Tier IV On Pudds?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Tier IV on Pudds?
Tier IV on Pudds?
First Page 2
 Asura.Kuji
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Kuji88
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 10:03:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Why do I see 6/6 parties of BLMs IVing all their puddings?
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 10:15:28
Link | Quote | Reply

What problem do you have with that again?
 Shiva.Generalramuh
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Generalramuh 2009-06-07 10:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

because doing 1250-1400 damage tier IV for 170ish mp is a lot more efficient than doing 1500-1800 damage AM2 for 280ish mp
 Asura.Kuji
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 10:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

i should said more than that one smart *** sentence lol. Everyone should be casting tier III if you have 5-6 people is where im goin with this. It will kill a pudd for sure and save a ton of mp
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 10:27:34
Link | Quote | Reply

assuming everyone is right there... but really T3 isnt more efficient then T4 or not by much so you dont save a ton of mp you just spread it out.
 Asura.Kuji
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 10:39:17
Link | Quote | Reply

well in my party right now were Tier IIIing and its workin out great we need more mobs. I would say split into two groups of 3 (another thing i think everyone should start trying more) but we have a lvl 71 right now. T4 is like 178 MP and T3 is 121 just if you were wonderin
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 10:47:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuji said:
well in my party right now were Tier IIIing and its workin out great we need more mobs. I would say split into two groups of 3 (another thing i think everyone should start trying more) but we have a lvl 71 right now. T4 is like 178 MP and T3 is 121 just if you were wonderin

The actual mp cost isnt the issue its the dmg/mp. You could throw 30 T1 at it for only 40mp!!!
 Cerberus.Savannah
Server: Cerberus
user: Savannah
By Cerberus.Savannah 2009-06-07 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
assuming everyone is right there... but really T3 isnt more efficient then T4 or not by much so you dont save a ton of mp you just spread it out.

yea um...i'm usually not there

>.>

<.<

hahaha
 Asura.Kuji
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 10:50:13
Link | Quote | Reply

well i mean one cast of Tier III from 5-6 people kills a pudd
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 10:57:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kuji said:
well i mean one cast of Tier III from 5-6 people kills a pudd

or 3-4 T4...
 Asura.Kuji
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 11:03:17
Link | Quote | Reply

im talkin full parties
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:07:24
Link | Quote | Reply

So am I
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Server: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-06-07 11:26:38
Link | Quote | Reply

3 groups of 2 BLM, near continuous chain.
2 groups of 3 BLM, near continuous chain.

Probably the better EXP from a manaburn PT. Then again, they could.. maybe.. be doing it for fun >_>
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-07 11:29:59
Link | Quote | Reply

if ur doing puddings in a pt its for the peen, if it was for exp and using mp smart u would be solo or duo.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:30:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Bungie said:
if ur doing puddings in a pt its for the peen, if it was for exp and using mp smart u would be solo or duo.

exactly

Idk I usually have a problem with keeping chain up to near continous more cause of respawn rates then mp issues. I only solo there cause of the near zero effort for crazy xp. Getting 760 chain 5 over and over is nice. If I had a full manaburn like 5blms 1rdm puller id go to the hill camp and aga3 burn wamouracampas 10 at a time lol.
 Kujata.Jennypoo
Server: Kujata
user: xial
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-07 11:37:37
Link | Quote | Reply

(talking first about IV vs AM2) I think also a big part of this is the native accuracy of level ONE / TWO AM2 vs Tier IV, the accuracy of Tier IV will be noticeably better, and (imo) remains better until said AM2 is near capped (level 4-5.) Since a lot of BLMs -dont- have capped merits, and use Zhaylom as a exp buffer refiller... that kinda explains to me why I see them choosing Tier IV over their crappy level 1 Freeze/Burst II.

BUT Tier III vs Tier IV in 6/6 party... seems like a (hey i can do more dmg than you!) type deal to me but i dunno.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:40:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I only have 1 merit in each AM2 and acc doesn't seem to be an issue the mp/dmg kinda is but really this thread was about the spamming of lolT3
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-07 11:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

please re-read my full post
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:41:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Jennypoo said:

I submitted before your edit... nice try though
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-07 11:42:30
Link | Quote | Reply

please excuse me for editing a post, I did not know it offended you.
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-07 11:43:39
Link | Quote | Reply

/rerail,
how efficient is the aga burn vs 10 campas compared to party-burning jellys? Just curious as i have never tried/heard of aga-burning wamouracampas.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Jennypoo said:
please excuse me for editing a post, I did not know it offended you.

Oh I have no problems with edits its the
Jennypoo said:

Kinda makes it sound like I just was being an *** and only picked and chose what I wanted to read
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:47:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Jennypoo said:
/rerail,
how efficient is the aga burn vs 10 campas compared to party-burning jellys? Just curious as i have never tried/heard of aga-burning wamouracampas.

Well I havent done it for awhile... but when I did it was insane. Go pull alot do 1.5-2 rounds of aga3 immediately go pull again. Pulls took me around 3-5 min I think and the far ones were already respawned by the time you got to them usually. I seem to remember a good 20-30k an hour but your puller needs to be pro in order to actually grab them survive and keep them actually following him. Not to mention your blms are near death after first round of nukes wouldnt do it with less the 4 blms and a rdm
 Kujata.Jennypoo
By Kujata.Jennypoo 2009-06-07 11:48:39
Link | Quote | Reply

thats very interesting, sounds similar to a Astral burn except down-sized a bit. I'll definitely have to give that a try
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-07 11:50:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah similar but much more dangerous lol. Watched plenty of groups wipe alot to it. Timing is very crucial to say the least.
 Asura.Kuji
By Asura.Kuji 2009-06-07 14:30:17
Link | Quote | Reply

im not gona be able to reply for a while just like when i last left this thread but where is this aga party your talking about for 20-30k an hour and when im solo/duo at pudd camp how much exp would be considered great per hour cuz im usually in the party setting?

Also the epeen thing doesnt go for me idc what i do in a pt really im talking about efficiency. Whats the best BLM meriting you can do iyo?
 Ramuh.Bekisa
By Ramuh.Bekisa 2009-06-07 14:53:43
Link | Quote | Reply

more than 2 blm with a brd/cor/rdm or 3 blm at one puddings camp is pointless ... can kill them faster than they respawn and maintain a constant chain provided the blm aren't epeen happy and blowing their MP on ga3's, AM2's and know how to use aspir/drain constantly
 Kujata.Argettio
user: Argettio
By Kujata.Argettio 2009-06-08 09:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

When I am meriting in a party on puddings in a party we always follow this pattern.

Chain to #3
Rest to full (with decent hMP you will be full before the chain timer)
Chain to #10-12 inc the Troll's pup(depending on soloers)
Rest to full and start again

Killing 7-9 (the second killings section) with 6 BLM will take ~80% of their MP.

Depending on how quickly I get to the mob (therefore how many people have started casting) I will cast either a tier IV, tier III, aspir/drain or nothing.

Depending on you gear it takes 3-4 Tier IV to kill, so if 2 people are already casting an tier IV will just cast a tier III (and make sure I am first to the next mob to use a IV).

Some people don't think, they just run to the mob and hit the whichever tier IV is ready. This can lead to massive overkill (Blizzard IV to remove 2% HP). That is a waste of MP, drain or even Bio II would be more suitable.

You could have the whole party cast Tier III all day long, but I find having 2-3 use Tier IV and the other cast tier III or find the next mob is quicker.

Also means you don't need gravity (often), as the mob is dead within 5 seconds of being aggroed.

@ those that say 3 BLM + BRD is all you need. Very true, I just need to find a brd willing to give up a TP party to come to Mount Z.
 Siren.Bungie
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Bungie 2009-06-08 10:02:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Bekisa said:
more than 2 blm with a brd/cor/rdm or 3 blm at one puddings camp is pointless

^

Jennypoo said:
(talking first about IV vs AM2) I think also a big part of this is the native accuracy of level ONE / TWO AM2 vs Tier IV, the accuracy of Tier IV will be noticeably better, and (imo) remains better until said AM2 is near capped (level 4-5.)

lol.. cute~

so you are saying the m acc of a tier4 and an AM2 are different depending on AM2 merits?

Argettio said:

@ those that say 3 BLM + BRD is all you need. Very true, I just need to find a brd willing to give up a TP party to come to Mount Z.

if ur blm has decent damage, solo is all u really need or 1-2 other blm, brd or rdm is just a bonus~

Kuji said:

Also the epeen thing doesnt go for me idc what i do in a pt really im talking about efficiency.

I was just asnwering ur initial question, you asked why ppl did un needed teir4's, i'll answer again. either cuz they are stupid blms or they just in the pt to e-peen compete. there are always those ppl in pts @ puddings who will comment on another persons big damage, this is most likely why most do it.
 Garuda.Antipika
Server: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-06-08 10:33:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
I only have 1 merit in each AM2 and acc doesn't seem to be an issue the mp/dmg kinda is but really this thread was about the spamming of lolT3

Jennypoo said:
(talking first about IV vs AM2) I think also a big part of this is the native accuracy of level ONE / TWO AM2 vs Tier IV, the accuracy of Tier IV will be noticeably better, and (imo) remains better until said AM2 is near capped (level 4-5.) Since a lot of BLMs -dont- have capped merits, and use Zhaylom as a exp buffer refiller... that kinda explains to me why I see them choosing Tier IV over their crappy level 1 Freeze/Burst II.

BUT Tier III vs Tier IV in 6/6 party... seems like a (hey i can do more dmg than you!) type deal to me but i dunno.

What the *** ? MaCC bonus only procs on MB lol... So w/e merits you have it wont change anything.
[+]
First Page 2