Forum » FFXI » General » Talking to JP dynamis shell leaders
Talking to JP dynamis shell leaders
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-06-03 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

So after a tremendous amount of effort and patient talking (took months), I have been able to get 6-10 shells to start using the scheduling system on ffxi-dynamis.de!! It took a while, but well worth the effort. Now if another shell shows up during our times, I can point them to the site, and problem solved. The number of conflicts has dropped dramatically (at least for our wed. runs)

However, that's only half the problem - for sat., I have to work with JP shells. I've been told they would rather just use /random when they run into conflicts to see who wins a zone. I know there is apprehension between JP and NA, especially when it comes to conflicts of this type, so I'm not sure the best way to approach the JP leaders & convince them to use the same scheduling system that has worked so well on the NA side.

Ideas? I've spoken to some JP through auto-translate, but I can't be nearly as persuasive with the language barriers. I do have a JP member in my shell that's fluent in both, but he's reluctant to approach the JP leaders, as they are long-standing members and he feels intimidated to take such an approach (I do understand his issue, I have had enough experience with the oriental cultures through my rl work to know the position I asked him to take). Regardless, I'm confident that such a scheduling system is better than /random on so many levels, and I continue to believe if I can properly convey that to a JP leader, they'd agree.

One of the biggest drawbacks, of course, of ffxi-dynamis.de is that there is no current JP translation/section of the site, so that isn't helping anything. I don't know if that's something worth tackling or not.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Server: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-06-03 20:16:27
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Here.
 Valefor.Mithano
Server: Valefor
user: mithano
By Valefor.Mithano 2009-06-03 22:45:16