Seeing Blood-red (Scholar's Mortarboard Quest & BCNM)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Seeing Blood-red (Scholar's Mortarboard quest & BCNM)
Seeing Blood-red (Scholar's Mortarboard quest & BCNM)
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-08 00:41:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Just looking for some info on this BCNM.

Doesn't look too bad, just curious if, when Ulbrecht uses Manifestation if that makes the spell behave like an -aga, and thus drop shadows completely on everyone, or if it just makes the single target spell land on everyone, and thus get absorbed by Utsusemi.

I'll be doing the fight as 75 DNC, and I've got my 75 THF buddy that'll be helping me (if not other LS members as well HINT HINT), but just didn't know how the spells behave. If shadows eat them it'll be a joke, if not, it'll be a little trickier obviously.

I haven't done any of the AF yet, but will prolly be dinging 50 tomorrow and am gonna try to get this banged out ASAP, so any advice is awesome. Thanks ^^
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-06-08 02:12:36
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

beat him with a shovel he will never see it coming!!!

tbh when i did this for my bros gf it was pld, sam, rdm

he wasn't hard but not a push over either but my tip would be to have a good healer and your good

btw dont count on interrupting his casting lol
 Gilgamesh.Tallulah
Server: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Tallulah 2009-06-08 04:26:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
His Stratagems are stronger versions of players' Stratagems. Alacrity will make his spells instant cast, Manifestation will make all of his spells Area of Effect, and Ebullience will significantly boost his elemental and healing spells.

I did this on smn and it was very easy. He is not very difficult I don't think especially at 75. If you're gonna melee then I would just focus on doing as much dmg as you can in a short about of time as he can heal himself and make his spells AOE. There are some vidoes on youtube of this fight if you want to check them out as well.

[e]Hmm, after watching some of those videos looks a bit harder than I remember. I remember it being very easy and Garuda having no problems soroing him. I didn't run out of mp or nothing. ._.
I'd recommend bringing a healer after watching the vids. Shell 4-5 would help, too.
 Phoenix.Amael
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Amael 2009-06-08 06:29:09
Link | Quote | Reply

His Stratagems are what SE should'va put on merits!
Yes when he uses Manifestation all his BLM spells are exactly like their -ga counterparts, so shadows will dissapear. With a PT of 5 75 its easy if you kill him as fast as you can.

I would'va love SE to have upgraded Manifestation to use also Elemental Magic. Merits like altruism are a Joke.
 Midgardsormr.Corwen
Server: Midgardsormr
user: Corwen
By Midgardsormr.Corwen 2009-06-08 06:46:05
Link | Quote | Reply

As mentioned above, his AoE stratagems will cause spells to strip shadows + damage you. I personally had no issue duoing this as MNK75/NIN and an SCH around 58. His melee attacks are fairly weak (40-60ish to MNK75 if I remember correctly) so the spells are the main thing to worry about.

It might actually be easier to solo it on DNC (although a longer fight) as opposed to adding the THF due to the fact that you'd only have yourself to cure after an AoE nuke rather than 2 people to keep alive.

Hope this helps. Good luck :)
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-06-08 08:51:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies everyone. Like I said, I'll be bringing my Thief friend with me, and hopefully I'll be able to talk my LS's 73 SAM, 75 RDM, and maybe 75 BRD and RNG into coming too. Given that mob of peeps...we'll crush him like a worm ^^

Corwen said:
It might actually be easier to solo it on DNC (although a longer fight) as opposed to adding the THF due to the fact that you'd only have yourself to cure after an AoE nuke rather than 2 people to keep alive.

I thought about that, I saw that he was solo'd by a DNC, but it looks like they kept timing out, and that's my biggest concern, since he has a ton of HP and it's timed. I don't wanna have to do this over and over again, I just wanna get it done lol
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh
user: Urial
By Ramuh.Urial 2009-06-08 09:12:25
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:

Argute Gown: O

Psh that thing drops more often than Krissy's pants ive had 3 of them lol
 Ramuh.Urial
Server: Ramuh