(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 203 204 205
 Asura.Mims
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-10-18 20:47:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Nice body/leg augments you got there. As it is you are in a 3hit build with 4 hits of insurgency landing, maxing your neck will let you keep a 3hit with 3 hits landed. Swapping the back out will let you change out body hand and legs for higher accuracy gear. I'd make a new mantle when you can, but what you have definitely works.

/Edit
As shorthand, you can think of Double attack in gear being 60% effective and triple attack being 80% effective compared to their listed values during AM3. Its not precise, but it works in a pinch.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2018-10-18 21:43:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Will you provide alternative sets for those who can't afford/find Ratri +1s on their server?
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-10-18 21:51:45
Link | Quote | Reply

nq
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-18 22:06:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Sulevia leggings +2 over Ratri NQ though
[+]
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-10-18 23:31:36
Link | Quote | Reply

So hypothetical situation..

Let's say I have Apoc and Anguta. How far will this take in content before I, or others, feel I should be using Caladbolg or Liberator? Is it something that ends up being required, or can Apoc/Anguta take me through Dyna-D?

Right now I have Apoc, and my next goal for weapons was Anguta, but I planned to stop there. I see a LOT of talk about Calad/Lib being the go-to for most content though so just curious how detrimental I will be without them.

(I know I asked a similar question before, but I am looking for a more elaborated/detailed answer)
 Sylph.Cherche
Server: Sylph
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-19 00:02:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Apoc is a utility/acc scythe, as it has been for a good while.

Anguta's a perfectly good weapon for damage. Best Cross Reaper weapon. I'd say best Entropy weapon, but the AM3 from Lib might make it better now that WS gearing is primarily WSDMG.
 Bismarck.Gippali
Server: Bismarck
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2018-10-19 00:26:12
Link | Quote | Reply

You can use Apoc/Anguta and clear all waves of new dyna with no problems. R15 on both just pushes them further. So I wouldn't be too stressed out about not having Calad or Lib. I have personally used all but Lib/Redemp with zero issues on all levels of content.
 Asura.Misakune
user: shaociang
By Asura.Misakune 2018-10-19 00:33:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Good to hear. What are the best utility uses for Apoc? I know soloing content it's useful, but what else if anything? I legit made Apoc based on always wanting to play DRK and own Apoc since like 2005 era, but never did it.

Also what determines whether I should use Apoc over Anguta and vice versa aside from the acc bonus on Apoc, if anything? I have never really played a melee job that had more than one set weapon option/combo haha.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-19 00:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Allows you to cap haste via Cata's additional effect, without locking yourself into /SAM (or without needing to be under Last Resort, but as /SAM). And the obvious benefits of HP drain attached to a pretty okay weaponskill.

Edit: Also access to a Gravitation/Darkness weaponskill. 3 step double Darkness skillchain is possible.
[+]
By SimonSes 2018-10-19 04:03:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
The set you posted Archaide is so sick, i'm gonna drop some money on emicho stuff when I get home. I was rocking some augmented valorous for a while, but I like those sets you have. Puts you in a higher base HP set, keeps acc high, and you get +9DA from it. The addition of Sulevia+2 legs + Hetaroi are interesting, I wouldn't have thought of that, but when your'e riding acc that high you can make choices like that.

Dont have a lib but it's an interesting build that I might consider. My cape is dex/stp though, but i still can steal some of those ideas. Real cool.

That TP set (mostly) was here
for more than several months now. You just need to search more :)
 Odin.Creaucent
Server: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2018-10-19 09:07:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Archaide said: »
Liberator at R15 with Insurgency spam is so broke right now. Last night did Dynamis Windurst and rocked it. I'm sure other groups can do better but I was pretty happy with this at least until SE fixes the WSD glitch or maybe they won't? SB from the Wave3 boss.

Hovered around 5k dps for most of the fight but had to back off a bit from stealing aggro at 82%, 62% etc. Ceinwyn is DP Cor, Pudgy is Calad Drk, Rafai and Korlat War, Inkydo Cor.

ItemSet 362189
Emicho is path B
Neck is R17
Cape is DEX, ACC/ATTK, DA

ACC = 1267 (no buffs)
STP = 50
DA with AM3 = 78
TA with AM3 = 31
QA = 3

ItemSet 362190
Cape is STR, ACC/ATTK, WSD

ACC = 1198 (no buffs)
WSD = 72 w/belt
DA with AM3 = 40
TA with AM3 = 20

So if you have a Liberator, rank it up!, Enjoy it while it lasts.

Unless im missing something your TP set isnt capping haste and is sitting at 23%.
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-19 09:28:09
Link | Quote | Reply

TP set doesn't need capped haste during Last Resort. Could get away with 11.25 gear haste and still cap so long as magic haste is cspped.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-19 09:32:58
Link | Quote | Reply

When last resort is down. you can pop in the Igno flanchard +3 to make the haste back up as those have 5%. Personally I would rock those full time as I am too lazy to make different sets for that kinda thing.
By elliondrk 2018-10-19 09:55:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Would anyone know how to write a conditional in GearSwap to call a different TP gearset when Mythic AM3 is up? Since I'm using Liberator much more often now, I should probably unlazy-fy my lua. I tried writing it myself, and didn't have success.
 Odin.Archaide
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-19 10:05:11
Link | Quote | Reply

elliondrk said: »
Would anyone know how to write a conditional in GearSwap to call a different TP gearset when Mythic AM3 is up? Since I'm using Liberator much more often now, I should probably unlazy-fy my lua. I tried writing it myself, and didn't have success.

I'm rockin a version of Bokura's someone posted a few pages back and really like it. I had to create another ACC set in mine and have to manually switch when AM is up. I'm not very good with code but was able to figure that much out anyway. But having it auto would be nice.
By elliondrk 2018-10-19 10:11:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm rockin a version of Bokura's someone posted a few pages back and really like it. I had to create another ACC set in mine and have to manually switch when AM is up. I'm not very good with code but was able to figure that much out anyway. But having it auto would be nice.

I'll take a look a few pages back. Thanks! I was also looking for automation, but worst case, I'll make a manual switch.
 Odin.Archaide
user: Archaide
By Odin.Archaide 2018-10-19 10:46:50
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll take a look a few pages back. Thanks! I was also looking for automation, but worst case, I'll make a manual switch.

Remembered it was from another thread, here's a link to mine anyway.

My DRK Lua
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2018-10-19 11:57:26
Link | Quote | Reply

That math isn't right. Relic/Mythic WS boosts are not additive with WSD. Moonshade and overflow TP are not exclusive to Anguta- and in fact you're likely to get more overflow with Liberator.
[+]
 Sylph.Cherche
By Sylph.Cherche 2018-10-19 12:21:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Liberator:
(1.1875*1.15*1.3*1.6)+(1*1.15*1.3*1.6*3) = 10.0165

Anguta:
(2.5625*1.6)+(1*1.6*3) = 8.9

Libs going to be multi attacking during Insurgency more often and very likely to be overflowing more often.
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2018-10-19 15:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

This was with a +30-40% damage Scarlet Delirium, but still, haha.

[+]
 Asura.Mims
user: Ginza
By Asura.Mims 2018-10-22 11:50:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I know I'm slacking on my Lib guide, but its coming I swear.

Here's a little calculator I threw together for determining the Store TP needed for a 3hit build with Liberator. Its pretty basic but I *think* it should be adequate.

Liberator 3hit build calculator
I'd appreciate some feedback on it. Most calculators out there seem to ignore WS phase store TP, but that is pretty necessary for Lib when building around things like Abyssal Beads/+1/+2, Ratri Cuisses/+1 and /Sam.
[+]
 Sylph.Darkside
user: Kensai98
By Sylph.Darkside 2018-10-22 12:16:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Have you completed your Augments on Liberator?
Just curious as that would give another 15% to your Insurgency damage.
By Odinz 2018-10-22 14:54:02
Link | Quote | Reply

This guy needs to come back and do some insane ***with Lib and make more videos
Good time to come back Primex.
YouTube Video Placeholder
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-10-22 14:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yo, that dat mod is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper gay doe.
[+]
By Odinz 2018-10-22 15:03:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Yo, that dat mod is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper gay doe.
This is the DRK thread, I'm sure he would take that as a compliment.

Don't abandon your emo roots my dear DRK community. Be #proud.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2018-10-29 10:34:37
Link | Quote | Reply

So I bought a Nicander's Necklace by accident fooling around on the Auction House, so I decided to test out damage taken with it on for Scarlet Delirium.

Went into Dynamis Valkurm and fought a Sabotender and got an odd result... 5/5 NQ Ratri set + Eluder's Satchet = +47% Damage Taken. Nicander's +10% Phys. Damage Taken should naturally bring you to +57% PDT.

I faintly remember asking the question on here years ago if PDT+/DT+ went over the 50% ceiling and being told yes.

Anywho, 2,000 Needles did 3171 damage; 4,000 Needles did 6343 damage. Both moves ending in an odd number threw me off immediately. I'm no math wiz but I whittled it down to * 1.5857 ~ 1.5858.

-Went back into Dynamis - Valkurm, and repeated the test with just Nicander's on; 4,000 Needles came out to 4,406 damage. So * 1.1015

-Ran third test with just NQ Ratri 5/5, listed number is +45%. 4,000 Needles did 5,883 damage for * 1.47075
First Page 2 3 ... 153 154 155 ... 203 204 205