Shockwave Adjustment
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-12 10:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

To those reading this post
on the OFC forums, and did not get that it was intended as a tongue-in-cheek poke at my displeasure with those forums in general, my apologies.

I was particularly irritated at the stupidity of someone who chose a class being butthurt at the stats this far down the FFXI road (esp with plasticsurgeon existing) and told my friends I was going to make a joke post for a rise.

@Ophannus and Raelia in particular: Sorry for not responding to you guys. I was getting a LOT of messages from people who thought I was genuinely serious and I didn't want to bump it for that.

I WOULDN'T MIND if they adjusted all "older" weaponskills to give them some semblance of validity. The sad part is that instead of actually evaluting mythic/relic weaponskills they just gave them a "across the board" damage increase. While that's *** GREAT for apoc users, it really did no good if you were considering a vajra.

If we cant get them to re-evaluate the stats of 30 weaponskills they're NEVER going to look at all of them.

Still it was funny to me. Knowing my luck the dev team will "cheese sandwich" this fix as an FU for the post.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-12 11:01:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty funny Ashman lol. And hey if nothing else, it made the BG guys test Pinecone Bomb to make sure it was dark-based sleep.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2012-12-12 11:01:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I only freaked out at first because of the title "Great Sword Weaponskill Adjustment," and the fact that Resolution is perhaps the best GS WS to ever come along in years

But then I lol'd when it was about Shockwave
[+]
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2012-12-12 11:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Get them to fix ageha while they're at it.
[+]
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-12 18:43:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a long bout of 'Not sure if trolling' with that thread, so packed and shipped a canned answer to it.

I would like Shockwave to be a tad reliable though, or Spinning Slash to be upped to par or better with Fell Cleave. Would be super handy in NNI and crap where you train a bunch of fodder to kill a certain target and just want them off you for a few seconds.

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Pretty funny Ashman lol. And hey if nothing else, it made the BG guys test Pinecone Bomb to make sure it was dark-based sleep.

That part was gold.
[+]
 Siren.Hyabusa
Server: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-12-12 22:47:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm running into a packed room on our next NNI run and using Shockwave just because I don't think I've ever used it outside of VW procs.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-12-13 06:43:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol, it all started because of NARB joking that it was overpowered. I've been using it a lot lately when were just farting around.

The other day it slept 2 wamouracampa out of 8 in salvage (zhay 1 floor) and it was like ....... mass hysteria.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-12-13 06:43:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Which one of those gimp *** put that pinecone bomb note on shittywiki
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-12-13 08:53:29
Link | Quote | Reply

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Shockwave
Shockwave would be sweet if it actually landed on the real servers.
By Ophannus 2013-01-10 23:21:08
Link | Quote | Reply

It lands decently though not always I suppose, I think that was intentional so as to not encroach upon mages. Debuffs on weapon skills are supposed to be small boons not the main intent of the WS I think, though there are exceptions.When I was skilling GS on dozens of mandies and spamming Shockwave it definitely does land but perhaps ~15% or so. Seems low but then again I think SE wanted players to rely on mages for debuffs and not melee at the time this WS was released. Similar to how BRDs and Mages can melee for poor damage, melee can debuff albeit poorly with various WS but the accuracy/duration vs cost/damage is weighed in favor of "don't even bother unless you're solo or out of options"
 Sylph.Traxus
Server: Sylph
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2013-01-11 11:44:11
Link | Quote | Reply

It used to land fairly reliably at 75 thou, so either it was intentionally nerfed at some point, or it's broken in the same way the ageha/tourbillion/etc. are.