The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 254 255 256
 Siren.Kyte
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-06 21:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Capuchin said: »

- BLU is obviously already differentiated by the multitude of spells for a huge variety of situations. TP gain is simply not a massive concern because smacking stuff with swords just isn't comparatively as important to BLU.

Ehhhh, melee damage is still the number 1 concern for BLU. However, DNC is definitely the one that got screwed the most by this.
[+]
 Siren.Akson
user: AKs0n
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-07 00:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lets just say Daken is infact 40%. Will that even be enough to allow those whom play NIN that don't necessarily possess REM to be accepted into events or even shouts as frequently as non REM mnks or even other DD are permitted without anyone even questioning thier purpose in the pt to begin with? I'm not so sure it will but I think that's exactly what needs to change from either this update or possibly future updates before NIN can taken serious. 40% may be asking for alot but in the end it may not even change a thing. We'll see.
By Santi 2014-10-07 01:09:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Akson said: »
Lets just say Daken is infact 40%. Will that even be enough to allow those whom play NIN that don't necessarily possess REM to be accepted into events or even shouts as frequently as non REM mnks or even other DD are permitted without anyone questioning thier purpose in the pt to begin with? I'm not so sure it will but I think that's exactly what needs to change from either this update or possibly future updates before NIN can taken serious. 40% may be asking for alot but in the end it may not even change a thing. We'll see.

Whatever to those kinds of people, they've only partied with crap NIN and base their opinions on that. :)
 Asura.Failaras
Server: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2014-10-07 01:18:33
Link | Quote | Reply

It was brought up in the update thread but it will make Ninja setups for Ark Angels and other battles that Nin is already good at even better, but likely won't make Nin a good enough DD to bring to delve or anything like that.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-07 01:25:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Santi said: »
Siren.Akson said: »
Lets just say Daken is infact 40%. Will that even be enough to allow those whom play NIN that don't necessarily possess REM to be accepted into events or even shouts as frequently as non REM mnks or even other DD are permitted without anyone questioning thier purpose in the pt to begin with? I'm not so sure it will but I think that's exactly what needs to change from either this update or possibly future updates before NIN can taken serious. 40% may be asking for alot but in the end it may not even change a thing. We'll see.

Whatever to those kinds of people, they've only partied with crap NIN and base their opinions on that. :)

Yeah. I'm just saying not everyone is an REM melee which doesn't matter for most melee jobs. I think it needs to change so NIN is atleast in the same category so they can be used more frequently or even possibly sought after.
By Santi 2014-10-07 01:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

A good NIN with Raimitsukane isn't bad. If you're a bad NIN with Raimitsukane you're just bad.
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Server: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 02:01:05
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't think anyone (any DW job) would have been satisfied with the DW TP adjustments S-E likely would have put in. They made it seem before that it was only going to be setting a delay floor for the TP per swing calculation.

To be clear for anyone who doesn't understand the current situation: using DW lowers your delay used in calculating TP/hit (resulting in less TP per hit). Once you hit delay reduction cap, adding more DW does nothing at all for reducing delay further... but it continues to negatively impact TP/hit. Haste, on the other hand, does not affect TP/hit - which is why it has always been better to cap delay reduction with sources of haste first, before DW gear (or Blitzer's Roll, which works like DW gear as far as TP calculation is concerned).

What S-E mentioned changing was JUST eliminating the negative effect on TP/hit from additional points of DW past the point of capped delay reduction. Nothing else. While it's certainly possible they would have looked further at the relation of DW and TP, knowing S-E I kind of doubt it would have been overwhelmingly helpful. The optimists who might think stuff like changing DW to behave like Haste and not affect TP calculation at all would likely have been in for disappointment.

Daken giving an extra hit (looking roughly on par with a katana swing's worth of damage) at a proc rate of ~40% of your attack rounds? That's ALWAYS a benefit, not just a benefit for people who gear poorly and use DW when they're already capped and don't need to.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 02:07:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »
Ehhhh, melee damage is still the number 1 concern for BLU. However, DNC is definitely the one that got screwed the most by this.

I don't see how DNC gets screwed by getting the new ability to take a step from nothing to lv10 (a debuff that helps the entire alliance and stacks with other debuffs) in under 30 seconds, AND a B+ to A+ change in dagger skill. That's a heck of a lot better than modest DW changes that only affect you if you're gearing for DW while having haste/marches (admittedly, speculating on what the changes would have been here based on SE dev comments).

It's just a better definition of an actual ROLE for DNC in group content. A debuffer, along the lines of GEO (or to some extent RDM), or something to either compete with or complement party buffs like BRD COR.

DNC players (of which I am one) shouldn't be whining about thoughtful changes to maybe give the job some actual reason to invite to high end content. Simply making them gain TP a little faster is definitely NOT that reason. Keeping up a couple potent lv10 steps on a hard mob and helping the entire alliance kill faster? That's getting somewhere, for a job that has never really been worth bringing to group stuff that matters.

EDIT: whoops double post, sorry!
By gdiShun 2014-10-07 02:55:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't appear there is a Plasm shuriken.

Sparks(117): 90DMG, 192Delay, R.Acc+5, Throwing +215. 7k/stack

Bayld(117): 92DMG, 192Delay, HP+30, Throwing +215. 50 per.

EDIT: Throwing skill was raised as well. Just got a skill from a Daken proc.

EDIT 2: I'm getting some weird maybe log errors? Basically it'll show Daken Proc > only 1 normal melee attack > Daken Proc. I don't know.

EDIT 3: Sange does bleed shurikens as expected. 22 Shurikens from one use. That's including the time running between 4 Mandies outside of Adoulin. lol.

EDIT 4: TP gain is pretty significant. Unbuffed getting 100% TP in about 8-12 seconds.

And I just saw it proc twice in a row. Like the animation repeated twice. Log shows 2 hits in a row. Perhaps subject to DA? o0 I'm one-handing it now see if I can re-create without all the spam. lol.

EDIT 5(last for now. lol): Pretty comfortable saying it was a log/animation glitch after single-wielding for a while. I was able to kind of re-create it with what looked like a quadruple attack followed by 2 Daken procs(both log and animation). Obviously NIN not having any QA I was wearing no QA, so it was probably 2 DAs or a TA and a normal attack with both rounds proccing Daken.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 03:37:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Fully buffed, im able to self Skillchain, Hi > Hi, using Delve Katana and OAT Taikogane
[+]
 Phoenix.Capuchin
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2014-10-07 04:08:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Happo Shuriken is crafted and uses Waktza Rostrom to make 33 (no idea whether HQ, etc.).

So... not something you're gonna be wanting to use during Sange, but should be good for your normal non-Sange TP ammo.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 04:10:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Apparently Happo Shuriken is crafted and uses Waktza Rostrom to make 33 (no idea whether HQ, etc.).

So... not something you're gonna be wanting to use during Sange, but should be good for your normal non-Sange TP ammo.

and since swapping ammo doesnt wipe TP, you can swap into a lower tier item while Sange is up
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-07 06:24:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I am officially annoyed swapping between impatiens and shurikens disables /lockstyle.
That is really my only complaint with this update.

I did some merit grind on ninja in marjami with trusts, I was using /rng sub and scavenge, plus recycle with scopuli+manibozho path B hands swapped in when sange is active will save you a lot of shurikens.
This is what i'm using right now when I pop sange.
ItemSet 329291

For merit fodder i'm just rebuffing kakka:ichi, pulling multiple mobs, then using issekigan, then using sange to maximize the Sange JA time since the TP gain is just crazy and you'll go through a couple monsters before sange wears off.

Something unexpectedly awesome also, try equip only an OaT taikogane with no offhand, then pop sange. Daken shuriken proc+burn rate gets even crazier.
I always thought single wield katana anim looked awesome and this seems like an effective way to get throwing skillups faster over time if you aren't capped yet.
 Siren.Akson
By Siren.Akson 2014-10-07 08:15:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »
I am officially annoyed swapping between impatiens and shurikens disables /lockstyle.
One of the 1st things I noticed and extremely frustrating to say the least. Also same exact thing with Yetshila. Strange thing is that it will NOT break /lockstyle going from Shuriken to Impatiens/Yetshila but does so going from Impatiens/Yetshila to Shuriken. Maybe it's something that'll be addressed with patch update? Hopefully or this is normal and working properly. Which would definitely suck. Had zero issues with /lockstyle swapping in and out Impatiens and Yetshila prior to this.
Edit: Yep working properly swapping >< atleast 2% instacast ring this update.
 Valefor.Sapphire
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Sapphire 2014-10-07 08:54:42
Link | Quote | Reply

I think bayld shurikens are going to be my mainstay shuriken ammo, i've already gone thru 3+ stacks in a couple hours with /rng, scavenge and that recycle set.

Doing quick frontline supply run with imprimaturs to kamihr by warping or knocking a couple reives down with Blade:Hi spam with Senkutanto just seems like a better way to feed the shuriken habit.
The ones from sparks should have been stronger or had some other kind of tradeoff for them to be worth the 7k sparks/stack.
[+]
By inkydo 2014-10-07 10:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyone find out what the stats are, on Togakushi Shuriken or how they are made/purchased?
 Cerberus.Kaeviathan
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kaeviathan 2014-10-07 10:53:12
Link | Quote | Reply

inkydo said: »
Anyone find out what the stats are, on Togakushi Shuriken or how they are made/purchased?

http://ffxidb.com/items/21357
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2014-10-07 11:14:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kyte said: »

I don't see how DNC gets screwed by getting the new ability to take a step from nothing to lv10 (a debuff that helps the entire alliance and stacks with other debuffs) in under 30 seconds, AND a B+ to A+ change in dagger skill. That's a heck of a lot better than modest DW changes that only affect you if you're gearing for DW while having haste/marches (admittedly, speculating on what the changes would have been here based on SE dev comments).

You're extrapolating my remark. I don't necessarily think that the DNC changes weren't useful- but the lack of a DW adjustment undeniably hurts them more than NIN because they, by default, will be using Haste Samba.
 Bismarck.Gippali
user: Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-07 12:39:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sapphire said: »

I did some merit grind on ninja in marjami with trusts, I was using /rng sub and scavenge, plus recycle with scopuli+manibozho path B hands swapped in when sange is active will save you a lot of shurikens.
This is what i'm using right now when I pop sange.
ItemSet 329291

For merit fodder i'm just rebuffing kakka:ichi, pulling multiple mobs, then using issekigan, then using sange to maximize the Sange JA time since the TP gain is just crazy and you'll go through a couple monsters before sange wears off.

Something unexpectedly awesome also, try equip only an OaT taikogane with no offhand, then pop sange. Daken shuriken proc+burn rate gets even crazier.
I always thought single wield katana anim looked awesome and this seems like an effective way to get throwing skillups faster over time if you aren't capped yet.

That is similar to what my low buff set looks like as well.

This is what I plan to use in incursion when spamming i128's for capes. Set assumes songs/haste/Riverfin/blah blah blah. Decent mix of Racc/acc/Ratk

ItemSet 328906
 Asura.Highwynn
user: Highwynd
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-07 14:25:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah got it on normal. Probably dont wanna use it with sange or accidentally throw it lol.

Wish it gave you a bag of 99 of them instead of 1.
[+]
By Santi 2014-10-07 14:31:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I really don't think its worth gimping your normal attacks to buff Daken.
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-07 14:37:19
Link | Quote | Reply

It has good melee stats though.
By Santi 2014-10-07 14:38:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Highwynn said: »
It has good melee stats though.

Obviously talking about the sets above your post lol
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-07 14:50:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Depends on how much Racc you feel you need.

Could probably drop the head/hands/feet if you wanted. Most other pieces would be in some semi Acc set anyways. For foddder in incursion I probably would only swap in feet. I am mainly talking about Gramk however. after i134 all we do now is zone > Gramk > out.
By Santi 2014-10-07 14:57:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Gippali said: »

Could probably drop the head/hands/feet if you wanted. Most other pieces would be in some semi Acc set anyways. For foddder in incursion I probably would only swap in feet. I am mainly talking about Gramk however. after i134 all we do now is zone > Gramk > out.

But why would you remove buffs for a stronger attack to buff a weaker attack?

Assuming that set is your "Accuracy" set for Gram, you are losing:

Crit.Rate +13%
Crit.Dmg. +2%
Double Att. +3%
Triple Att. +2%
Quadruple Att. +2%
Doulbe Attack +2%

Just comparing what you have to my 900 Accuracy set.

Edit:

Not to mention you have DW in your sets, which at max haste will drop your TP/hit.

Checkparam: using sparks ilvl117 shuriken
Your set: 872 Acc, 921 Racc
My set: 897 Acc, 792 Racc
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-07 15:12:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Santi said: »
Bismarck.Gippali said: »

But why would you remove buffs for a stronger attack to buff a weaker attack?

Assuming that set is your "Accuracy" set for Gram, you are losing:

Crit.Rate +13%
Crit.Dmg. +2%
Double Att. +3%
Triple Att. +2%
Quadruple Att. +2%
Doulbe Attack +2%

Just comparing what you have to my 900 Accuracy set.

How about for sake of testing different ***? Not that hard to make an extra gear macro and parse the set. Chances are it wont pull ahead, never said it would, but why not try something else? Besides if I don't like the results I can always swap to x/y/z set I see fit.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-10-07 15:17:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Daken has a substantial accuracy bonus attached to it. So much so that my skill of 140 Throwing had no trouble landing on fodder mobs in Morimar. Approximately 70% rate. I say this so that we can maybe test it out with hard content with normal melee sets and parse the accur rates, and go from there, instead of assuming we need to specifically modify our melee sets with more R.acc.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Langly
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Langly
By Quetzalcoatl.Langly 2014-10-07 15:26:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Qaaxo Boots still retain a great set of melee stats as well as Racc5.

Now you don't have to be without your Racc while still being concerned with your melee stats! HUZZAH
 Bismarck.Gippali
By Bismarck.Gippali 2014-10-07 15:27:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Langly said: »
Qaaxo Boots still retain a great set of melee stats as well as Racc5.

Now you don't have to be without your Racc while still being concerned with your melee stats! HUZZAH

Haha very true!
 Asura.Highwynn
By Asura.Highwynn 2014-10-07 15:39:13
Link | Quote | Reply

What's NIN's r.acc stat with capped throwing and Dakan? Should be able to see with checkparam
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 254 255 256