(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 206 207 208
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-13 12:17:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
Quetzacoatl said: »
edited the Crobaci and Iizamal portions!

I could try Kvazz, but I doubt I would have any room to put any more gearsets in (due to character limits) :(

He wasn't even asking for more gearsets, he was asking for some context for the sets that are there. Not that the sets are good.
I see, but the sets aren't good now? I can expect that with SoA release, but I guess I'll have to do more research on them.

btw I can't seem to find the log of the convo we had on Skype a few months back ><;
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-13 12:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

I could try Kvazz, but I doubt I would have any room to put any more gearsets in (due to character limits) :(

He wasn't even asking for more gearsets, he was asking for some context for the sets that are there. Not that the sets are good.
I see, but the sets aren't good now? I can expect that with SoA release, but I guess I'll have to do more research on them.
He just wants them organized better. Apoc section, ragnarok section, fulgurante, etc. Then split them based on subs.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-13 12:25:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Ramuh.Austar said: »

He just wants them organized better. Apoc section, ragnarok section, fulgurante, etc. Then split them based on subs.
OHH, Okay! That makes sense. I can do that.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-13 13:14:43
Link | Quote | Reply

alright, I seem to have the armor more organized now by weapon category. I'll be looking at more sets soon.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2013-04-14 10:42:09
Link | Quote | Reply

small suggestion, more of a note. Soil gorget/belt works for entropy catastrophe and resolution, would be good to have that in there somewhere for anyone trying to figure out inventory with all the sets
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 13:30:38
Link | Quote | Reply

After the new pieces of armour became available today, I updated my DRK sets. I know my DRK does not everything yet, but here goes. (I do not have Phorcys Head)

I was thinking the folliowing TP set. The Bale and Karieyh Head seem close to me, would I be right in guessing that I should use Karieyh for harder mobs and Bale for easy stuff?
Also my Ragnarok is new, and is getting to 95, so I have not looked into the permutations of Store TP with its delay. Am I lacking store tp in this set?

ItemSet 280988

Also I have upgraded my Reso set. I am sad to see my Phorcys Korazin looking like it will go to waste. It seems really marginal between the Karieyh and Phorcys. Phorcys has more attack it seems, while Karieyh has more accuracy. (PS. I know my Mekira is not +1 yet, I will buy it eventually)

ItemSet 281005

Karieyh Haubert - DEF:79 STR+18 DEX+18 Attack+25 "Double Attack"+2%

VS

Phorcys Korazin - DEF:70 STR+16 Attack+5% "Magic Attack Bonus"+7 Increases weapon skill damage Set: Increases STR, VIT, INT, MND (Increase Weaponskill damage only applies to first hit)

Thanks for any input.
By IXJesterheadXI 2013-04-14 17:30:15
Link | Quote | Reply

WS set looks good I personally use fracas grenade and phorcys body. My tp set /war I use pole grip, gnasha mala, phorcy head, legs feet, leaves me 7hit with 26 haste not worth the gear to 6 hit /war imo.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-14 23:30:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
small suggestion, more of a note. Soil gorget/belt works for entropy catastrophe and resolution, would be good to have that in there somewhere for anyone trying to figure out inventory with all the sets
added those as * notes in the guide! also decided to add DRK art to the OP =P
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-14 23:49:07
Link | Quote | Reply

IXJesterheadXI said: »
WS set looks good I personally use fracas grenade and phorcys body. My tp set /war I use pole grip, gnasha mala, phorcy head, legs feet, leaves me 7hit with 26 haste not worth the gear to 6 hit /war imo.

Actually I am not even sure why I put Bomb Core in there, I have Fracas Grenade.
So its true that Phprcys Korazin is better for WS then Karieyh?? I have seen conflicting opinions on this.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-14 23:54:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »

Actually I am not even sure why I put Bomb Core in there, I have Fracas Grenade.
So its true that Phprcys Korazin is better for WS then Karieyh?? I have seen conflicting opinions on this.
They seem very close, it's comparing DEX and DA+2% vs ATT+5% and WS Damage+7%. To be safe, I'd say Karieyh uncapped ACC, Phorcys capped ACC

I'll look more into this
[+]
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Server: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2013-04-15 00:10:16
Link | Quote | Reply

+~1% WS damage, and the attack increase applies only to additive bonuses
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 00:13:48
Link | Quote | Reply

I just feel like I wasted a Platinum Astarium, when I could have got the THF body or the Phorcys head. I have not had the Phorcys for long, not even two months. I was thinking the same thing Quetzacoatl.

I guess as a comparison, Karieyh for anything like Ig-Alima and higher? And Phorcys for trashy stuff that is impossible to miss on?
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2013-04-15 00:21:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Phorcys is slightly better unless you need the accuracy, but there are better accuracy swaps than Karieyh (mainly Letalis Mantle and Bale +2 legs, the former before the latter). If you still can't cap with other swaps, then Karieyh is better... but if you're having that much trouble hitting something you probably have a BRD and a COR.

They're pretty close, though.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-15 00:27:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Registry said: »
Phorcys is slightly better unless you need the accuracy, but there are better accuracy swaps than Karieyh. If you still can't cap with other swaps, then Karieyh is better... but if you're having that much trouble hitting something you probably have a BRD and a COR.

They're pretty close, though.
^ quoted for agreement
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 00:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks! I can't feel like ***for swapping into my Phorcys Korazin then. It lives!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2013-04-15 03:24:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
Thanks! I can't feel like ***for swapping into my Phorcys Korazin then. It lives!

It lives but barely frankly, ive done numerous spreadsheets on this thing and as soon as acc is required it pulls ahead, on ig-alima targets or higher. As soon as you take off aggressor or diabolic eye it starts to pull away from phorcys alot. When fully buffed the difference between the two is tiny as registry said. (when I say tiny I mean tiny im getting a difference of 9 on avg wsdmg literally)

I included bale +2 legs with letalis and its still the case where kari will win soon *** your acc buffs start dropping.
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2013-04-15 04:43:01
Link | Quote | Reply

btw I can't seem to find the log of the convo we had on Skype a few months back ><;

Basically, explain the set. Weapon used, x-hit achieved, extra WS swing miss in/tolerance, Regain/SaveTP incorporated, Legion/VW gear incorporated, haste buffs with which the set is to be used, etc. I literally have no idea what the first two sets are intended for. The first looks like a /SAM Rag uncapped delay reduction set, with an unnecessary Rose Grip. The second looks like some generic capped magic haste set, but no main weapon or organization scheme is present to make an accurate deduction. In a post that deigns to call itself a guide, the reader shouldn't be making deductions every corner they turn. Explain explain explain.

Also, the guide still sorely needs a section explaining how LR puts DRK at the delay reduction cap with simple Haste+Marches/Embrava. What's the point of having the varried gear haste sets to take advantage of capped delay reduction if you don't explain when to use them, right?
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-15 08:11:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Basically, explain the set. Weapon used, x-hit achieved, extra WS swing miss in/tolerance, Regain/SaveTP incorporated, Legion/VW gear incorporated, haste buffs with which the set is to be used, etc. I literally have no idea what the first two sets are intended for. The first looks like a /SAM Rag uncapped delay reduction set, with an unnecessary Rose Grip. The second looks like some generic capped magic haste set, but no main weapon or organization scheme is present to make an accurate deduction. In a post that deigns to call itself a guide, the reader shouldn't be making deductions every corner they turn. Explain explain explain.

Also, the guide still sorely needs a section explaining how LR puts DRK at the delay reduction cap with simple Haste+Marches/Embrava. What's the point of having the varried gear haste sets to take advantage of capped delay reduction if you don't explain when to use them, right?

Why don't you put together the section for him?

Embrava is dead so that elimates 50% of the sets needed. Voidwatch while it still takes place doesn't require specific sets anymore.

/war is heading back to the seldom used sub pile as well. It was barely ahead of /SAM before and with the Def/regain changes /SAM is going to be the primary sub 98% of the time.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-04-15 12:02:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Why don't you put together the section for him?

Embrava is dead so that elimates 50% of the sets needed. Voidwatch while it still takes place doesn't require specific sets anymore.

/war is heading back to the seldom used sub pile as well. It was barely ahead of /SAM before and with the Def/regain changes /SAM is going to be the primary sub 98% of the time.

In which situations would you use /war now?
Since the update and the change on att/def I can see me still using it for Arch Omega to keep hate but I feel it's a bit risky too.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-15 12:21:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Spell Haste (like "haste" haste) 15% + competent sch embrava 25% is still ~40% out of ~43% possible magic haste. That still puts you in 15% gear haste in "LR/embrava up" sets (instead of ~12); 5% haste if you add apoc aftermath. I'm just planning to figure a couple less haste whenever I unlazy and tweak my sets.
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2013-04-15 14:01:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

Spell Haste (like "haste" haste) 15% + competent sch embrava 25% is still ~40% out of ~43% possible magic haste. That still puts you in 15% gear haste in "LR/embrava up" sets (instead of ~12); 5% haste if you add apoc aftermath. I'm just planning to figure a couple less haste whenever I unlazy and tweak my sets.

Still makes Embrava dead. No regain and 4min duration means you aren't building a strat around it. Haste will still be capped you will just be using songs again.

Embrava sets are very different then capped haste sets since regain allowed players to focus on swings per round instead of xhits.

/SAM is back are so are Xhits. Hybrid sets are now a must for just about all content.

The DRK guide was very hard to construct before, but DRK lost a lot of its complexity after the update.
By IXJesterheadXI 2013-04-15 21:18:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I decided to make a /SAM Ragnarok setup for more survivability in salvage hows this gear look? 26% haste and 6hit

TP

ItemSet 296974

WS

ItemSet 296975

Using karie legs for ws ah wont let me show any advice or input welcome.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 23:11:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so I decided to make a /SAM Ragnarok setup for more survivability in salvage hows this gear look? 26% haste and 6hit

TP

ItemSet 296974

WS

ItemSet 296975

Using karie legs for ws ah wont let me show any advice or input welcome.

That WS set is pretty much what I got except I use two pyrosouls.
Not sure about the tp set, I mean this is only for salvage, you shouldn't need to make a survival tp set.

I was under the impression that Quadruple attack gear was more for an Embrava/BRD+COR buffs setup? Not sure on the numbers, but you are missing Store TP from not using Houyis.

Also the Bale body just looks wrong to me now. You can make decent tp setups based around Phorcys Korazin and Karieyh Haubert, instead of using the Bale. I only use that for Dread Spikes now.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 23:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 280988

Just got onto calculator and this is what came up. Rag 95 with /SAM.
The set gives Accuracy+57 Haste+25% and Store TP+36, which equals to 16.6 tp per hit (5 hits for 77.4 TP + 22.6 WS TP)

Does this mean I have to hit all five hits on Reso for it to work? Do I seriously need to replace Kareiyh Morion with Phorcys Salade (When I can get it) or could I just add like.. Rajas and maybe something else into my WS Set?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-15 23:48:18
Link | Quote | Reply

16.6*5 is 83
 Asura.Jem
Server: Asura
user: Jemmy
By Asura.Jem 2013-04-15 23:49:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're SAM sub then that's 51 STP not 36 STP. It's still 16.6 TP per hit but 5x 16.6 = 83 not 77.4.

Are you missing the obvious upgrades like E Body / Mala / etc?
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 23:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Jem said: »
If you're SAM sub then that's 51 STP not 36 STP. It's still 16.6 TP per hit but 5x 16.6 = 83 not 77.4.

Are you missing the obvious upgrades like E Body / Mala / etc?

Yea Mala never drops :( Got my dad his Armada last week, not got round to getting mine yet, too busy in reives. So I guess I just need Phorcys or Armada for it to work?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-04-15 23:55:19
Link | Quote | Reply

No, it's a 6 hit with 4/5 hits landing.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-04-15 23:59:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks :) That is good to know. Sorry for all the questions, but would Phorcys head, Armada and Mala be a much bigger upgrade then what I have already?
First Page 2 3 ... 17 18 19 ... 206 207 208