(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 206 207 208
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 17:36:44
Link | Quote | Reply

/SAM would still prove better off for the current endgame we have, and as far as WS still goes, as long as the WS mechanics stay consistent, Great Sword still wins.

Expect some updates soon, guys.
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-11-04 18:14:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It would take an entirely new set of WS to give any scythe a fighting chance. Even when the wildskeeper scythe had nearly 200 skill over Any GSD, the deficit was extraordinary.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 18:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Kap! Halp me make a Ragnarok in exchange for whatever relic you want

prz? :>
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-11-04 18:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe when I bring my Ryu up to 119 :(
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 18:40:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Not having a Ragnarok is totally going to ruin my rep, yo
 Leviathan.Kaparu
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-11-04 19:02:28
Link | Quote | Reply

GEO can't use Rag, yo
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 19:03:49
Link | Quote | Reply

omg Kap, you can't just tell people GEO can't use Rag
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 19:10:56
Link | Quote | Reply

By the way, I see no use for the upgraded DRK AF.

Unless you're using it to fill a gap somewhere before Skirmish/Delve gear.
 Sylph.Hyunkyl
Server: Sylph
user: hyunkyl
By Sylph.Hyunkyl 2013-11-04 20:00:26
Link | Quote | Reply

WKR GS:

Kaquljaan DMG:233 Delay:480 DEX+12 AGI+12 Element: Thunder+20 Attack +15 "Magic Atk. Bonus"+15 Great Sword skill +188 Parrying skill +188 Magic Accuracy skill +146 "Triple Attack"+2%
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 20:06:28
Link | Quote | Reply

omg soul enslavement is awesome lol

was draining about 30-50 TP a tic on average, Odin 2 atm, killing adds

then I saw it was totally random. meh, more TP doesn't hurt I suppose :p

looking for more tests/reports/etc.
 Phoenix.Baelorn
Server: Phoenix
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2013-11-04 23:08:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
ig·no·min·y
ˈignəˌminē,igˈnäminē/
noun
noun: ignominy; plural noun: ignominies
public shame or disgrace.
"the ignominy of being imprisoned"
synonyms: shame, humiliation, embarrassment, mortification;

Thanks, SE.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-04 23:25:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Baelorn said: »
Quote:
ig·no·min·y
ˈignəˌminē,igˈnäminē/
noun
noun: ignominy; plural noun: ignominies
public shame or disgrace.
"the ignominy of being imprisoned"
synonyms: shame, humiliation, embarrassment, mortification;

Thanks, SE.
Bahahaha, I was wondering if that was a real word or not...
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-11-05 12:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kaparu said: »
It would take an entirely new set of WS to give any scythe a fighting chance. Even when the wildskeeper scythe had nearly 200 skill over Any GSD, the deficit was extraordinary.

That sucks when a A+ weapon is the worst thing to use on your job...
SE logic... That said Apoc or Liberator are somewhat reducing the gap between GS and scythe even if GS is still far ahead. A scythe without any special ability or effect attached to it is always worthless because of the high delay and the lack of good ws. Apoc or Liberator could at least have a chance to find a niche somewhere, somehow.
[+]
By volkom 2013-11-05 13:20:05
Link | Quote | Reply

are the weaponskills still locked to those jobs?
so a RUN can't use torcleaver right?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-05 13:53:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

SE logic... That said Apoc or Liberator are somewhat reducing the gap between GS and scythe even if GS is still far ahead. A scythe without any special ability or effect attached to it is always worthless because of the high delay and the lack of good ws. Apoc or Liberator could at least have a chance to find a niche somewhere, somehow.
Not to mention, Entropy isn't exactly worth using for primary damage :(

volkom said: »
are the weaponskills still locked to those jobs?
so a RUN can't use torcleaver right?

I'd say yes to that, only because PLD & DRK can use Caladbolg to begin with (I still believe that was kind of stupid on SE's part to not give GEO and RUN Empy WS)
By Chyula 2013-11-05 14:32:34
Link | Quote | Reply

just give entropy or quietus whatever that empy ws called an added potent effect of defense down and scythe will be saved. It don't have to compete with Resolution to be good, just make every scythe with base weapon added effect plus something like defense down, or magic defense down on entropy and quiteus. no gay ***like blind, para, and ***those nothing to bosses.
 Cerberus.Kylos
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-11-06 12:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I would love for Quietus to be useful, and Entropy to be on par with Resolution, as that would allow DRKs to get back on their A+ weapon.

Did DRK get anything decent from the update? How does the new AF compare to the optimum sets before the update? Is Ragnarok better then Senbaak now?
 Cerberus.Matthious
user: Matthias
By Cerberus.Matthious 2013-11-06 12:45:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rag DPS is equal to Senbaak but rag gives more skill and attack. Factor in the 2.5x proc and the crit% up and it's no contest. Only drawback is Senbaak is easier to 5-hit.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-11-06 12:52:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Here are my assumptions on the new Ignominy set.

The only thing I see on this is the Dark Magic. Striga Crown has the same skill and enhances Drain and Aspir though, depends if you have done Legion or not.

Looks exceptionally bad unless you are a DRK that likes to enfeeble stuff, which is extremely rare to see.

Possible TP piece? Depending on where you have haste and store tp.

Can't think of a single reason why anyone would use it. The haste is low, the STR is too low, Parrying skill?? Who really uses parrying skill gear?

Once again I can't see any reason to use this, unless you want to enhance arcane circle.

Feels like DRK got shafted royally. The Artifact was already extremely bad when it was released back in the day, and it seems like they wanted to continue that trend. I would do the head for the dark magic skill, and maybe the hands if it fits into a TP set well.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-11-06 12:53:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Matthious said: »
Rag DPS is equal to Senbaak but rag gives more skill and attack. Factor in the 2.5x proc and the crit% up and it's no contest. Only drawback is Senbaak is easier to 5-hit.

Kinda annoyed I spent money on the senbaak instead of marrows now :( Going to wait til December update to see if it's worth coming back to do stuff.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-11-06 13:30:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Not to mention, Entropy isn't exactly worth using for primary damage :(

Entropy wasnt that bad really idk what its like on mega bosses I was always normally on drg or cor. Back in VW days I was doing 4-6k entropys with Apoc mainly because I always refused to GS it with all the bandwagnaroks floating around. Same with cata I was normally doing 4k+ with that.
Server: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: Creaucent
By Creaucent Alazrin 2013-11-06 13:31:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Kinda annoyed I spent money on the senbaak instead of marrows now :( Going to wait til December update to see if it's worth coming back to do stuff.

You will still need to get all the upgrade items for the new stats.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2013-11-06 17:48:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It's about opportunity costs. With the new stat spam you can get a pretty decent Entropy build, but it's still not competitive with Resolution. The weapons themselves aren't much different but the WS selection means that GS will always be a stronger DPS option then Scyth.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-06 19:51:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Let's not forget about the Crit Evasion Delve Nms have now.

Considering that and the above, Rag and Senbaak are about even.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2013-11-06 20:12:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone have torcleaver ws unlocked and tried it with a senbaak, can it match reso? (it would then at least free up ws merits for another job)
 Remora.Brain
Server: Remora
user: Arucaurd
By Remora.Brain 2013-11-06 21:52:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Even with Crit Evasion, Ragnarok sh*ts all over Senbaak in every situation but saving TP up, running in, and WSing a mob.

Rag has better DPS before considering stats, better skill/acc, 2.5 damage procs, lower delay favoring fSTR, and then the Critical Hit Rate V.

The only real advantage Senbaak has is an easier 5 hit, but the difference between a 5 hit Senbaak and 6 hit Ragnarok is already a fraction of a second in high biff situations, but when you figure in multi-attacks/enfeebles/player error leading to over tp, the difference is damn near impossible to discern in WS speed.

Edit:

And no, Torcleaver isn't even close to Resolution. You won't be freeing up any WS merits there without gimping yourself a good bit.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-11-07 13:03:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Huh, so the crit evasion isn't even that high then? In that case, I'd have to agree. I was mainly talking in terms of Delve MegaBosses, but as for everything else, yeah, Ragnarok is practically tops again.

Also, especially after trying it last night at Yumcax, Torcleaver doesn't really come close to being an alternative to Resolution. I've seen close numbers, but Reso's better on average.

As far as new gear goes, that Cetl Belt seems to have potential as a replacement to Goading Belt, if only there were a piece of gear that makes up for the STP+5 from not using Goading.
 Lakshmi.Konvict
Server: Lakshmi
user: Smasher
By Lakshmi.Konvict 2013-11-07 13:28:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Insurgency actually isn't a bad ws with the 30% boost. Revamped Lib should do good.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Server: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2013-11-07 14:12:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzacoatl said: »
Huh, so the crit evasion isn't even that high then? In that case, I'd have to agree. I was mainly talking in terms of Delve MegaBosses, but as for everything else, yeah, Ragnarok is practically tops again.

Also, especially after trying it last night at Yumcax, Torcleaver doesn't really come close to being an alternative to Resolution. I've seen close numbers, but Reso's better on average.

As far as new gear goes, that Cetl Belt seems to have potential as a replacement to Goading Belt, if only there were a piece of gear that makes up for the STP+5 from not using Goading.

You can always rose strap it. However, the new gloves with +DA is also very good, so you have +10 stp to make up for to replace cizin gloves and goading.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-11-07 14:15:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Torcleaver is still worth having for more evasive monsters or if you don't have enough attack.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 33 34 35 ... 206 207 208