Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Areion boots
Areion boots
 Fenrir.Jeville
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Jeville
By Fenrir.Jeville 2012-12-09 18:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't imagine the lot of you have a pair, but to those who do, are they any good? Its latent is activated by getting hit. I've only seen one comment mentioned how often it procs, said to be pretty high even on too weak mobs (tested naked). I'd like to hear about this from more of you before I consider converting my strider's and lose the old-school feel.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Eugene
Server: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-12-09 18:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any fights left where things are kited? lol
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-09 18:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Are there any fights left where things are kited? lol

I don't think that kiting is done by thf or rng.
By Jeville 2012-12-09 18:34:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Two instances I'm thinking of:

1. To avoid a mob that's a waste of time to kill when one aggros you, you are bounded to get hit since even running with +12% movement speed it's going to take a bit before you get out of their range (and you'd have to outrun at an even greater distance to avoid 'event skipped' in some places where that would be an issue). But since this isn't a common incident, you're likely to have Flee available so this is more of a benefit for RNGs.

2. For generally running to places quicker when there are any mobs presented. You'll get hit sooner if you gather them (and since evasion caps at 80%), easier to exploit if they aggro and/or link.

Yeah so it's really just to save time, just need the idea of how much that depends on how often it procs. It can be utilized with a Chicken Knife when a mob takes too long so there's that thought too.
 Quetzalcoatl.Harmless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Ollette07
By Quetzalcoatl.Harmless 2012-12-21 14:21:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I had a pair made specifically for using in Neo Nyzul on my RNG mule. Since RNG evades like a rock, they work quite nice in there. I would venture to say I get at least 1-2 flee procs per floor which is very helpful. Often times I aggro enemies on purpose while waiting for the other team to kill a spec 1 just so I have flee on the next floor. I would also agree with the sentiment that the proc rate is roughly 10%. The main jobs I have on my mule are THF, RNG, COR and DNC and I never really use them on THF at all. IMHO you'd be better off with Fajin Boots for thf.

As a warning to anyone considering using the above tactic in NNI, don't do it. While my RNG performs exceptionally well in there, I only use it out of necessity and I have invested a boat load of gil into it just to stay on par with most cookie cutter DD's (Gandiva, Armageddon, Kraken Club, Aerion Boots and arrows/bullets that cost 400k & 1.8M per stack of pouches/quivers. It's really not worth it.
[+]
By Aeyela 2012-12-21 14:23:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Good for running away from Odin when you pull hate and MPKing all of your mages!