Fulgurante - TP Sets.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Fulgurante - TP sets.
Fulgurante - TP sets.
 Cerberus.Kylos
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:24:46
Link | Quote | Reply

This better?

[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 16:25:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Ruvion said: »
I just would like to question an age old debate. Going back to the soboro sam days, I was told that an OaT weapon can't double attack. Yet I see alot of sets with double, triple and even quadruple attack gear. A weapon like this is going to swing like crazy anyway so why not replace those DA/TA/QA items with more useful items?

Like what exactly? You're speaking entirely too vague without giving slots/"better" options.
 Odin.Inia
user: Inia
By Odin.Inia 2012-12-07 16:26:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't buy the fracas grenade. Take your pet of choice, have a stack of pet food and some dawn mulsums, and go solo the KC30 that drops it. It's called the Pahlborough Project. Also soloable on SMN using Ifrit or Leviathan (I prefer Ifrit). Also drops Fervor Ring, which is used by SMNs - not nearly as valuable as the Grenade on Odin, but still more than pays for food.

EDIT: Do NOT melee with your pet on this fight. Stay near 30' and if you see any TP move but Berserk, get to at least 35 and be prepared to Reward/Mulsum your pet.
[+]
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2012-12-07 16:26:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Diabolos.Raelia said: »
You shouldn't really be in Enif. You should go to Pizza on hard targets before needing a raw accuracy body, and Aggressor+DE should easily put you over the top.

How about legion mobs wave2+ for e.g.?

Also what do you think would be the ideal OAT embrava set?
 Asura.Hotsoups
Server: Asura
user: Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 16:26:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kylos said: »
This better?

Mmm looks like a pretty sexy Reso set to me.

It's even got the Brutal on the Right side!
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:28:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Considering its a set with no Voidwatch/Limbus/NNI/Abjuration gear, I thought the same thing :)
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:29:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Inia said: »
Don't buy the fracas grenade. Take your pet of choice, have a stack of pet food and some dawn mulsums, and go solo the KC30 that drops it. It's called the Pahlborough Project. Also soloable on SMN using Ifrit or Leviathan (I prefer Ifrit). Also drops Fervor Ring, which is used by SMNs - not nearly as valuable as the Grenade on Odin, but still more than pays for food.

EDIT: Do NOT melee with your pet on this fight. Stay near 30' and if you see any TP move but Berserk, get to at least 35 and be prepared to Reward/Mulsum your pet.

I will put that on the list and not waste my money. Thanks!
 Odin.Inia
user: Inia
By Odin.Inia 2012-12-07 16:29:14
Link | Quote | Reply

More experienced DRKs can correct me if I'm wrong, but you are probably better off using STR/ATT pieces for neck/waist over Soil.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 16:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

More experienced DRKs can correct me if I'm wrong, but you are probably better off using STR/ATT pieces for neck/waist over Soil.
[-]
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:31:21
Link | Quote | Reply

I will correct you on this one Inia. Soil is the dogs bollocks for Resolution. :)
[+]
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 16:32:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I will correct you on this one Inia. Soil is the dogs bollocks for Resolution. :)

The Bee's Knees.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:36:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Really appreciate the quick feedback here. Hopefully it will help others who go down a similar path :)
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 16:37:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah I believe this is one of those "fTP carries over to all hits", so yeah certainly the gorget/belt would be tops.
[+]
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:43:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I still did not hear an answer to this question.

Back in the 75 days, we used to have a combination of HP and haste to make Souleater/Blood Weapon do more damage in an all out zerg situation.

Do people still do that? I have almost finished my Abyss Cuirass +2 trial to get Enhance Blood Weapon effect, so anything to capitalize on that benefit using this Great Sword would be great to know.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-12-07 16:46:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes I still did not hear an answer to this question.

Back in the 75 days, we used to have a combination of HP and haste to make Souleater/Blood Weapon do more damage in an all out zerg situation.

Do people still do that? I have almost finished my Abyss Cuirass +2 trial to get Enhance Blood Weapon effect, so anything to capitalize on that benefit using this Great Sword would be great to know.

Short answer is no.
 Cerberus.Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2012-12-07 16:46:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw. The old school DRK in me cries, whereas the laziness in me loves the fact I don't need to hunt for HP gear :)

So what do people wear now during Blood Weapon? Just their standard store tp set???
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-12-07 17:27:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Aw. The old school DRK in me cries, whereas the laziness in me loves the fact I don't need to hunt for HP gear :)

So what do people wear now during Blood Weapon? Just their standard store tp set???

People don't use blood weapon.
 Asura.Hotsoups
By Asura.Hotsoups 2012-12-07 17:30:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

I use Blood Weapon. >_>
 Diabolos.Raelia
Server: Diabolos
user: Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-07 17:45:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I use Blood Weapon... then promptly remember that I'm the second attempt COR for resetting our SCHs after NNI >.<
[+]
 Siren.Hyabusa
Server: Siren
user: Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-12-08 12:07:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Rae, I'm getting tired of having to zombie the *** diremite in {Aby Ule} to get the SCH's back in fighting condition. One of us needs to get 100 moblin marbles.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
Server: Ragnarok
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-08 12:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

This better?
looks pretty solid, only change id consider (based on content) is http://ffxi.gamerescape.com/wiki/Heafoc_Mitts

if you use falcorr, you should be able to go naked, and not use more than 2 pet food zetas. sit back 40 away and only run in to cure if needed, with alittle -dt gear for my pet ive cleared it without any pet food at all, 1/1 on fracas grenade
Cerberus.Detzu said: »

lol

the changes to souleater make it more practical to treat it as a normal buff, do what you can to ws faster and just push like you do normally. blood weapon still has limited uses, but is mainly drk's "o ***" button if done right

edit: sorry forgot, they nerfed souleater zergs a long time ago, shortly after the first AV clears @75 using a ton of k club drks
now nms build or have a natural resistance to souleater
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-12-08 12:28:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Also in an effort to contribute something, these are the set's I've been tooling around. Please correct the ***out of me, I often use ffxi calculator whilst hella drunk.

/SAM TP (I think I'm 5 hitting)

/WAR TP (I think this gets 6 hit)

Reso set (Swap Rose/Pole depending on SJ)
I know I'm being cheap here but I'm saving up cash for Adaberk or Murzim.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-12-08 12:43:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Also in an effort to contribute something, these are the set's I've been tooling around. Please correct the ***out of me, I often use ffxi calculator whilst hella drunk.

/SAM TP (I think I'm 5 hitting)

/WAR TP (I think this gets 6 hit)

Reso set (Swap Rose/Pole depending on SJ)
I know I'm being cheap here but I'm saving up cash for Adaberk or Murzim.
not planning to break out the calc atm, but you may/should be able to put on ganesha's mala and throw on hagenia stone to keep your xhit, unless youre severely lacking acc

assuming you have full phorcys, your /war set would be better off using that ace's mail, throw on af3+2 head, and add in phorcys feet and again, ganesha's mala (plenty of other places to get that stp back if you needed it)

and as for your ws set, just look at the other guy's set, exception being you have phorcys gear (id default to phorcys mitts aswell if you have them)

edit: wait just an fyi 2x pyrosouls will be better for drk than picking up the 6str 3atk ring due to drk easily capping attack in most content, that 3 attack is wasted especially when youre losing str on a 100% str mod ws on 5 hits (exception being if you need rajas for xhit purposes)
 Siren.Hyabusa
By Siren.Hyabusa 2012-12-08 13:32:45
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have Porky's Head/Body/Legs atm and Rehic +3 feet. Mala...eludes me to say the least lol.
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-12-10 00:40:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm building OaT ATM ... My set had 34 stp/26% haste ATM for tp set. I coulda swore I read a past thread and the 34, possibly a lil less with /Sam was good for 5 hit though. Is that false? I'm not great at the FF math. I could bump it up with rose strap and houyi if needed.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-10 18:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
I'm building OaT ATM ... My set had 34 stp/26% haste ATM for tp set. I coulda swore I read a past thread and the 34, possibly a lil less with /Sam was good for 5 hit though. Is that false? I'm not great at the FF math. I could bump it up with rose strap and houyi if needed.
I'll assume the 34 is without /SAM:
Diabolos.Raelia said: »
56/20 and 57/17 are your STP targets for 5-hit.
Add Rose Strap and Houyis. 34+4+3+15 = 56, WS in +20 (Rose, Brutal, /SAM)
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-12-10 18:10:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cool, I can swap that in mix. Ty
 Diabolos.Yugl
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2012-12-10 18:11:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Hyabusa said: »
Rae, I'm getting tired of having to zombie the *** diremite in {Aby Ule} to get the SCH's back in fighting condition. One of us needs to get 100 moblin marbles.

Your server should have someone selling the 2hr maze if you check Duplidox.
 Diabolos.Raelia
By Diabolos.Raelia 2012-12-10 19:12:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Aha, thanks for the tip.

Still gotta get cc for everyone though.