Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Bonecraft » Boneworker's Torque
Boneworker's Torque
 Asura.Ekotren
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Awsome
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-29 21:03:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Someone was telling me the Rare/Ex items such as these only drop from the 6 chance chests not 5 chance chests. Any truth to this? I've been opening both for the last 12 hours nothing yet; prowess only @3 after 12hours of farming FML
 Phoenix.Suji
Server: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-11-30 00:39:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know the answer to your question but I'll share a story about that *** torque. Hopefully it will be at least as much entertaining as it as an emo rant.

So I had spent about 3 signets worth of hours farming it, a lot of hours, without getting it. Then I gave up for months because it was so ***.

Then while I was building my mule, I decided to go back to farming it and powerlevel him via GoV there (got his WHM from 48 to ~65). I still didn't get the torque during that time. Then I got his SCH from 10 to 44 or so, still tons more time trying to get that freakin torque. And this is where the ridiculousness begins...

A brown box popped. Mule is /following me. I go to open the box and a I solve it down to just 1 number left when my mule takes aggro. So I am forced to deal with the aggro because he's so low level that he dies quickly. I kill off the bee that aggro'd him and then begin to open the box again but there's still a tonberry and another bee nearby-- I'm starting to worry that the box is going to time out.

I manage to enter the final number and open it to reveal a Boneworker's Torque. Heart exploded and just as I went to take it out, I get aggro by the tonberry and he interrupts me. Raging begins.

I was on THF so I spun the tonberry around to face the other direction and used Hide since I only really needed a moment to get the torque out of the box. So I rushed over to the box and the moment the tonberry is active again, he faces me and interrupts me again. what the ***.

So then I realize I have to kill this thing. I begin killing it. Note: I fought a million tonberries and for hours I saw not a single TP move since my THF does pretty good damage and kills them before they can TP. The tonberry gets to around 30% and then the aforementioned bee also aggros me. I decided to save my TP so I can kill the bee quickly, since I was getting increasingly worried that the box is going to time out.

I'm a rancor collar user; have been for a long time. Tonberry gets close to 5% and hit's me with a 5k+ grudge which obviously one-shots me. Now I'm really freaking out. At this point, the nearby bee also kills my mule. I decide that, hey, I'm an evasive THF, and I have TP, I should be able to get up and healing waltz myself before this bee will re-aggro and kill me.

I get up. The bee swings once with 100% accuracy and kills me again and I got the angriest at this game that I've ever been. I figured that I might as well try to get it on my mule, now that the bee was facing the other way again. So I get up on my mule and get it.. awesome.

In the moment, it's hard to think super clearly when all this ***is hitting the fan. There were a couple things I could have done to get it out successfully but I didn't predict that chain of ridiculous could ever happen.

Anyway, I rampaged around the Temple for another 6 hours that night and finally got it on my main.

Short verison: when it comes to Boneworker's Torque, I feel your pain.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Server: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2012-11-30 00:43:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ekotren said: »
Someone was telling me the Rare/Ex items such as these only drop from the 6 chance chests not 5 chance chests. Any truth to this? I've been opening both for the last 12 hours nothing yet; prowess only @3 after 12hours of farming FML

someone is mistaken and spreading misinformation.
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-30 09:12:20
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info guys.

Update: Still there Prowess is at 4.... mule's prowess of course is at 5 but he's lvl 47 FML
 Carbuncle.Sambb
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sambb
By Carbuncle.Sambb 2012-11-30 09:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Pretty sure mine came from a 5 guess chest but I was in there a solid 2 days and highest TH bonus I ever got was 2 in all the pages I did.... be prepared to wait for this arsehole.... it takes some real time.
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-30 10:29:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the info Sambb; Anyone have trouble getting 4-5 prowess upgrade for casket? Been here a day no change since. And the last 10-20 pages i've done hasn't given me any prowess at all. I'm wondering if i'm doing something wrong.
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-11-30 10:36:18
Link | Quote | Reply

These are my current prowess's I'm doing page 4 in temple which is 3 bees, 3 tons.

Killer effect 2
WS dmg 5
Cure potency 5
Att and Ratt 11
Macc and Matt 10
Acc and Racc 11
HP and MP 7
Attack Speed 4
TH 3
Crystal yield 5
Combat and Magic Skill Gain 6
Casket Discovery 4 Q.Q
 Asura.Ekotren
By Asura.Ekotren 2012-12-01 16:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Finally got it, took 4 days. Found it inside a 6 combination box.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
By Quil 2013-01-03 16:15:49
Link | Quote | Reply

>.> i got this a few days ago in 15th chest i opened 6 combo chest
By Quil 2013-01-03 16:16:02
Link | Quote | Reply

opps on necro
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [123 days between previous and next post]
 Bahamut.Bekisa
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Bekisa 2013-05-07 01:42:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Super necro inc but worth it :P Here's a screenshot to debunk the "5+" rumor. The first chest I saw a few minutes after entering, no chest prowess, and I don't even need it.

[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [703 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Frankbrodie
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Frankbrodie 2015-04-10 09:03:34
Link | Quote | Reply

That is fantastic lol. I've never seen 2 torques in the same chest.

After about 4 months of no casket powers on Phoenix it was in last week. And I managed all the 4 torques I was missing in that time.

I did them in the order I most needed them. So Boneworkers was first. Mule was still in the low 70's, so needed it most.
Bit of a pain. Capped merits once on page and abandoned ship with only level 1 chest effect in.
Came back and got it after about 3 hours all told with chest level 2 iirc.

Tanners Torque took me nearer 2 hours with chests at level 2 again I think.

Woodworkers after needing it for ages to level my wood mule I got it in an hour at the tree. Chest level 1.
She's level 100 wood now so I don't even need the stupid thing any more really. :p

My main cooking is 106 so I left the Culinarians torque for last.
Probably 6+ hours eventually. I was really lucky to get up to chest level 3 in the first hour spamming a few different pages.
Then just went walkabouts on my BST up and down the main tunnel whirl claw 1-shotting anything and everything in singles or groups.
Brown chests were sporadic but acceptable. Went 15+ mobs sometimes without a drop. But just as often got 3/5 or something as useful.
Eventually found the torque a couple of hours before powers ran out. I'd been logging out in the tunnel for 3 real life days by then lol. Just logging on for an hour at a time to not annoy myself too much.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [350 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Pinkie
Server: Ragnarok
user: Pinkie
By Ragnarok.Pinkie 2016-03-25 17:49:11
Link | Quote | Reply

what was pos on this?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-25 18:25:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Pinkie said: »
what was pos on this?
You mean the area you get it? Temple of Uggalepih.
 Bismarck.Speedyjim
Server: Bismarck
user: speedyjim
By Bismarck.Speedyjim 2016-03-25 18:34:18
Link | Quote | Reply

He might mean where in the Temple is best for page 4 GoV farming.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
Server: Cerberus
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2016-03-25 19:32:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Uhh when I did it, it was the entrance in Yhoator Jungle near the outpost.