Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Hacked?
Hacked?
 Odin.Cindro
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-10-31 20:46:06
Link | Quote | Reply

So I went to log in today and my playonline password has been changed... on both of my accounts?? Has anyone else ever experienced this with their account/mule? If you see a Cindro walking around in the next 24 hours it's not me, and I encourage you all to question him.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2012-10-31 21:02:52
Link | Quote | Reply

I had my accounts hacked today too. However I was able to change back my passwords with the email address I registered my SE ID's with.

When I logged on, all of my characters were deleted. Every single one of them. The starting screen that shows the FFXI logo and expansions list only had "Create Character" as an option, lol.

I called SE and now all 3 are in line for recovery.
[+]
 Odin.Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-10-31 21:19:25
Link | Quote | Reply

After changing my PW, I can still get into the Square Enix Account Management via my browser, but still can't log into playonline. It was still giving me "incorrect password." On my SE account page, it shows my characters still active, but no names, so I assume they're deleted too. What next steps did you take to get them in line for recovery?? Looks like I'll need to do the same thing.lol ; ;
 Odin.Registry
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-31 21:22:55
Link | Quote | Reply

My character was deleted a while back, it's easy enough to get it restored, just search deleted character or something on their support page and either call the number or do the online chat support thing. Just takes quite a bit of time for the rollback if necessary.

I'd also be sure you have all of your account information and security questions ready so they can verify it's actually you.
[+]
 Odin.Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-10-31 21:25:03
Link | Quote | Reply

kk, lame... I hope whoever it was didn't drop anything. = = I'll have to call early tomorrow...
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-31 21:29:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Good luck :x...

I'd also recommend scanning your computer fully... like doing a complete start-up scan with a program like Avast. Just make sure there isn't a keylogger or something that you can fix since you obviously don't want it happening again.
 Quetzalcoatl.Scwall
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Scwall 2012-10-31 21:36:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Cindro said: »
After changing my PW, I can still get into the Square Enix Account Management via my browser, but still can't log into playonline. It was still giving me "incorrect password." On my SE account page, it shows my characters still active, but no names, so I assume they're deleted too. What next steps did you take to get them in line for recovery?? Looks like I'll need to do the same thing.lol ; ;

Under Account Information there's an option to let you change your POL password.

I had to call SE Support and tell them my characters had been compromised. They asked for the usual info; name, birth date, address and email. I was sent a game data recovery form to fill out and send back to them. The girl on the line said it could take anywhere from a week to a month to recover it...
 Bahamut.Meaikidou
Server: Bahamut
user: Meaikidou
By Bahamut.Meaikidou 2012-10-31 21:37:57
Link | Quote | Reply

if you just got deleted, it's an easy fix... if SE tells you that you have no save data, just keep sending in a request for character revival and eventually, an employee will take the time to find your character at the time of deletion

i was told my character didn't have save data in response to my first 5 or so requests for revival, then all of a sudden on my next request, i was told that my save data was retrieved...i didn't have a security token at the time of being hacked...

if hacker dropped any of your gear before deletion, it will be a slightly harder road to recovery, requiring getting a form notarized etc...

i did not have any gear dropped, just a few AH items taken(i just farmed them back), so i cannot give you advice on the notarizing stuff.

good luck.
 Odin.Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-10-31 21:56:08
Link | Quote | Reply

I just think it's really weird that they hack into our accounts just to delete the character... such a waste of time for everyone involved.
 Odin.Registry
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-31 22:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

You no longer have to get anything notarized... but it does take them 2 weeks to a couple months for a rollback.

Also you have to wait a few days from when the character was deleted otherwise they can't do it. I have no idea why, but they said they didn't have data to restore on the day I noticed my character was deleted, but they said to call back in a couple days and they would.

They also wouldn't have just hacked you to delete your character... unless someone really doesn't like you. Unless it was something on SE's end, my personal guess (it may just be because it happened to me) is that you got ***taken.

Either way, good luck... and I can't stress it enough, do a boot-scan asap.
By Mindinho 2012-11-01 13:30:56
Link | Quote | Reply

what's a boot scan?
 Phoenix.Valory
Server: Phoenix
user: rori
By Phoenix.Valory 2012-11-01 13:43:16
Link | Quote | Reply

boot scan would scan your boot sector (part of the harddrive that tells your computer where to find your operating system). If you get some kind of malicious software in your boot sector, then restoring your operating system won't do you any good because the boot sector would still be in tact.

Edit:
Get the security token, don't think of it as 10 dollars to protect you against SEs ineptitude, think of it as 10 dollars to gain up to 80 more inventory on all your characters!
[+]
 Asura.Werdxi
Server: Asura
user: drewxi
By Asura.Werdxi 2012-11-01 14:28:16
Link | Quote | Reply

did anybody here, who was hacked, have a security token?
 Odin.Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-11-01 18:27:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Character restored, token ordered... hopefully this won't happen again... SE was great and the restore took less than a few hours. Most of my gil items, and all of my gil were/are gone though.
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-01 18:41:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Now you'll be nicer to people right.
[+]
By Mindinho 2012-11-01 19:23:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Did you have a token on and did you notice anything different from the past couple of times you've tried to log on?
 Odin.Cindro
By Odin.Cindro 2012-11-01 19:35:28
Link | Quote | Reply

lol morg XD

no, I didnt have the token on, and the only thing that triggered me was that my POL password had been changed.
 Odin.Morgish
user: morgish
By Odin.Morgish 2012-11-01 19:55:20
Link | Quote | Reply

As derf would say you got some giller broders some where that dun stole yer account.
 Asura.Ganth
Server: Asura
user: Ganth
By Asura.Ganth 2012-11-01 20:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

I have not been hacked myself but a close friend of mine was, he had a security token, the people who hacked him called up SE and had it deactivated some how.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-11-01 21:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ganth said: »
I have not been hacked myself but a close friend of mine was, he had a security token, the people who hacked him called up SE and had it deactivated some how.

Sounds, like the issue of the ex or someone had his information... :/
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [35 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Rafaras
Server: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2012-12-06 10:16:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »
Asura.Ganth said: »

Sounds, like the issue of the ex or someone had his information... :/

I bet your friend has like 8565786657 relics right?
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-12-06 10:36:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Why necro this ***?
 Fenrir.Terminus
Server: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2012-12-06 10:41:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Why bump one "got hacked" thread when you can bump two?

I mean him, not you, haha.
[+]
 Bahamut.Camaroz
Server: Bahamut
user: camaroz
By Bahamut.Camaroz 2012-12-06 11:07:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
Why bump one "got hacked" thread when you can bump two?

I mean him, not you, haha.
[+]