(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 206 207 208
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2016-06-06 11:08:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Dia III* which is further upgraded with Light Shot from Qultada.
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Dia III* which is further upgraded with Light Shot from Qultada.
Ahhh that's why Qultada is light-shotting, nice.

And yeah, 3 not 2.

While I wait a gorram week for Sylvie, are there any other trusts besides Arciela for attack?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-06 11:57:56
Link | Quote | Reply

is Sylvie a Unity-ONLY npc? I see a lot of people talking about her as a great buffer, but I don't know how I feel about losing Apururu. Unless there's a way to get both?
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 16:33:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
is Sylvie a Unity-ONLY npc? I see a lot of people talking about her as a great buffer, but I don't know how I feel about losing Apururu. Unless there's a way to get both?
Yeah, Sylvie is UC like Apururu, so only one or the other at a time.

You'll have to not be lazy about defenses like with Apu, but faster kills from the stupid amount more attack should mean riding just S/3E and Cherukiki being enough for a good sprint.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-06 17:12:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylvie also helps with cures and -nas and has access to Nott, so you don't lose out on as much as you might expect. The biggest losses are curagas and reduced depth in your WHM's MP pool, though with Apururu's sketchy AI that's not necessarily any different. If we're just talking CP you could probably just field Arciela I, Koru-Moru, and Sylvie for support mages without any significant issues. Add in Qultada and a fifth trust of your choice (Kupofried, tank trust, BRD, WHM, w/e) and you're set.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-06 17:58:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Which Bubbles does Sylvie actually use? Haste & Frailty? That might be worth my while, seeing as how I occasionally die on DRK with Apururu due to my lazy 3e behavior. The added buffs may be enough to help me spam a bit more. Apururu is great, but occasionally she'll spend time casting curaga4 or something dumb, and i'll end up dying because she has no fast cast and by the time the curaga is about to go off, i'll have eaten 3-4 hits.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 18:09:27
Link | Quote | Reply

It depends what job you are. PLD or RUN gets Indi-Haste, DRK and most other melee get Fury or Precision.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-06 18:40:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry - Dark (thread). What are the conditions she uses Precision? Is it an acc check or is it a standard buff all of the time like Joachim? Does she ever use Haste, and does she entrust?
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 18:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

She will cast Haste 1 but you'll be wanting Haste 2 from Koru or Arci. I'm sure Precision is an acc check but we all know SE's standard for 'acceptable accuracy'. I don't have access to her to tell you much else yet, and had to go to otherwiki to find out this much.

Doing -na's also shores up switching from Apu to Cheru, good to know.

Just got off my *** to finish SoA (RUN is hax) and get Arciela 1, so I might try her in Sylvie's place for now. I presume I won't have Sylvie until Sunday?
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-06 18:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I meant if she Indi-Hasted DRK. Would allow me to remain capped haste pretty much all the time.
 Asura.Thorva
Server: Asura
user: Thorva
By Asura.Thorva 2016-06-06 19:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh I meant if she Indi-Hasted DRK. Would allow me to remain capped haste pretty much all the time.

In theory that would work if she would give you haste. Still wouldn't be capped haste full time though due to the LR down time without apoc AM/Hasso for JA haste otherwise you will cap out at 43.75% gear haste of 25% = 68.75% of 80%, means you need to make up 11.25% haste with JA. So if LR is down you need to run Hasso to come close(r) to haste cap at 78.75%, apoc AM putting you overcap.

Personally at that point I would rather run S/3E and ride apoc AM for near cap if using scythe. Of course my opinion differs with GS.

(someone double check my math and statement, I don't want to lead people astray here)
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2016-06-06 19:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure she doesn't do Indi-Haste on DRKs, so if you want capped magic haste you'll need to bring a BRD. She's also very prone to casting Precision in my experience. Pretty sure she's done it in response to uncapped accuracy while casting spells before.

She does entrust one spell onto the player. I don't know if she gets any duration bonuses off the top of my head, but it's definitely not fulltime.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-06 23:08:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Apururu's sketchy AI
Here's to that. I had her stare me to death on raptors while she had half MP. Maybe she had every single cure on cooldown and it was my fault though.

Arciela's attack bonus is too short and rarely used to really take advantage of. She's just Koru with more TP feed. I did have a pretty good stint when it was up though, with 2300 attack. Then Qultada busted chaos twice in a row.

I hope maintenance counts as a tally so I'll have Sylvie, lol.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Server: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2016-06-07 07:32:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylvie gies Indi-Frailty / Indi-Fury when your main is DRK. Sylvie will rarely do Indi-Precision unless your Accuracy check is below a certain point versus the mobs you are fighting. Mind you she has given me Indi-Precision before but it's usually when I'm wearing my Plastron set waiting to get hit in the face for Scarlet Delirium boost.

Sylvie won't bother giving you Indi-haste, that's only if your main job is PLD or RUN.

I should point out she -na's extremely quickly, like near instantly. Her AI is simple: stand and wait, cast Indi- when down, cure if low, -na if status effect up.

On the flip side she won't cure you unless you're under 50% HP similar to King of Hearts and Koru-Moru. And she has a tendency to stand RIGHT next to you. However! If you call a trust that keeps their distance right before you call her she'll follow behind that trust instead.

All in all I prefer Sylvie anyways. Could I do better with Yoran/Apu? Maybe. But dat Fury boost do.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-07 09:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
I hope maintenance counts as a tally so I'll have Sylvie, lol.
It totally did :V
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-07 12:02:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Okay, things that *** infuriate me today:
1. All five crawlers spawning lv127
2. All-miss Entropy.
3. If Sylvie casts haste on you, Koru won't haste 2. Acriela still does though.
4. Having a capacity point bonus effect active makes Qultada do Corsair's Roll if he isn't doing Evokers because someone is under 90% MP. Worse, having a lot of attack because of Sylvie and Arciela will cause him to not roll Chaos, then when something wears he'll roll it and clear the decent Fighter's you had and leave the Evokers.
5. Absorb-TP does not land without dark seal. Ever.

I think the biggest problem with Qultada is not having Fold. I can't comprehend how they overlooked that.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-07 12:11:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
Okay, things that *** infuriate me today:
1. All five crawlers spawning lv127
2. All-miss Entropy.
3. If Sylvie casts haste on you, Koru won't haste 2. Acriela still does though.
4. Having a capacity point bonus effect active makes Qultada do Corsair's Roll if he isn't doing Evokers because someone is under 90% MP. Worse, having a lot of attack because of Sylvie and Arciela will cause him to not roll Chaos, then when something wears he'll roll it and clear the decent Fighter's you had and leave the Evokers.
5. Absorb-TP does not land without dark seal. Ever.

I think the biggest problem with Qultada is not having Fold. I can't comprehend how they overlooked that.

Not sure if you're tried this, but cancelling haste repeatedly forces Haste 2 to be casted. This also works for Corsairs who are always getting flurry from Koru. If you cancel it, sometimes twice back to back, he'll get the picture and haste you.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-07 12:27:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure if you're tried this, but cancelling haste repeatedly forces Haste 2 to be casted. This also works for Corsairs who are always getting flurry from Koru. If you cancel it, sometimes twice back to back, he'll get the picture and haste you.
I know this, it's just obnoxious to have to pay attention to. Suddenly I'm blowing skillchains with LR up and have to figure out why. Takes just as long for Arciela to pick up the slack.

Sylvie is supposed to follow you with her bubble, but if you summon her first she'll stand hilariously too close, humping your leg and eating Incinerate. Unfortunately if you summon her in any other spot you have to position yourself in her bubble because then she won't reposition even if following someone who engages, like Qultada. Can't be helped, at least she has decent stupidly good magic defense it seems.

Sylvie included, so many of these buffers have Cure 4 that you're actually better off without Cherukiki, who is the prime trigger of Evokers mode. Joachim becomes the occasional offender if you're taking a lot of damage.

So my current set, in casting order:

Sylvie->Qultada->Arciela->Koru-Moru->Joachim

My scoreboard dps has gone up, but I'm not sure my kill speed is much better without Shantotto II. Probably try her in Joachim's spot on my next sprint (I just burn my Trizeks and then find something else to do for 90 minutes).
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2016-06-07 14:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I usually log in, use my trizek, log out for 2 hours, return and burn 2x rings, log back out for 2, rinse repeat. Aint no way I'm spamming apex during non-campaigns.
 Shiva.Rickis
Server: Shiva
user: Rickis
By Shiva.Rickis 2016-06-07 22:41:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I am wondering if there is a set that could self-SC without lib.
 Asura.Saevel
Server: Asura
By Asura.Saevel 2016-06-07 23:10:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rickis said: »

I self SC on all my DD jobs, it's just about getting capped haste with Store TP and / or Multi-Hit.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2016-06-07 23:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Rickis said: »
30% Haste II, 25% gear haste (technically 26%), LR up for capped 80%. 5-hit scythe. Can be tricky with no multihit and 528 delay though. Have to pre-press your WS because the timing is tight and 3 or 4 step chains are sketchy at best. This is where 501 delays have an advantage as long as you're still 5-hitting.

Did we ever figure out if sword strap truly lowered delay and didn't count towards delay reduction? I just happened to have found one in my mog safe and remember the Apoc argument from ... a ***' decade ago. (Yes, 99% sure it just works like Dual Wield)
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Mayulaa
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 02:12:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello fellow DRK ! :3

Posting here ( posted in the SAM forum for Amanomurakumo ) about Apocalypse.

I love DRK and plyaing with a scythe is for me, the essence of the job and what made me play this in the first place.
I want a REM and my playtime/farming is too low to farm for a Liberator. ( or i would get a Liberator w/out a doubt )
That let me with Apocalypse which i always wanted ( along with Amano for SAM but i'll work on both in the end, i just need answers to focus on either ) but i'm not sure how it stand @ 119v2 and 119v3.

Is Apocalypse considered an good scythe @ 99 once it's 119v3 ?
Does it have a place in the TOP5 scythes for DRK ?
If yes, which are the 5 scythe and their order ?

I see so many people bashing on Apoc, it's hard to get clear answers, non-biaised opinions and a testimony from Apoc's users. ^^;

Thx a lot for your incoming answers ! :p
By Gihl 2016-06-08 02:46:18
Link | Quote | Reply

libertador is easier to get now, will cost like 160m-170m farm alex is really easy as blu, br2 and ar2 can be done in 20min depedning on your play time can get it done in a month or 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 04:05:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Err i might do something wrong because i don't farm that fast.
Strategy issue/not skipping the right monsters... i don't know. ^^;

It would be awesome to be able to farm alex in 20 minutes a run, as i can play 40 to 60 minutes a day, so 3 run a day would be cool.
How many alex per run on average ?

( Any chance to have a quick guidance/help for br2/ar2 and what to kill/not kill by PM, please ? :3 )
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2016-06-08 05:41:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh said: »
Err i might do something wrong because i don't farm that fast.
Strategy issue/not skipping the right monsters... i don't know. ^^;

It would be awesome to be able to farm alex in 20 minutes a run, as i can play 40 to 60 minutes a day, so 3 run a day would be cool.
How many alex per run on average ?

( Any chance to have a quick guidance/help for br2/ar2 and what to kill/not kill by PM, please ? :3 )

AR2 is pretty simple get unlocks then make your way up killing any wondering NMs on your route. Pop all the gears from the ramparts on the floor before the NQ Khimmy. Zone up the NQ Khimmy goes down super quick so kill it for a chance at double linen then kill the HQ Khimmy. I average about 120 alex had highs of 230-240 and lows of about 70ish from there.

BR2 is pretty much the same get unlocks and on the gear floor kill all that pops from the rampart. Both bosses go down pretty quick and you get slightly less than AR2.

You can easily do it in 20mins however there is an hour wait before you can get another permit.
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 06:15:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx a lot for the info ! ^^
 Cerberus.Drayco
Server: Cerberus
user: Drayco
By Cerberus.Drayco 2016-06-08 08:15:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh said: »
Hello fellow DRK ! :3

Posting here ( posted in the SAM forum for Amanomurakumo ) about Apocalypse.

I love DRK and plyaing with a scythe is for me, the essence of the job and what made me play this in the first place.
I want a REM and my playtime/farming is too low to farm for a Liberator. ( or i would get a Liberator w/out a doubt )
That let me with Apocalypse which i always wanted ( along with Amano for SAM but i'll work on both in the end, i just need answers to focus on either ) but i'm not sure how it stand @ 119v2 and 119v3.

Is Apocalypse considered an good scythe @ 99 once it's 119v3 ?
Does it have a place in the TOP5 scythes for DRK ?
If yes, which are the 5 scythe and their order ?

I see so many people bashing on Apoc, it's hard to get clear answers, non-biaised opinions and a testimony from Apoc's users. ^^;

Thx a lot for your incoming answers ! :p

I love Apoc for doing solo/trust/low man stuff. You'll almost never die if you have haste/march with Catastrophe spam. At 119v3 (which I don't have) I can just imagine the damage is amazing. Being able to fulltime Souleater with Apoc is one of the biggest perks imo.

Liberator is amazing for damage output, but watch out because you're going to pull some hate. Souleater will kill you for sure unless your whm is on point.

Farming a mythic isn't really that bad, just very monotonous. Don't do what I did and completely forget to do Nyzul/Einherjar while your farming Alexandrites. Blu is going to be your best friend for farming mythic.

My bottom line is always, do what you wanna do. Don't build a weapon for anybody but yourself.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh
By Quetzalcoatl.Mayuh 2016-06-08 08:47:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Thx for the input, it helps a lot.

Most of my time is spent solo/trust/low man these days anyway.
My choice is between Amano/Apoc but Apoc is still my favorite as i serisouly love DRK. ^^

I'll farm salvage along with Dynamis but i don't feel like farming a lot more for a Liberator and i won't get to use it at its full potential with my playtime... except if bonanza is VERY nice to me ! :p

Thx again for you post !
First Page 2 3 ... 70 71 72 ... 206 207 208