I noticed something.

When the cap was 65 and I would "TALK" to my NPC, she'd tell me she was close to the next level even though she couldn't get level 66.

At 70, she doesn't do this. She no longer gives a message about her experience points. I got my NPC to level 65 a very long time ago back when the system was still pretty new. So, apparently they had always intended to raise the cap to 70.

Just something interesting I noticed.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-11 14:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

k
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-11 14:52:19
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

heh :/ I just thought it was interesting that they had always intended it but took forever to release the update for it.
 Odin.Aramina
user: Darkmoose
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 14:59:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I have been bested by my NPC as SAM/DNC i think 5 times now.

I could actually do it on another job and win fairly easily, but as SAM/DNC, the NPC goes as NIN/PLD, and is very difficult to beat. I've gotten very close a few times, and I really want to beat it that way.

Been stuck at 65 for a long time since it's a long walk out there, and maybe I'll eventually cave in and just do it on another job.
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-11 15:04:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I still have yet to unlock my NPC. Just never really cared about it *shrug*
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 15:07:04
Link | Quote | Reply

I did it on blu.... blu makes it do pld/nin even still its rediculously easy. I tried to heatbreathe when it invincibled but disservements dot finished it. If id thought to set haste it wouldve been over in like 40sec... and yes this was interesting though not sure a own thread worthy interesting
 Diabolos.Fndragon
Server: Diabolos
user: fndragon
By Diabolos.Fndragon 2009-06-11 15:12:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Even though your NPC can invincible, Head Butt's stun will still land.

And my NPC, even at level 70, gives me XP updates towards her next level. She's been "Very Close" to level 71 for at least a year now.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 15:15:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Fndragon said:

And my NPC, even at level 70, gives me XP updates towards her next level. She's been "Very Close" to level 71 for at least a year now.

Oh i was in no danger of dieing at all I just didnt want to wait for it too end. fighting as a blu/nin made that fight too lol.
 Odin.Gaea
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-06-11 15:16:14
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Fndragon said:

Hmph. Mine doesn't give updates anymore :( Have you checked again lately?
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 15:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

O.oa Gaea... What have you been doing to your 'friend' that you broke her?
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 16:13:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe she was incidentally checking her Automaton, which wouldn't talk to her?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-11 16:18:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I think there was a completely different implication trying to be made...
 Odin.Aramina
By Odin.Aramina 2009-06-11 16:20:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I think it's funny that of my two characters, Darkmoose's NPC looks like Aramina, and Aramina's NPC looks like Darkmoose. It's the closest I'll ever get to using them both at the same time.

Dark's is till 65 because that evil redhead keeps kicking my butt, and Ara's is 60 because, well, I just never did the G3 for it...

Glad they let us turn off AoE Weaponskills, but I wish we could just modify the list from the ones available. Mine are both GK users, and while I'd keep Tachi: Kagero for Ara's, I'd get rid of it for Moose's. Goten would have to go as well, but I'd keep Koki just for it's pure awesomeness.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-11 16:25:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I'd limit my npc's to the last GK ws's b/c then I'd be able to light/darkness with them on my mnk.
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-12 12:13:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aramina said:
I think it's funny that of my two characters, Darkmoose's NPC looks like Aramina, and Aramina's NPC looks like Darkmoose. It's the closest I'll ever get to using them both at the same time.

Dark's is till 65 because that evil redhead keeps kicking my butt, and Ara's is 60 because, well, I just never did the G3 for it...

Glad they let us turn off AoE Weaponskills, but I wish we could just modify the list from the ones available. Mine are both GK users, and while I'd keep Tachi: Kagero for Ara's, I'd get rid of it for Moose's. Goten would have to go as well, but I'd keep Koki just for it's pure awesomeness.

And for the additional affect: Treasure Hunter + 5, of course.
 Pandemonium.Thanquol
Server: Pandemonium
user: Thanquol
By Pandemonium.Thanquol 2009-06-12 13:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I went 1/1. Did it with rdm/nin. Was quite easy.

But my NPC surprised me when she casted Diaga followed immediately by ThunderIII, taking down my shadows, and inflicting damage for the first time. I then proceeded to cast Silence on her, and that was it for the rest of the fight.

My NPC is now 68, on the verge of 69, I'm interested to see what she will me when she 70, as far as her exp goes.