What's Odin Like These Days?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » What's Odin like these days?
What's Odin like these days?
 Odin.Karusan
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2012-10-24 00:54:39
Link | Quote | Reply

It's been about 2 years since I last played so I've missed a lot of content but how is the game in general?

Do miss a lot of you guys :)
 Shiva.Viciousss
Server: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2012-10-24 01:46:41
Link | Quote | Reply

The downward trend continues, and the pace just picked up in the last few days.
 Lakshmi.Cortez
Server: Lakshmi
user: emerle
By Lakshmi.Cortez 2012-10-24 02:29:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes unfortunantly the "main" way to make gil is no longer available. The main way was turning cruor into gil via chocobo blinkers. Now that it is pretty pointless to do that (Blinkers used to NPC for like 530g, now they NPC for like 61g) it makes content like VW less apealling because you could do 6X Qilin and get like 120,000 cruor which was roughly 300,000g. Which if you think about it, is pretty good money considering the chance at Coruscanti and Heavy Metal Pouches along with the random logs/ingots you could NPC. Because of this, prices of heavy metal plates will go up by a considerable amount and the flip side of that is less people will be able to buy them because the cruor to gil conversion is essentially gone.

Now more people will look for alternatives way to make gil which, at the moment is Dynamis Currency and alexandrite (farming and fishing but not "everyone" can do either of those). Now since everyone and their mother will be doing dynamis to farm currency, the price of currency will decrease (probably like 500-1500g per piece) along with the average amount of currency you would get per run will decrease simply because of increased compitition, dynamis becomes less attractive and less profitable.

Sooooo, because of that, people will start doing salvage again just to make some gil. But with the cost of making a mythic at around 400-600mil depending on alexnadrite price on your server (12,000g-20,000g each and 30,000 alexandrite required) and the main source of gil gone (Cruor > GIL), less people will be able to come up with the gil to fund the mythic so demand will go down and supply goes up because more people doing salvage. And with those 2 combined means lower alexandrite prices which makes salvage, in the coming months, less appealing to do because you are required to take 3 people into salvage (yes you can bypass that by the "DC" method or taking in mules) on top of the low price and low demand of alexandrite, makes the gil earning potential minimal.

Now because of this, more people will start to turn to crafting/fishing/cooking. With increased supply and less demand, just like we have previously seen, this will cause a crash in prices and be less profitable for everyone.

However there is one bright light at the end of the tunnel. There are many people sitting on massive amounts of gil (200mil+)with "nothing" to do with. If the lower prices of dynamis currency and alexandrite make them decide its worth making another relic and/or mythic, this could stablize the imbalance because demand has gone up or stayed the same relatively. But this demand doesnt help with the overcamping issue in dynamis which, to me, is the main concern of farming dynamis.

If TL;DR, People with massive amounts of gil loved the last update because the cost of relics/mythics will go down a sizeable amount in the coming months. People with a decent amount of gil (10mil-100mil) will be able to get more bang for the buck off the AH but still, in all likely hood, wont be big spenders for the simple fact they have some gil, but not enough to throw away. The "poor" people in the game got it handed to them this update because of how relatively easy it was to turn cruor into gil and how easy it was to farm cruor, even though it was time consuming. It will be hard to earn gil for awhile until we all find that new cash cow to harvest.
[+]
 Asura.Shua
Server: Asura
user: Shua
By Asura.Shua 2012-10-24 03:11:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Cortez said: »
TL;DR,
+1 for you good sir.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2012-10-24 03:32:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't surprise me if Karu still had a pretty decent stash of alex left over anyway.

Karu, I started playing again about a month ago, got to 99, got all my spells and such, but it's *** tough for our timezone. There's really *** all happening if you don't speak Japanese. The two tarus are still playing, and they helped me a lot, but my main issue was voidwatch. Voidwatch is an alliance event, you need to work your way through a ***load of paths of NMs (info here) before you can join the shout groups for the NMs that people actually want and do, and for me, it was just too much effort to get done with the amount of people around (because everyone finished it ages ago, reminds me of people trying to get help with sea access before they lifted the level caps).

All the content you previously knew is easy as ***and can all be duo'd without too much hassle with the right jobs. Sky is semi-relevant again thanks to a new augment system, and the Kirin's Poles that you probably have on your character and each of your mules are actually worth selling.

There are new versions of Nyzul and Limbus which are actually hard (slash shitty luck based) from what I hear (haven't tried them yet) and a new version of salvage to come. Salvage is a joke to trio, drops are still as shitty as ever, but alexandrite prices are through the roof which makes it not quite so soul deadening.

Dynamis system has changed entirely, can enter once a day for free, it's an open zone, can sneak/invis past mobs making time extensions so easy they're practically free (I think 2 hours). The new stagger system is weird to me, but the mobs are a joke and your bst will ruin them even with your now outdated gear.

That's about all I can think of, haven't played for a few weeks now after starting back up, didn't intend on quitting again so soon, I just haven't gotten around to logging back in is all.
[+]
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2012-10-24 04:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Just activated my account and sitting through the "9 hours to update", more like 1% a minute though so should be done in another hour

I'm supposed to be studying for exams though so may not be on much over the next week, but after that will try put some time into getting my BST up to 99

If I see you on I'll hit you up
 Odin.Creaucent
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2012-10-24 05:22:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah its pretty much you have to be jp to join in the jp groups unless Zzzzzz is shouting as he isnt too bothered but i havent seen him shouting for a bit. There isnt much EU stuff going on either which is annoying so its mainly NA events.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-10-24 05:30:25
Link | Quote | Reply

You missed Letti getting her Mythic dagger Afterglow :P
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2012-10-24 05:38:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Ladyrikku said: »
You missed Letti getting her Mythic dagger Afterglow :P
Yeah because Letticia getting the best gear 30 seconds after it's released is news.
 Odin.Ladyrikku
user: LadyRikku
By Odin.Ladyrikku 2012-10-24 05:40:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Probly took her longer than 30s (1yrs+) but yeah she's one crazy bard lol.
 Odin.Karusan
By Odin.Karusan 2012-10-24 06:05:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll have to see if any of my JP friends are still playing and I can do things with

92% downloaded, look out Odin!! :D

Also Letti was probably not playing for 11 months of that :P