(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 203 204 205
 Bahamut.Kludge
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Cobit
By Bahamut.Kludge 2019-12-10 17:11:01
Link | Quote | Reply

In review of the numbers above, I believe it's correct to state that the pre-randomizer, pre-PDL-modified Scythe pDif cap has increased by 0.25, from 3.75 to 4.0. Do let me know otherwise :)

To cater to all audiences: "your farming tool deeps got bigger, but not as big as your mom. Get on my level".
By Felgarr 2019-12-10 18:26:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Celebrindal said: »
Shiva.Humpo said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
it does not matter which scythe you're using.

(x + y + z) * a * (4.950) / (x + y + z) * a * (4.675) = 1.0588

The only variable that has changed is the pdif, and even then it only matters if you're able to reach the new cap. since every other variable remained the same, you can just do 4.95 / 4.675 to find the new difference.

I really appreciate seeing the math going into it, but this doesn't really show me the end results unless I went thru the effort of actually doing the math. Doing math is boring and tedious. Going out and murdering stuff on the other hand... Much more fun! So again, I really appreciate seeing the math documented but please stop throwing it in my face.

Phoenix.Dankstar said: »
I was playing with lib a bit before bed and I normaly stay around the 50k range with trusts and hitting 74k insurgencys now.

This however, is some grade A testing I can appreciate!

You, my friend, are why those who play tanks and support jobs have a standard dislike for DRK mains throughout this game. So freaking sick of ppl who only level DD jobs for "Dat LEET DMG" and think of nothing else than the big numbers in their chatlog, don't look at parses, don't break those down for overall party parse variances based on your choices, don't understand hybrid sets or the need/value of them, pull hate within the first 10 seconds of the fight because they fired off back to back Sekka's Last Resort WSs before the tank got beyond the pull only to say "This Tank SUCKS"...

This is no longer a teenager game. This is CERTAINLY no longer a game lacking understanding of its mechanics. Level up GEO, BRD, or WHM- watch party dynamics from a different angle. Level up PLD or RUN- understand hate mechanics finally since its clear studying them isn't going to be in your future. Or better yet, keep talking your LEET DMG in a group of trusts doing 8 year old content because others won't party with you beyond ambuscade. Dear lord, be an adult and realizing that you purposely chose a MMO (Massively MULTIPLAYER Online) Game, and stop wasting others time because you think your amazeballs crit hit means anything.

/endrant.

Please folks. Be the kind of DRK that gets remembered and re-invited by support jobs because you deal out amazing damage and don't kill yourself and the party in the process.

I have a similar disdain for the kind of meat-head DD, who screams 'hold hate!' instead of maybe switching to a TP set with DT. They don't care to understand that their Tank or Support might be doing something else during the second they unloaded too much damage. Be mindful of your support jobs, ffs. /endrant #2.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Server: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 19:16:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Humpo said: »
I was playing with lib a bit before bed and I normaly stay around the 50k range with trusts and hitting 74k insurgencys now.

This however, is some grade A testing I can appreciate!

to add to everyone else who's been shitting on you, the reason that 'testing' is worthless is because people are notoriously horrible about eyeballing and exaggerating

if you pretend it's true, you have 74/50 = 48% damage increase.. when in reality it's about 6.6% if the 3.75>4 change is correct.. misrepresented the buff as over 7x more potent than it actually is
 Asura.Geriond
Server: Asura
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-10 19:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's actually more like 5.8% for DRK because our natural PDL trait makes adding 0.25 a smaller percentage increase.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Weinberg
user: Weinberg
By Asura.Weinberg 2019-12-10 19:28:04
Link | Quote | Reply

DirectX said: »
tl;dr: Calad and Torcleaver is still king?
Even before the scythe buff, Torc spam was only clearly better (for pure dps) when you were making use of its light sc property. I doubt this buff changes that scenario favoring caladbolg.

Otherwise multistepping/insurgency/cross reaper spam is comparable if not significantly better after the update (haven’t really compared pure zerg dps numbers yet). Not to mention the utility of scythe options over great sword for mana (Entropy) hp (catastrophe) and gravitation/darkness for drain mb.
 Phoenix.Dankstar
Server: Phoenix
user: Darke666
By Phoenix.Dankstar 2019-12-10 19:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

All i said was I played around with it before bed and said the difference I had...lol
 Phoenix.Dankstar
By Phoenix.Dankstar 2019-12-10 19:35:12
Link | Quote | Reply

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/48598477671763968/654131617555546112/unknown.png?width=832&height=468
 Shiva.Thorny
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2019-12-10 19:35:21
Link | Quote | Reply

All i said was I played around with it before bed and said the difference I had...lol
wasn't directed at you, was directed at the guy who said austar's math means nothing and your anecdote was grade a testing
[+]
 Phoenix.Dankstar
By Phoenix.Dankstar 2019-12-10 19:42:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Just a squishy t1 but still don't normally hit that high with trusts

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Isolation
user: ringly
By Shiva.Isolation 2019-12-10 21:06:12
Link | Quote | Reply

All hail the real drks Calad. Do any of the scythe carrying emodrks need to get schooled this evening?
By eeternal 2019-12-11 08:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Apologies if this was discussed earlier but I wasn't able to find much info..

How much is the defense down with Nandaka? appreciate the feedback
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2019-12-11 08:45:21
Link | Quote | Reply

People don't talk about Nandaka much because the general consensus is that it isn't very good, compared to Calad, Raetic, or even Montante.

From what I know the defense down is variable, how much def-down per debuff could probably be tested in PvP, but I don't think anyone is in much of a hurry.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-11 08:51:17
Link | Quote | Reply

The defense down is only during the WS, so it should really be labeled as ignoring defense, like Quietus.
[+]
By eeternal 2019-12-11 08:52:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I was contemplating of using it instead of full break for long fights for the defense down, but not really sure how much is Nandaka defense down..
By eeternal 2019-12-11 08:53:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
The defense down is only during the WS, so it should really be labeled as ignoring defense, like Quietus.

Oh thanks man.. I thought it was straight mob defense down.. appreciate it
By volkom 2019-12-11 09:22:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Isolation said: »
All hail the real drks Calad.

Yaaasssss
 Bahamut.Aquatic
user: hydro
By Bahamut.Aquatic 2019-12-11 09:49:16
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-12 17:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

In case anyone was wondering, I just confirmed (using the Domain Invasion boots) that WSDMG does not cap at +100.
[+]
 Bahamut.Empyrean
By Bahamut.Empyrean 2019-12-12 21:47:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Honestly, the damage is so close between lib and calad that it really boils down to preference and acc. I favor lib due to acc, but if I am lowman and zerg, I will probably use calad. Nothing is worse than whiffing torc

Edit: someone already said it, when skill chaining the gap closes even more. I was putting out 50k+ cross reaper before the update, haven't been on drk since the update, but I am sure you can hit some massive sc damage parses. Especially with aeonic/umbra
By Gasho 2019-12-13 01:47:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello guys

I just got Anguta,

was wondering what SCs I can use

3 steps or more
thx
 Asura.Airoh
user: Anjou
By Asura.Airoh 2019-12-13 02:03:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Gasho said: »
Hello guys

I just got Anguta,

was wondering what SCs I can use

3 steps or more
thx
https://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/48255/drk-skillchains/
By eeternal 2019-12-13 05:10:54
Link | Quote | Reply

From past experience, I have both R15 and done many endgame with both, lib tends to be better with zerging (not by quite alot) but it's noticeable + i tend to have 9k hp with drain III MB.. its very easy to do darkness without switching weapons, which helps alot of not dying to volt

If you lets say soloing (volt mobs or omen thinker) calad is way better, at least thats where I switch to it.

Both are absolute beasts and if you love drk, get them if can

Post deleted by User.
By FaeQueenCory 2019-12-13 09:08:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Geriond said: »
In case anyone was wondering, I just confirmed (using the Domain Invasion boots) that WSDMG does not cap at +100.
Technically.... there could be multiple terms....
But trolling aside, I would put my money on how it works being unlimited just like MAB or BPdmg.

And more substantively, the "damage boost" from "Awakening" is just WSdmg? How much is it?
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2019-12-13 09:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Awakening gives flat double damage on everything, unrelated to WSDMG.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-12-13 13:07:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the devs stated outright at one point that +WSD had no cap.
[+]
By Felgarr 2019-12-20 15:06:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm able to reach 602 Scythe skill with Ratri +1 head/body/feet; Does this have any benefit, given the recent changes to Scythe damage calculations?
 Asura.Biglovin
user: Monko
By Asura.Biglovin 2019-12-20 15:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Felgarr said: »
I'm able to reach 602 Scythe skill with Ratri +1 head/body/feet; Does this have any benefit, given the recent changes to Scythe damage calculations?

Give the benefit of more accuracy than having 600 skill.
First Page 2 3 ... 179 180 181 ... 203 204 205