The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 11:12:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Chiaia said: »
So I had only seen the last post and saw you were willing to have an addon didn't realize you were expecting it with equipsets since you're already using windower/ashita if an addon is ok with you.

I'm willing to do it either way: implement a command that views 1 ammunition as none, and just forces you to either equip more or stop trying. Whether that be an official in-game measure or an addon that disables your job ability sange if it detects you have 1 item in your ammo. I would much rather deal with the possibility of an addon clicking sange off seconds after I use it and preserve my happo, than risk tossing it. I'm just throwing out ideas.
 Asura.Sechs
Server: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 11:13:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Gonna like it asap Buukki!
If they really want to play it lazy they could simply give us easily obtainable high level shuriken with GOOD STATS ON THEM.
That way *** Happo+1, which is a very old piece and it's not even 119 anyway, and welcome new ammo.

They seem to have been incredibly undelivering when it comes to shuriken and related mechanics for NIN.
The thought that in their mind Daken was compensation for their inability to make STP work differently with excess of DW still makes me baffle.
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2018-02-13 11:15:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »
but I don't enjoy the game when every gear choice is automated
Likewise.
Reason why I don't completely automate all of the components of my Luas, like buff reading and several other things.
I like to have manual buttons to press and stuff like that.
To each his own I guess!
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2018-02-13 11:48:32
Link | Quote | Reply

short story, and i'll probably share this later when it's time to brag on another thread:

Last night, about 30min before maintenance, I managed to get a party set up for Kyou. RUN PLD GEO (me) DRK WHM BRD. My windower has been crashing lately, and any time I click ctrl+enter, the game resizes, goes into limbo, and i have to task manager reset my game. So I opted to use ctrl/alt + keyboard number for the macro clicks.

We got to 11:51 est and we had 47% left in the Kyou fight. Imagine my finger speed when I annonced to the party "we have 9 minutes til maintenance, we have to hurry". I quickly activated bolster, and then my GEO duties started flying. Dia 2, hastes, cures, entrust/new bubbles, DT sets, regen/idle etc. I was all over the place on my macro lines. We ended up winning with one minute to spare with drops to people seacom. That was a very fun and engaging fight, that I don't think I would have enjoyed as much if I had automated my sets to cycle through 3-4.

Not hating on GS, im taking this moment to brag about how fast my Lil Mac NES finger speed was.
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2018-02-13 13:57:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Being proud of your gaming prowess is one thing. Removing what is otherwise awfully tasking minutiae is another. Gearswap is there to make you enjoy your gaming more, not less.

You don't have to use a gearswap that 'does everything for you.' In fact most gearswaps behave nearly identically to gearsets. In that fashion, it doesn't really matter if you use it or not. Good on ya for whichever you choose.

When I want to adjust the amount of dual wield I use based on the incoming haste I'm receiving. I'm not going to bother scouring my buff icons, looking through 20+ icons, to find what may be a march or a minuet or a geo-haste or a fast cast from the RUN. I don't end up on top of the parse because I'm wondering what combination of buffs I have and which gearset to equip. I'm focusing on standing where I should be, checking my ja timers, watching my TP, swapping to DT and back when the mob readies a dangerous move. I'm focusing on playing. The game has become so much more enjoyable to me thanks to these luas.

When I press f10 to enter a PDT set, it's no different than you using alt+1 or whichever macro you've setup. It's definitely taken minute human error out of my playstyle. It doesn't make me superior to anyone else. It gives me comfort.

tl;dr play how you want. GS doesn't 'play for you'. NIN is win.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2018-02-18 21:52:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Probably get some more work on my NIN sim this week if anyone wants to get some info with race/sub combos for me since my account isn't active atm
By Afania 2018-02-19 04:44:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
The game has become so much more enjoyable to me thanks to these luas.

I think it really really depends on how good your coding skill is. As someone with zero coding background, using Lua is PITA and not enjoyable in anyway. I've tried premade lua templates on the internet, since the rule is written by another guy, it doesn't always fit in well with my personal playstyle without huge overhaul.

Having to ask for help for every rule/conditional swaps that premade file authors don't use or why things don't work every single time is more pain in the *** than dealing with my own mistakes manually. At least I know very well when and how I'd make mistakes with equipset since I understand most of the pros and cons, in and outs of the vanilla equipset system, thus able to fix things by myself if things do go wrong. With Lua I'd either have to learn coding(A skill don't sync quite well with my profession irl to worth the time investment), or ask for help.

Ashitacast is actually easier to learn for avg users, IMO. Would prefer Ashitacast over GS because of that anyways.
 Asura.Cicion
user: cicion
By Asura.Cicion 2018-02-19 06:41:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Should of gave us REMA Shurikens that pop out of weapons
First Page 2 3 ... 98 99