Current Pet Onry Set, Need Suggestion.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » current pet onry set, need suggestion.
current pet onry set, need suggestion.
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-10-14 01:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

hello, as topic stated, I have been trying to figure out a better pet onry set.... I have also gone through some topics but I have been getting alot of hybrids/ruinator/TP/Reward set, nothing about augments.... hence the new topic and if someone can lead me to what I need to know please do, thank you! :D

this is what I am using:

Adaman is Haste+2, DEF+7
Mirke is Pet Accu and atk +15
Anwig is Haste +5 PDT-10%
both Astolfo is PDT
I also have Shepherd's Chain if I need to give PDT an extra boost if needed....

now, I know that I need to do an upgrade on Adaman to Armada (when I have the gil)
but for quick upgrade, would it be better if I use pet DA and atk+15 on the mirke better than the current augment? I have AF2+2 for call beast macro so at 99 pet shouldn't have much problem landing hits on anything fodder that a BST would farm?

also, is there anymore pet aug. gear augments (DA, PDT) I can get to max the potential of a pet?

Any input is greatly appreciated!

(Edit: I know there are some addon mission's gear award that you can get with key, but I have no idea what they are and what augments they have, or if it's even worth my time getting, so it would also be great if someone can some me some light T.T)

(Edit V2: camping for Spurrer Beret, yet no luck 0/120938501985LOL)

(Edit V3: I don't want to start a reply so I would just dump this question here, about Stout Servant, so I get native approx. -9% PDT without the AF3+2 Legs and 2% more with the pants? I'm dumb with math so I get about 48% roughly outside of aby max(with Shepherd's Chain)? If so I might get an STR Axe with Pet atk +22 for Aby o.O)
 Asura.Nanabi
Server: Asura
user: Nanabi
By Asura.Nanabi 2012-10-14 22:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

And this is one of the thing I was talking about:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item/13463/angels-ring

with Ebon Key's augment, look it up o.O
 Bahamut.Zangada
Server: Bahamut
user: zangada
By Bahamut.Zangada 2012-10-14 22:45:23
Link | Quote | Reply

I have 2 PDT and 1 MDB axe, body is attk and acc. The mini expansions have augmented earrings and rings which require u to farm keys and hope for a random item aug, i dont think its worth the headache. Unless ur going for a hybrid just use anwig.

As far as other pet axes go i dont see a real use for any others. Jugs are really strong, unelss u really want a hybrid set just do a meele set and a pet set.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [78 days between previous and next post]
 Siren.Riznobi
Server: Siren
user: riznobi
By Siren.Riznobi 2013-01-01 07:24:31
Link | Quote | Reply

The pet only set you have is very good! I find magic chews up my pet more than anything, so my astolfo's are are augmented with Pet magic defense bonus. My reward is @ 49 seconds so i dont use shepards chain/oneros cappa at all. I like the DA, and Acc my pet gains instead. I feel the added kill speed with this added damage makes me use the same amount of pet food, but the fight ends much faster.

My pet -physical damage taken axes are guichard's +3, just to clarify that i do use them as well, and not just pet MDB axes. If i'm engaged as well i usually dont swap out axes.

The rings are a waste of time. I tried for a long time to get them, it's something like .5% drop, and you can only do the run once a day.

When you augment the Monster Trousers +2, they give an amazing buff to pet when you 2hour: haste +10%. They only have to be equiped when you use familiar, then you can go back to the ferine legs for the +1 stout servent.

Monster gloves make your pet always come out at your level, without them at level 99 your pet will spawn between level 97-99, with the gloves the pet will always be 99. use them like the pants only need to be equiped when using call beast.

Skadi's Bazubands +1 give owner 4% haste, and pet 3% haste.

My pets stats:

-41% pet damage taken and a macro to give my pet roughly -41% pet MDT.
Haste is @ 27% w/familiar (17% without, 5% head, 5% waist, 4% feet, 3% hands)
+6% DA
+2% Crit
+15 attack
+17 accuracy

I guess to sum up, a nice reward set is very good to have too. I use pet food zeta almost exclusivly and it does high 1500 reward, if i equip my -pdt axes(which have 11 mnd each) I hit reward for mid 1600 outside of abyssea.
[+]