(Don't) Fear The Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » (Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
(Don't) Fear the Reaper: A Dark Knight Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 206 207 208
By Althyk 2013-02-06 02:24:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If I don't have haste & march/ or Embrava when I pop LR i should just stay in my regular TP set?
 Fenrir.Ghostknight
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Zeraphion
By Fenrir.Ghostknight 2013-02-06 02:31:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes.

Embrava alone won't cap magic haste either, you'll need embrava+haste or marches+haste.
By Althyk 2013-02-06 02:33:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Sweet thanks that answered my questions =D
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-06 02:37:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Most OAT 5-hits have 25% or 26% haste naturally, because of Phorcy's and/or Ace's. The Murzim /WAR 5-hit I put up is 25% mostly by accident.
 Asura.Fondue
Server: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-10 12:23:32
Link | Quote | Reply

new to playing with the spreadsheet but i get this /sam (7hit, rcb, needing 3/5 reso to land)

coming out over this with duplus instead of rose /sam

for lastresort down on both getting chaos+marchmarchmin for every target :< any input?
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-02-10 12:46:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Your 2nd set should come ahead if you ws in rajas+pyro instead of pyro X2, and rose strap make it even better.

If you have chaos roll, you should have fighter roll too unless you're playing with mythic only dd so should check with both up !
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-10 12:48:36
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah i added fighters and the 1st was ahead by even more :x swapping those rings lowered dps on 2nd, you need to land 4/5 hits with the 2nd set with duplus is that unreasonable? 81% chance with no da and stuff
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-02-10 12:54:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
81% chance with no da and stuff
Ignoring DA, 77.38% chance at 5 hits and 16.9% you'll get 4 hits, pretty reasonable to assume 4/5 especially once DA is factored in.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2013-02-10 12:56:44
Link | Quote | Reply

yeah I dont know what I was going for there lol only did 95^4 and moved on

looks like this wins /sam lr down chaosfighterminmarchx2 with carb
 Cerberus.Detzu
Server: Cerberus
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-10 16:50:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Fondue said: »
yeah I dont know what I was going for there lol only did 95^4 and moved on

looks like this wins /sam lr down chaosfighterminmarchx2 with carb

Did you try ares hands +1 instead of bale +2?

With :
Bale +2 hands : 373.851
Ares +1 hands : 399.663

I assumed you have haste spell on.
Correct me if I'm wrong.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2013-02-11 03:50:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Without haste :
Bale +2 : 245.688
Ares +1 : 264.507
 Asura.Ccl
user: ccl
By Asura.Ccl 2013-02-11 06:06:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Aye, we got the same result as you Detzu + carbonara/arabiatta freeing the ring slot(and the ammo if carb).
By duos 2013-02-13 04:20:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Great guide that I referenced to a friend who just started out ffxi and drk, I'm currently trying to help him collect atmas here and there and I would like to know what is the best combination for Non-relic/non-empy Res Drk ( If apoc was one of the three atmas i would like to know an alternative until we get him zone kills )
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-02-13 11:47:29
Link | Quote | Reply

duos said: »
Great guide that I referenced to a friend who just started out ffxi and drk, I'm currently trying to help him collect atmas here and there and I would like to know what is the best combination for Non-relic/non-empy Res Drk ( If apoc was one of the three atmas i would like to know an alternative until we get him zone kills )
any STR Atma he has should be good until he can get his hands on Voracious Violet. Razed Ruins is a must, but again, until then he can use any sort of crit hit rate/damage atma.

I would get more detailed, but since I don't know which atma he has, that's all I'm able to tell you.
By duos 2013-02-13 11:56:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replay,

I just got him RR atma today as his first atma, I don't mind hunting any atma for him in Abbysea.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-02-13 11:58:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Stout Arm from Bria, you need him as zone win anyway.
 Odin.Sheelay
Server: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2013-02-13 12:00:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Atma of the Voracious Violet: STR +50, Double Attack +5%, Regain 2TP/Tic
 Cerberus.Keyoku
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2013-02-13 12:03:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sobek's Gnarled Horn is a good one to have, too. Something like 50agi, 20% crit hit rate and... something else ^^;

Bukhis' Sanguine Scythe tho arguably a ton more annoying to get.
 Lakshmi.Nightscope
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Nightscope 2013-02-14 14:14:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorta new to DRK and was looking for advice on gear.

Currently i use this for TP:

And this for WS:

Right now i sub /sam and get a 6 hit. I am pretty sure i have no hopes of hitting a 5 hit unless i get some more gear. The only gear i can see myself getting that would even help is Phorcys Salade (3/5 on 80 NNI). I don't think i could ever get Murzim Corazza or Adaman Hauberk in the near future. Any somewhat easy gear i could get to hit a 5hit? I think i could get a 5hit with dervish sword if i get Ogier's Gauntlets but shouts for it are rare. I could grind for a rose strap but i have a feeling that would take me a month or two. I also own a Houyi's Gorget if it would help.

Also i am working on a Fulgurante (OAT) and was wondering how it compares to dervish sword? Am i wasting my time getting a fulgurante or is it one of the best choices besides relic? I also often see DRKs using the STR/ATTACK trial greatsword yet it doesn't seemed to be mention in the guide.
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2013-02-14 14:54:20
Link | Quote | Reply

WS in ele belt too, FTP transfers on each hit with resolution.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-16 02:38:20
Link | Quote | Reply

504 delay and you don't think you can't 5-hit despite having Phorcy's?

504 miss tolerant Reso:
41/38
43/33
45/26
46/20
48/17
49/15
50/10
53/0

Compare to 56/20 or 57/17 for 480 delay. You're most of the way there just by having Phorcy's legs.

Get Rose Strap and Houyi's Gorget on the set you show and you could pull off the 46/20, which you then only need to WS in Rose, Brutal, and be /SAM. Get Phorcy's head and you can TP with Mala and Bomblet, or go /WAR and WS in Rose, Rajas, Brutal for the 50/10.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2013-02-16 03:04:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightscope said: »
Also i am working on a Fulgurante (OAT) and was wondering how it compares to dervish sword? Am i wasting my time getting a fulgurante or is it one of the best choices besides relic? I also often see DRKs using the STR/ATTACK trial greatsword yet it doesn't seemed to be mention in the guide.
Fulgurante 99 will beat both Dervish Sword and STR/ATT Greatsword from WS frequency alone, pretty much. Every other round or so you'll be attacking twice, increasing your output by roughly 25~40%.

STR/ATT Magian only really adds STR and ATT, plus it's funky to x-hit properly. As it is you should already be stacked to the core on STR and ATT through gear and JAs anyway. Regardless, I may add that to the weapons list.

Even when you find yourself getting a Ragnarok, the Fulgurante is still a useful procing weapon to have. I would say you're using your time wisely!
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-02-16 23:39:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty new to DRK so figuring out gearsets and such. Question regarding Dread Spikes HP+ gear actually work increasing the hp drained?

On bgwiki i find
"Drains a maximum of 50% of your max HP without enhancing equipment"
 Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial
user: Xaxial
By Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial 2013-02-17 18:42:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Been using this guide to build up dark magic sets and PDT/MDT sets. Super useful but some items are quite expensive. For example, flume belt. I see how that is super awesome for PDT, but since i am a poor *** wouldnt Nierenshutz be an acceptable alternative to the flume belt?

Nierenshutz has Damage Taken -3%
Flume Belt has PDT -4%
 Asura.Lokimaru
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-02-17 18:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »
Been using this guide to build up dark magic sets and PDT/MDT sets. Super useful but some items are quite expensive. For example, flume belt. I see how that is super awesome for PDT, but since i am a poor *** wouldnt Nierenshutz be an acceptable alternative to the flume belt?

Flume Belt has PDT -4%
In the interest of space, hell yes
[+]
By Kyler 2013-02-17 19:44:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul said: »
Pretty new to DRK so figuring out gearsets and such. Question regarding Dread Spikes HP+ gear actually work increasing the hp drained?

On bgwiki i find
"Drains a maximum of 50% of your max HP without enhancing equipment"

As in total HP drained yes. HP drained per hit is based more on mob level and resistances to darkness.
 Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul
user: Landsoul
By Quetzalcoatl.Landsoul 2013-02-17 22:08:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Xaxial said: »

Flume Belt has PDT -4%
If you can cap in gear for MDT + Shell5 I would suggest Carrier's Sash or Resolute Belt (MDB+2) as belt.
 Lakshmi.Nightscope
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Nightscope 2013-02-18 01:06:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Quetzacoatl said: »
Fulgurante 99 will beat both Dervish Sword and STR/ATT Greatsword from WS frequency alone, pretty much. Every other round or so you'll be attacking twice, increasing your output by roughly 25~40%.

STR/ATT Magian only really adds STR and ATT, plus it's funky to x-hit properly. As it is you should already be stacked to the core on STR and ATT through gear and JAs anyway. Regardless, I may add that to the weapons list.

Even when you find yourself getting a Ragnarok, the Fulgurante is still a useful procing weapon to have. I would say you're using your time wisely!

That is good to know. I currently just got all my stingers, mikey rocks, daybreak soul, increscent shades, riftgrass, and silver mirrors. So all i need is those crab shells. If only getting those crab shells from blue abyssite wasn't such a pain. Tempted to shout for pops for 200k... lol

Out of curiosity if this greatsword is so good from spaming ws how much does Ragnarok truly push ahead dps wise? I assume the ACC/Crit alone makes it truly amazing but was just curious if you can ws so much faster how it can't beat the 99 relic.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2013-02-19 05:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Nightscope said: »
Out of curiosity if this greatsword is so good from spaming ws how much does Ragnarok truly push ahead dps wise? I assume the ACC/Crit alone makes it truly amazing but was just curious if you can ws so much faster how it can't beat the 99 relic.
With top-end sets and maximum buffs, Rag is ahead by a few percent just by raw base damage and crit rate. OAT shouldn't be afraid to break out Pizza or Sushi though, because the 5-hit set runs a lot of attack which gets multiplied by buffs, so the accuracy is less relevant.

OAT is underrated because people do stupid things with it on spreadsheets, like stack DA or keep eating RCB while their accuracy tanks. A perfect OAT set is completely, vastly, different from a Rag set.

Gearing being so different between them is a matter of cycle time (read: swings and a WS) reduction. Because OAT is running a high DA rate and has higher delay to put 5-hitting on the table, that's the way to go to get the best reduction in cycle time. On the other hand, Rag gets more damage out of TP phase and adding multihit gear (DA/TA/QA) is more effective to achieve some cycle reduction as well, plus dropping from 7-hit to 6-hit isn't as large a fraction as 6- to 5-.

Problem lies in how much cycle reduction is available per event too, like Miser's+Discipline in VW. A full stack of Save TP shaves two or even three hits for a Rag, but can be saving only one or two hits for an OAT. Meanwhile having a faster cycle rate to start means the static 2 second delay to WS is most of what's slowing you down if you try to go faster, so having a stupid vanilla weapon is a benefit against OAT and this is why so see ***like lolHoarfrost putting up big numbers (as anything can when the moron leader puts the OAT in second string).

That's what I really hate about VW. It buffs gimps way more than it buffs intelligent well-geared people.

Fodder, Lowman, Nominal Haste? Post Embrava nerf? OAT and Rag are gonna be fairly interchangeable, they just use very different setups (classical hitbuilding vs. DA/TA/QA whoring). If you try to run a Rag set on Fulg, you're gonna have a bad time (like ending up 7-hit on 480 delay, I want to stab these people.)

tl;dr Rag doesn't win by much at the top end against someone doinitrite with OAT.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 206 207 208