(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 203 204 205
By SimonSes 2020-04-11 18:17:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
Felgarr said: »
I went with Path B.

I figure Ill just get multiples at this point. This one was a gift so I damn well wanted to put it to use.

Have you tried making a DRK TP set with 50 Subtle Blow and 25 Subtle Blow II? Notice significantly fewer TP moves from the mobs you fight?

Haven't tried it out yet, but heres what Im thinking in the interim, Dagon wont drop for me..:
ItemSet 372264

Follow Up Atk +50%
DA+40%
TA+5%
QA+3%
224 TP per swing
Subtle Blow I = +32
Subtle Blow II= +30
25% Haste

ItemSet 372265
DA+27% (or +17% if using a STP cape)
TA+14%
QA+3%
200 TP per swing
Subtle Blow I= 20
Subtle Blow II= 40
27% Haste (Overkill but it works) Down side is sacrificing Ios+1

Both are using a DA Ambu Cape, Set #2 may need a store TP cape to keep a 5 hit depending on TP return from WS.

If you factor in Last Resort:
Last Resort = +15 with Fallen Feet +3 should bring both to the cap, at the cost of losing Flamma Feet+2's DA/STP

Getting the +75 Subtle Blow in pure gear seems like too much of a sacrifice IMO.

Sitting at 60ish without Last Resort is nothing to sneeze at.

ItemSet 372267

Capped SB
Capped Haste
8 more store tp, but 10% less DA than your first set
Imo overall the best if you go for 75%SB from just gear, but good luck with getting Volte :)
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-04-23 15:20:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Sandraa said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Avengers said: »
Hey guys, need some advice/suggestions. Returning player, I haven't really played hardcore since the beginning of Adoulin (I hated the new gear and item levels, but I'm happy it's stabilized at 119 now).

Before I left, I had gotten a Ragnarok, I have it up to 119 now, no AG, not sure if it's worth AGing at all. I also started an Apoc, and need the 61 or 62 jade shells stage.

I'm not a high end player, I haven't done Dynamis D yet, I'm pretty much just playing solo or duo with a blu/dnc/sch/rdm friend. I'm about to finish my mythic for PUP (my other serious job, I started this back in 2012) this week and other than a few pieces of gear for it, I plan on then focusing on finishing Apoc for Drk.

How important is it for Calad? Not gonna lie, I don't really want to do an empy weapon (I have a Ukon and a Vereth at 85 from years ago) and I did get Torcleaver unlocked as a WS. I've thought about maybe working on this as a side thing but not sure if it's really worth the time investment for what I have already. Is it worth it to AG the Ragnarok or just forget Rag altogether now (I got it back in the day when spamming Resolution was the way to go), and eventually go for Caladbolg. I do have a Redemption I started back in like 2010, but well, I don't have intentions on finishing it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone.

My opinion about this weapon and answering to you 1 year late

Father Time

Route A
[1] Chance of double damage +50%
[2] Store TP+25
[3] DMG: +15

Is an excellent weapon for a FRESH-DRK player or a RETURNING-DRK-BOY. Just open the wallet spend 170M and enjoy your placeholder until you can get a R15-CALA or R15-LIB

You can get a 4 Hit build extremely easy because the 25 STP.

You need to hit the enemy 3 times before WS so having a great white-damage boost is always welcome

I ended up going with Path B since a majority of Scythe WS really benefit from TP overflow. I found that most of the WS are underwhelming at 1000 TP. I definitely want to make a Path A and C now though.
[+]
By Galkapryme 2020-05-12 16:01:12
Link | Quote | Reply

I actually took the time out of my day to build a set for Infernal Scythe. The weaponskill damage still sucks. I guess it's really only meant for that attack down effect.
 Asura.Azagarth
Server: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-12 17:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

you can get 9k~ out of it not bad but useful in dyna sometimes
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-12 17:41:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »
I actually took the time out of my day to build a set for Infernal Scythe. The weaponskill damage still sucks. I guess it's really only meant for that attack down effect.

Shadow of Death has 8 ftp @ 3000tp. With Anguta its not too bad. I can only get it to 15,000 without proper buffs though
 Shiva.Dayone
Server: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-05-16 06:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Galkapryme said: »

Shadow of Death has 8 ftp @ 3000tp. With Anguta its not too bad. I can only get it to 15,000 without proper buffs though

I tried this with geo and Sybil and managed to hit 55k at 3k effective.
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-16 10:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 373093

This set gets me about 23.5k on non-NMs without outside buffs at 3000 TP (or well, 2250 with Anguta and Moonshade).

Back has 30 INT, 20 MACC/MDMG, 10 WSD
Feet have 11 MACC, 21 MAB, 5 WSD
 Shiva.Dayone
Server: Shiva
user: day1
By Shiva.Dayone 2020-05-18 07:46:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
ItemSet 373093

This set gets me about 23.5k on non-NMs without outside buffs at 3000 TP (or well, 2250 with Anguta and Moonshade).

Back has 30 INT, 20 MACC/MDMG, 10 WSD
Feet have 11 MACC, 21 MAB, 5 WSD

Oh, I totally forgot about archon and pixie!

For straight magic WS with the (not great) 40%STR/40%INT modifier, where does MAB vs. WSD land?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-18 20:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I did some math for Infernal, Not sure if it transfer to Shadow though, feel free to test my numbers!

https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua/22/#3494834
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2020-05-18 20:38:41
Link | Quote | Reply

MAB's increase in percent is 100 * (added MAB)/(original MAB), where all players have a base of 100. For example, if you have +60 MAB in gear and then add another 60 MAB, that's a 100 * 60/160 = 37.5% increase.

WSDMG's increase in percent is the same, just keep in mind that job master DRK has 108 native WSDMG instead of 100.

Elemental affinity is also the same.

To maximize magical WS damage (ignoring attributes, because they are generally much weaker effects), you want to maximize X, where X = (total MAB/100) * (total WSDMG/100) * (total elemental affinity/100).
 Asura.Shinkiro
user: Shinkiro
By Asura.Shinkiro 2020-05-20 20:26:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, Ive finally hit maxed on my DRK and been following different guides for gearing up a tp build, i was wondering if the builds on the front page are still up to date and if anyone could toss me somehelp with what i should be looking to upgrade or improve in my current gear?

ItemSet 373230

is that father time scythe really better than finishing my Apoc?
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-20 20:33:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shinkiro said: »

No
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
Server: Bismarck
user: Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-20 20:41:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Apocalypse makes you nearly an invincible brick ***house. Weapon Bash > Nightmare Scythe, MB Drain 3, get your spikes up and just laugh. Apoc is one of the funnest weapons to use IMO.
By Aquatiq 2020-05-20 22:21:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Shinkiro said: »
Hey, Ive finally hit maxed on my DRK and been following different guides for gearing up a tp build, i was wondering if the builds on the front page are still up to date and if anyone could toss me somehelp with what i should be looking to upgrade or improve in my current gear?

ItemSet 373230

this is kept up-to-date (edit: was thinking of a diff guide, comment about tiers removed) https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua/

looking at your set, the first thing i'd do is swap out Flamma gloves for Sulevia gloves, and work those toward +2 at the same priority as your Flamma helm. You may end up nearly full-timing the Sulevia gloves into endgame content as they're an excellent hybrid DT/TP piece.
By Shinkiro 2020-05-20 22:38:30
Link | Quote | Reply

thank you all for the answers C:

Aquatiq said: »
this is kept up-to-date (edit: was thinking of a diff guide, comment about tiers removed) https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/50426/high-end-sets-advicesuggestionsideaslua/

that link looks amazing, abit of a noob question, what does DT mean in DRK_DT_SCYTHE ? that for offtanking?
 Bahamut.Celebrindal
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Celebrindal 2020-05-20 22:40:02
Link | Quote | Reply

"DT" is a standard accepted abbreviation for "-Damage Taken". In the game there's essentially 3 "DT" stats:

-"Damage Taken"
-"Physical Damage Taken"
-"Magical Damage Taken"

when someone says just DT, typically they're referring to a standard "-Damage Taken" set, not one specifically made for Physical or Magical damage.

It could be used for offtanking, to swap quickly when you pull hate at a bad moment, or even main tanking for certain lowman setups.
[+]
By Shinkiro 2020-05-20 22:45:58
Link | Quote | Reply

ahhh i see, thank you all for the help ^^
By Crossbones 2020-05-20 23:25:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add DT also includes breath damage taken, a fourth type. Generally (if not always) this applies to any hp based attacks, such as the obvious breath attacks from wyvern etc but also the nin 1h mijin gakure. The more hp the enemies have when they use these attacks, the more it does. PDT and MDT does not reduce the dmg of these moves, only BDT and DT does. Magic evasion is also indispensable for these as they can be resisted to lower the dmg taken.
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
Server: Sylph
user: Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-05-29 12:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a quick question. I have Apocalypse and soon will have Anguta, is Father Time worth it?
By Crossbones 2020-05-29 12:57:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Worth is subjective. If you ask me then no but others have their own opinions. There is a discussion literally on this page and the one before it so read them and form your own opinion based on the pros and cons.
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-05-29 13:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Crossbones said: »
Worth is subjective. If you ask me then no but others have their own opinions. There is a discussion literally on this page and the one before it so read them and form your own opinion based on the pros and cons.

I was asking because I scored one "cheap". Read through and yeah seems very much based on opinion. Hmmm.
 Asura.Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2020-05-29 17:47:01
Link | Quote | Reply

BiS drain is all I really see it being used for.... not worth the price unless you literally got everything else drk could possibly 'niche' use.... my opinion of course.
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2020-05-29 19:10:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Seidell said: »

I was asking because I scored one "cheap". Read through and yeah seems very much based on opinion. Hmmm.

I too scored one cheap(free). Path B has been pretty awesome so far. I don't have Liberator so it's a nice hold over weapon. Also you can pretty much cap subtle blow with last resort up. It's been a pretty fun weapon to mess with and doesn't take much effort/time at all too finish.

I mean you just buy/get the weapon and start working on RP. No trials, no afterglow, no astrals needed. Even if you buy the Heroisms it's still far cheaper than REM.

Anguta's TP bonus really helps stuff like Cross Reaper, but so does the tp overflow from Raetic+1/Father Time path B.

I'm not really a fan of Anguta these days and it just collects dust. As for FT, Raetic+1 will probably scratch the itch cheaper,

I'm currently using Father Time for pure Scythe DD, Apoc for SHTF, Calad for DPS when accuracy isn't a concern.

The physical accuracy is up there with Apoc, and the magic accuracy is very nice to have for general use. The 3% HP-> Attack thing is kind of meh, but with Drain 3 up you should be getting an extra 150-180 attack from it if you are sitting at 5-6k HP
By Pipster 2020-05-30 12:06:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Drain Gear Question with new Odyssey Augments to Lugra Cloack +1: +Magic Acc 60, SIR down 20%, and All Atrr +20(making attr. str:55, dex:55, vit:55, agi:55, int:68, mnd:68, chr:68)would this be BiS now or would Pixie Hairpin +1 and Carmine Scale Mail still be tops. Thanks!!!!
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-05-30 12:42:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Azagarth said: »
BiS drain is all I really see it being used for.... not worth the price unless you literally got everything else drk could possibly 'niche' use.... my opinion of course.

I too scored one cheap(free). Path B has been pretty awesome so far. I don't have Liberator so it's a nice hold over weapon. Also you can pretty much cap subtle blow with last resort up. It's been a pretty fun weapon to mess with and doesn't take much effort/time at all too finish.

I mean you just buy/get the weapon and start working on RP. No trials, no afterglow, no astrals needed. Even if you buy the Heroisms it's still far cheaper than REM.

Anguta's TP bonus really helps stuff like Cross Reaper, but so does the tp overflow from Raetic+1/Father Time path B.

I'm not really a fan of Anguta these days and it just collects dust. As for FT, Raetic+1 will probably scratch the itch cheaper,

I'm currently using Father Time for pure Scythe DD, Apoc for SHTF, Calad for DPS when accuracy isn't a concern.

The physical accuracy is up there with Apoc, and the magic accuracy is very nice to have for general use. The 3% HP-> Attack thing is kind of meh, but with Drain 3 up you should be getting an extra 150-180 attack from it if you are sitting at 5-6k HP

I sold it for double I bought it for. Still cheap. Using the funds to AG Apoc and Caladbolg lol
[+]
By volkom 2020-05-30 13:32:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Using the funds to AG Apoc and Caladbolg lol

<3
[+]
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-30 13:47:38
Link | Quote | Reply

<3
[+]
 Sylph.Seidell
By Sylph.Seidell 2020-05-30 13:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »

<3
Bismarck.Firedemon said: »

<3

Good something we can all agree on!
 Bismarck.Firedemon
By Bismarck.Firedemon 2020-05-30 14:13:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I love Calad, you're just a force to be reckoned with. Just something about Apoc and being near invincible just gives me a chub.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 186 187 188 ... 203 204 205