Square Enix Games....

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Square Enix games....
Square Enix games....
First Page 2
 Remora.Pyp
Server: Remora
Game: FFXI
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-06-02 10:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Somebody slap me awake. Is this really the broader based world-wide appeal SE thinks they've been missing? This launch is being labeled "The new direction" of Square-Enix...

Supreme Commander 2
Front Mission Evolved
Order of War

WTF...??? Haven't these game genres been over-done? More RTS westernized war games that still remind me of fights I had with friends over RISK rules. More fuggin Transformers the size of buildings to play with like when I was 5 playing with Optimus in the dirt behind my mom's garden. Oh and I get to do this with a lot of people! oooh... now that's cool.

Nier

Maybe this turns out to not be a total remake of some guy running around a "wasteland" killing what look to be "zombies" made out of shadows with a big sword instead of a gun. Now wouldn't that be groundbreaking?
[+]
 Asura.Dajociont
Server: Asura
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-02 10:35:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
k.

que.*
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-06-02 10:36:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Pyp said:
Maybe this turns out to not be a total remake of some guy running around a "wasteland" killing what look to be "zombies" made out of shadows with a big sword instead of a gun. Now wouldn't that be groundbreaking?

Hasn't something like this been done?
 Asura.Dajociont
user: Jamehkun
By Asura.Dajociont 2009-06-02 10:37:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
como?

mucho grande or however it's spelt
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 10:37:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
k.

get your own line =P

I love front mission >.>
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-06-02 10:54:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
FFXIII is gonna make or break the RPG genre when it comes out. If it's horrible I'm losing all hope for new games.

I'm just glad they're releasing it on the 360. I didn't want to buy a PlayStation 3 just to play the next final fantasy <.<
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 10:58:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Make a true sequel to FFT, ye ***. All will be right in the world then. How dare they callously toss aside these amazing games ..Vagrant Story! ..buncha hoez. :<
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 11:00:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Hypnotizd said:
Rowland said:
FFXIII is gonna make or break the RPG genre when it comes out. If it's horrible I'm losing all hope for new games.

I'm just glad they're releasing it on the 360. I didn't want to buy a PlayStation 3 just to play the next final fantasy <.<

Same here. They're going to finish it for the PS3 first, the 360 is just a port. So there may be more problems with the 360, even though its easier programming.

I'm hoping they release it at the same time, than making 360 people wait. They'll probably sell more copies that way.

When has there ever been a mindblowing, great game thats come out on more then one system at the same time?
 Remora.Pyp
Server: Remora
user: pyp
By Remora.Pyp 2009-06-02 11:05:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Caiyuo said:
Make a true sequel to FFT, ye ***. All will be right in the world then. How dare they callously toss aside these amazing games ..Vagrant Story! ..buncha hoez. :<

Really though, the "new direction" does not seem to favor this idea. In fact, perhaps somebody could discuss what they think this "new direction" really is. From what I can see its a Japanese based company which is now going to crank out their versions of the shite dozens of western companies have been pumping out for a decade.

Dissidia looks decent, heck even the chronicles looks ok, but I don't think they are referring to these games when they say this is their "new direction."
[+]
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 11:17:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Same here. They're going to finish it for the PS3 first, the 360 is just a port. So there may be more problems with the 360, even though its easier programming.

I'm hoping they release it at the same time, than making 360 people wait. They'll probably sell more copies that way.
Makes me wonder how many discs FFXIII is going to be on 360 using conventional DVDs as opposed to PS3. Considering the development time, I have to wonder if the game will even fit on one Blu-Ray. D:

Pyp said:
Caiyuo said:

Really though, the "new direction" does not seem to favor this idea. In fact, perhaps somebody could discuss what they think this "new direction" really is. From what I can see its a Japanese based company which is now going to crank out their versions of the shite dozens of western companies have been pumping out for a decade.

Dissidia looks decent, heck even the chronicles looks ok, but I don't think they are referring to these games when they say this is their "new direction."
Really, I mean West and East consumers have been buying into the decidedly unique Japanese development style for years (DECADE+ lol) while the Western approach has only penetrated (hush) Western and European markets. Why move away from that? Who knowssss.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 11:20:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey guys...Imagine if SE made a shoot them up kind of game =O
Oh wait they did and everyone hates it...
 Seraph.Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-06-02 11:24:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Lost Odyssey was only about a 40 hours game, and that was 4 discs. If FFXIII is gonna be as good as they say it is.. It better be at least 8 discs in a dual collector's edition case.
One can only hope the packaging is as good. May as well throw them all in a plastic baggy, or use some leftover AOL cases from ..the past.
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 11:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Ludoggy said:
Hey guys...Imagine if SE made a shoot them up kind of game =O
Oh wait they did and everyone hates it...

The Bouncer?

That was a beat them up game o.o
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 11:31:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
Did you know SquareEnix made fullmetal alchemist I and II for PS2?

Yes.
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-02 11:34:34
Link | Quote | Reply

What about Dissidia Final Fantasy? That looks pretty fun. =)
 Asura.Ludoggy
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-06-02 11:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Rowland said:
6800 posts!

What shoot em up game were you talking about? Dirge of Cerberus?

only one I can think of <.>
 Fairy.Tbest
Server: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-06-02 11:37:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Too bad? I have a PSP and love it.
 Asura.Ludoggy