Your most hated (H)NM in the entire game and why
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-06 07:00:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Was thinking back to my CoP days. Waiting a whole week for my CoP linkshell to gather; sometimes hours on end just for one or two people to show up (since they were the required jobs and/or had enough know-how), then proceed to the dungeon in an orderly fashion (yeah right). Once inside listen to LS leader(s) to get to a specific point (nope) and then fight the NM for the mission.
Truth to be told, I don't miss those moments much. But even when the parties were absolute garbage, there was something fun about it. It's a bit weird to explain.

And after that little monologue, have a wonderful CoP NM to think back to:

You're welcome~
 Quetzalcoatl.Waffless
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Waff
By Quetzalcoatl.Waffless 2014-04-06 08:26:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably Ullikummi before it was poppable, back when Byakko's Haidate were serious business and there were 150 people in the room to claim it, including rmt and claim bots.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2014-04-06 08:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »
Was thinking back to my CoP days. Waiting a whole week for my CoP linkshell to gather; sometimes hours on end just for one or two people to show up (since they were the required jobs and/or had enough know-how), then proceed to the dungeon in an orderly fashion (yeah right). Once inside listen to LS leader(s) to get to a specific point (nope) and then fight the NM for the mission.
Truth to be told, I don't miss those moments much. But even when the parties were absolute garbage, there was something fun about it. It's a bit weird to explain.

You're welcome~

I barely remember beating him post cap removal, but I believe it involved a sacrifice to pull the rest of the room.
 Asura.Ivykyori
Server: Asura
user: ivykyori
By Asura.Ivykyori 2014-04-06 09:38:53
Link | Quote | Reply

I have another one on this list:

Eff mimics in general, but this heifer wasn't letting me stay alive for nothing. Couldn't even move out of the damn way.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-04-06 11:34:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ivykyori said: »
I have another one on this list:

Eff mimics in general, but this heifer wasn't letting me stay alive for nothing. Couldn't even move out of the damn way.

I like them. They are always there to teach people that greed is one of the seven deadly sins.
By Ravenn42 2014-04-06 11:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Gameesh said: »

I was talking to my brother who has since quit the game because it was consuming his life as he put it lol.... We both agree that the best time we have had in this game was doing cop missions. For all the reasons you mentioned. COP was a pain in the arse, but it was so rewarding and getting my rajas ring was one of the biggest accomplishments I have had in a game. I never cared for HNM hunting since it was more about bots/luck than skill. But putting together a COP group and leading them 2 a clear felt good. The feeling that everyone in my group was saying HE'LL YA after a clear.

Nothing has the same value anymore.... we did 18 man yorica delve last night and we were 1/2 on the first run I started to realize that the nm wasn't hard at all. The problem was that some people just suck. Like the puller linking a ton of mobs and instead of dying like a man, drags them all to the mages. DD that full time the same gear. And players who don't listen to basic strategy. It's on easy mode now it's lazy mode.
[+]
 Alexander.Almostunsane
Server: Alexander
By Alexander.Almostunsane 2014-04-06 11:50:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Nue.
15~20% drop my ***. It took me 93 kills across 2 different characters, every time with TH1, to get this thing to drop. Morbolger was easier by miles, even when its respawn was 21-24 hours.
 Kujata.Daus
Server: Kujata
user: Daus
By Kujata.Daus 2014-04-06 12:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Id rather camp leaping lizzy another 21 times than do a sky hnm or ground king again.

That's being said I stopped playing when 80cap was released so im old school. leaping lizzy and vaplkurm emperor were cruel to me but i hated farming against other linkshells. Sky was the worse..screw 1000 byakko in a row and everybody dieing on the way there and building tp before we fight and me being the only mage not afk. Also screw fighting over despot and that golem dude. Also mega hate for 3 hours wasted on ground kings.

Otherwise I was redmage so mega FU to charby.

Also that one mamet fight and airship but then again the accomplishment for those felt good.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-13 10:50:15
Link | Quote | Reply

So I started on voidwatch recently (yup I'm late to the party; but it's how it is).

Yay a new enemy I never fought before!

*20 seconds later*

I hate that guy...
 Carbuncle.Arcksan
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pluton
By Carbuncle.Arcksan 2014-04-13 11:36:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Gameesh, good luck with Kalasutrax then :s
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-13 12:14:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Arcksan said: »
Gameesh, good luck with Kalasutrax then :s

Who...? ._.;

*wiki's*

Greeeeaaaat D:
 Lakshmi.Sparthosx
Server: Lakshmi
user: sparthosx
By Lakshmi.Sparthosx 2014-04-13 13:14:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Snoll Tzar.

My COP group was largely a mage heavy group depending on being able to chip down things with my friend Onimenokyo acting as the one person back in that day with enough jobs to reasonably change to suit the occasion.

And then we get to Snoll, a zerg battle in an era where zerging wasn't a thing. With a THF on board and 3 RDMs, the prospect of rushing this mob down before it exploded was an exercise in over 35 wipes + refarming salts.

Then SE goes on the record saying it wasn't tested before release........*headdesk*
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-13 16:07:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Sparthosx said: »
Snoll Tzar.

My COP group was largely a mage heavy group depending on being able to chip down things with my friend Onimenokyo acting as the one person back in that day with enough jobs to reasonably change to suit the occasion.

And then we get to Snoll, a zerg battle in an era where zerging wasn't a thing. With a THF on board and 3 RDMs, the prospect of rushing this mob down before it exploded was an exercise in over 35 wipes + refarming salts.

Then SE goes on the record saying it wasn't tested before release........*headdesk*

Almost forgot about the Snoll. My LS group won in 3 tries so I guess I should consider myself lucky.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Starkzz
By Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai 2014-04-13 16:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

You died to Hahava in 20 seconds? That's.....pretty bad, considering many, if not all jobs, can solo him at this point.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-04-13 16:45:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Pre-nerf. Fk you and your seemingly open-ended spawn window. Camped this NM for 43hrs+ before it popped, only to have a JP claim and not invite me, for the kill on the Armageddon magian trial.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-13 17:00:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Kenrusai said: »
You died to Hahava in 20 seconds? That's.....pretty bad, considering many, if not all jobs, can solo him at this point.

I never said I died ;)
He's just a real nuisance...
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-04-13 17:14:31
Link | Quote | Reply

UUUUUNNNNNNUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT
 Phoenix.Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-04-13 17:50:04
Link | Quote | Reply

But he looks so adorable =3
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2014-04-14 07:08:08
Link | Quote | Reply

HE IS BUT A DEVIL BEAST IN DISGUISE!

Days, weeks, months camping him. On and off, that subligar did not exist... Rabbit hides... widescan... crabs...

Unut.

Unut...
First Page 2 3 ... 10 11