Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 253 254 255
 Odin.Terren
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Terren 2013-04-21 18:24:28
Link | Quote | Reply

I just used the link to the NIN.xls in the guide itself, I know there's another link with all of Mo's spreadsheets and that would be a little different... it's not like you can break anything, might as well keep playing around.
 Cerberus.Mindi
Server: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-04-23 07:49:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Open Office is a free software like office from microsoft. I think you can edit the dps spreadsheets np there (if you are willing/allowed to install a program on the PC you are useing)
By Creecreelo 2013-04-23 18:23:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't normally post outside of Bard Forums @_____@ but for Shun wouldn't fulad-zereh be an upgrade over Toci's, especially if using Thurandaut head?

Edit: And Khepri kecks for Shun and possibly Jin?
 Carbuncle.Marshy
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Marshy 2013-04-25 11:00:16
Link | Quote | Reply

What was the verdict on the Kannakiri augmentable katana over a 85 Kannagi? Apparently it can get up to +16 base dmg.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Server: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-04-28 04:04:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I saw one with +22 before, so it was D80 and 5% WSD. It's like 3 or 4% behind a Kannagi 99- it'll beat any Kannagi under that. It's also more flexible than Kannagi since it doesn't rely on Aftermath.

If that WSD applies to the main hand it's the best offhand for Kannagi by a large margin as well. Kannakiri main-hand might actually do better with a Uguisu offhand still (Shun doesn't get as much from WSD).

EDIT: Actually now I can't even find that WSD one anymore, and the biggest augment I'm hearing is D16. For the sake of argument if we were to assume a D+16, STR+5 and DEX+5 weapon, it's still better than every Kannagi except 99, and it's still one of the best offhands you can have.

Quote:
Wouldn't Fulad-zereh be an upgrade over Toci's

Indeed it would be- forgot about that thing. In fact I think it's actually better even if you were still using Oce. Head.

Quote:
And Khepri Kecks for Shun and possibly Jin?

Yep.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-04-29 11:26:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Manibozho......

Please don't destroy everything!!!!!

http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/adoulin/index.html
 Ragnarok.Azryel
Server: Ragnarok
user: Azryel
By Ragnarok.Azryel 2013-04-29 16:45:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Blade: Hi (current set)
ItemSet 274278

My Seiryu's kote is only +1 crit rate (I just can't seem to HQ these). Given the shitty augment, should I lose that 1% and 1 AGI for Thurandaut gloves til I can (if I can) get a better augment, or perhaps go back to Thaumas gloves for the minimal set bonus with feet?

Thanks

EDIT: I've changed my set to this since last posting... And since NQ body gets +4% ws dmg now too.
 Lye
By Lye 2013-05-03 10:16:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Kincard,

Does the nq synergized abjurational equipment come in second (kheper + tenryu) against high level mobs for ws/tp?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-06 02:11:51
Link | Quote | Reply

I'd go with Thaumas Kecks over Tenryu Hakama (Thaumas helm + feet are still pretty much best in slot), but I'd definately use Kheper Jacket over Athos's Tabard.

If you have one of those new katanas it probably won't matter since you'll be using Blade: Shun.

To be honest most of the new armor seems kinda meh for NIN. Depends on what augments they get. Pya'ekue Belt might change things though. Hurray gil sink.

Azryel, you can stick with Thurandaut. I honestly see Seiryu's getting less and less use as they add more gear so it might not be worth investing in that.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-06 05:57:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Is the new Delve weapon Kiji a good choice to offhand to a 99Kanagi? Probably would be only low Rank on augments for a while. Or they would be only good to mainhand? Shun isnt really availible, cause i think all merits spend else where. Or would a 1/5 Shun with Kiji be even better then 99 Kanagi/kiji(or STR Magian) ?

About Augments, posted by Ragnarok.Flippant in THf guide :
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-06 06:24:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I get Kiji beating Kannagi (99) without any augments and with Shun at level 1/5, if you're using the same offhand (I used Uguisu). If you use Kannagi (99) and sub Kiji, you'll be stronger than Kiji mainhand by about 5%.

If you decide to use Jin instead of putting a point into Shun you'll probably be a bit behind Kannagi 99 but not by very much at all, and you won't be reliant on keeping AM up.

Pamun as your main hand would probably be best of course, but I doubt anybody has that thing yet. Pamun/Kiji beats Kannagi/Kiji by about 15% and just for shits and giggles Pamun+1/Pamun+1 beats Kannagi/Kiji by about 25%.

Thanks for the augment info, I'll play with Manibozro when I get the chance. At a glance I was thinking of trying to use the boots along with Pya'ekue Belt and seeing if putting Koga Hakama +2 back on is a good idea, at least for low buff situations. The legs will be nice for some WSs and possibly to TP in. Also waiting to see what Dudgeon/Heartseeker end up being (probably 7%).
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-06 06:36:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Offhand to Kiji could be 99 kannagi or 99 STR path. Only did the Uguisu meeble 1 time because noone else in the group wanted gear from that Meeble zone and we went back to Monkey-farming lol
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-06 06:38:33
Link | Quote | Reply

99Kannagi/Kiji breaks about even with Kiji/STRArisui if you have AM1 up for Kannagi at least half the time.

This is without augments though. Don't think it takes too much to get the first three levels of augments which are the biggest ones. Though, dunno if it's worth spending points on the things yet, who knows what they're planning.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-06 06:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

yea 1st levels are fast, in a point farming fraction just killing normal mobs we got about 6k points each run and depend on drop-luck a few airlixirs. Yesterday i had 6 airlixirs and 25.6k points after 4 runs (and my bf had 13 lol) how much stronger compared to kanagi99/Str99 is kanagi 99/Kiji? if you still have it open that would be nice to know^^
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-06 07:00:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have
Kannagi99/Arisui (ODD30%): 301.791
Kiji/Arisui (Shun 1/5): 328.062
Kiji/Arisui (Shun 5/5): 345.274
Kannagi99/Kiji (ODD15%): 334.700
Kannagi99/Kiji (ODD30%): 347.458

Screwed up earlier, I put /DNC instead of /WAR. This probably varies across all kinds of buffs and whatnot but overall I'd probably use Kiji/Arisui over Kannagi/Kiji for the moment.
 Cerberus.Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-05-06 07:08:18
Link | Quote | Reply

thx alot :)
 Lye
By Lye 2013-05-07 01:45:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If SE de-localizes Blade: Hi, won't Pamun +1/Kiji(RankA) be the best combo?

I realize that it's premature, but the spreadsheet data makes me drool....
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-07 02:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Right now I'm having a hard time deciding whether A or B would be best for Kiji. They're adding a lot of crazy evasion monsters so you might consider B, but then again who's actually going to use NIN against these things?

Very generally, I'm getting:

Pamun +1/Pamun +1 > Pamun/Kiji (Either) > Pamun/Pamun

For Kiji, obviously B will win if you're starving for accuracy or if that DEX will push your crit rate up a good chunk. I might actually opt for B- if you ever need NIN for new stuff, you'll have accuracy to help you out, because either way you're going to be crushing old content anyway. That's just my take on it though.

Kind of annoying Manibozro doesn't have accuracy path so you can choose to stack DEX instead of STR, every job other than RNG is pretty much all pigeonholed into doing A unless they really want a new evasion set.

EDIT: Some info on new armor.

Went to play with Pya'keue and found it to be not worth it, so yay (of course perfectionists will still use it in their fast cast set, so not yay).

Assuming 7%, Dudgeon+Heartseeker is a slight bit better than Suppa+Brutal if you have no Marches, but given that you'd need to switch into Suppa/Brutal the instant you get marches I'm not sure I'd waste my points on it anyway.

Manibazro A15 for legs and feet will destroy Usukane +1. Too lazy to check at what rank this happens for the moment.

Manibazro A15 and Whirlpool Mask are about on par with each other, and they both beat Usukane +1 head for MarchTP.
By Gimp 2013-05-07 11:12:42
Link | Quote | Reply

did you have numbers for kikoku with/and in comparison to Pamun(+1) Kiji?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-07 11:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Kikoku 99 and Kannagi 99 are pretty much equal in strength (Unless you Innin, then Kannagi wins).
 Odin.Rikiyame
Server: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-05-07 11:27:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Gimp said: »
did you have numbers for kikoku with/and in comparison to Pamun(+1) Kiji?

Rough numbers on Chap 100 in Mote's sheets:

Pamnu+1/Pamun+1 - 214.710
Pamun/Pamun - 205.640
Pamun/Kiji (Base only) - 195.925
Pamun/STR - 180.234
Kikoku/Kiji (Base only) - 167.381
Kannagi/Kiji (Base only) - 164.119
Kiji(Base only)/STR - 157.146
Kikoku/STR - 149.053
Kannagi/STR - 141.574

Some of it may change when Kiji gets upgraded and buffs matter.
By Gimp 2013-05-07 13:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I had heard about the same(kinc) and just wanted to make sure it still held true and thanks for the numbers.

stupid android...al stupod
 Bismarck.Sesshomaru
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Sesshomaru 2013-05-08 21:46:38
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that the TP gear sets are listed from best to worst from left to right, would I be correct in this assumption? Meaning Manibozho legs/feet would be better than Usukane +1?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-09 00:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Correct. The guide assumes rank 15 though. I'm not sure how it compares without augments, but I would estimate that they're about on par.
By firesoul 2013-05-20 18:24:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello all. I recently came back to game and looking at some of the gear sets, wouldn't more sense to add STR or DEX for better WS sets than Attack+???

I read through the threads but didn't see anything posted. I read the BGWiki on "attack" and "pdif" but lots of math there and I didn't understand all of it.

Anyone make it a tad easier?

Thanks!!!
By itchi508 2013-05-20 18:58:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Im not math wizard so i cant give you the break down, but w/o att your modifiers are kinda worthless. Also (Str Dex are not mods for every Ws) different WS call for different Modifiers.

Str=att Dex=acc need both to help your crits & over all basic hit dmg as well as WS. but again w/o att your overall dmg will be low even with all the str/dex you can stack Low Att = Low Dmg.

If you wana personaly see how Att impacts your output, A good comparison you can do is nin/war use berserk and WS. Remove Berserk, Then in same set use Defender and WS. And notice the difference in your dmg then you should visualy see how att impacts your performance. (You also can try this on mobs that give Attack down like bats)

Att is very needed in all cases just as Acc is, under certain situations/conditions for TP and WS whether it come from gear or buffs its needed, But how much is the question!

Im sure someone else can be of more help than i am and give you more detailed answer if you supply a more specific question. As of what WS you are refering to And what you plan to fight.
By firesoul 2013-05-20 20:30:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess I was basing it off of Jin for now since that is what has a gear set in the 1st posts.

As I recall it has dex and str modifiers.

Thanks for trying to explain. I know attack is important I guess I thought STR and DEX would trump ATT when using WS's in general.
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-05-20 20:31:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's really hard to give a straight "this amount of STR/DEX is better than this amount of atk/acc/crit rate", because its dependent on what monster you're fighting and not just your stats.

Damage = Base Damage * pDIF
4STR is about 1BD and it will give you 2 attack, if you compare this to 4 attack it depends on the enemy's VIT, defense and your STR, attack etc.

For WS mods add a certain amount of the stat (EX Jin is 30% * 0.85 STR and DEX, the .85 is just a level mod that applies at 99) in question to your BD.

2 DEX gives 1 acc and 0-2% crit rate. Acc vs DEX is really straightforward to compare but DEX vs crit rate again also needs you to know the monater's stats.

Since half the stats in the game also need the monster's stats to put into context spreadsheets are as popular as they are. It's really no different than doing all the calculations by hand other than saving you hours of bothersome arithmatic and removing a lot of the errors you used to make on your math tests like forgetting to square something.
 Siren.Hermaeus
Server: Siren
user: Hermaeus
By Siren.Hermaeus 2013-05-30 14:25:07
Link | Quote | Reply

just wondering, would the dual wield earings from delve be better to tp in than brutal suppo?
 Leviathan.Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-02 04:41:31
Link | Quote | Reply

If you're benefiting from that extra DW, yeah.
First Page 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 253 254 255