Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Ninja » The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
The Sealed Dagger: A Ninja Guide
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227
 Lakshmi.Buukki
Server: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 09:49:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Ninja can use Tachi: Kagero for a fire hybrid option. Similar mods and easier to use. You would lose shuriken and Daken if you went with bow, in addition to subbing something non optimal. Unless the target is both piercing weak and weak to fire, can't see it being useful.

Are there really any targets that would fit this description where the other hybrids wouldn't work? Or is flaming arrow stronger than Kagero? (I have seen Flaming Arrow rip through certain targets in Odyssey)
By SimonSes 2021-09-14 12:09:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Kagero should be stronger, but Hachimonji is weird for tp gain comparison, especially that it would be Hachimonji with Daken vs Katanas without Daken.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 12:45:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachimonji can be kind of neat if you have a good Crooked Sam Roll and are using STP pieces in your TP set. Though you won't be haste capped either from no Hasso, so it is kind of a toss up.
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-09-14 13:11:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
Hachimonji can be kind of neat if you have a good Crooked Sam Roll and are using STP pieces in your TP set. Though you won't be haste capped either from no Hasso, so it is kind of a toss up.
If you are comparing for flaming arrow which requires rng sub its only fair to compare to sam sub.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-14 14:05:05
Link | Quote | Reply

True. I was looking at RNG sub as more of a hindrance to NIN main, as it's a requirement to use the WS. So I wasn't thinking about changing subs with the compared weapon in mind. Since NIN can natively learn Kagero without a sub change, it loses less than using Archery hybrid ws would

slightly switching gears: is there a Samurai Roll Calculator or grid that shows the STP value of each roll, with roll+ bonus and job enhancement+ bonus? Something like the Geomancy grid. I can't find anything outside of Rolltracker addon. I wanted to calculate the number of STP I would need from Sam Roll with certain set to reach 100% DA build with Gkt.
By SimonSes 2021-09-16 11:44:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Hachimonji can be kind of neat

Can it really?

Afaik if you have 100stp you have 100%da with it, with no other chance to proc MA and tp gain is calculated like with 0 store tp. So basically it's like you would have 100 store tp, but couldn't multihit at all, which is way weaker than having that or similar amount of store tp mixed with MA gear right?
 Quetzalcoatl.Jakey
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Jakey
By Quetzalcoatl.Jakey 2021-09-16 11:49:24
Link | Quote | Reply

SimonSes said: »
Hachimonji can be kind of neat

Can it really?

Afaik if you have 100stp you have 100%da with it, with no other chance to proc MA and tp gain is calculated like with 0 store tp. So basically it's like you would have 100 store tp, but couldn't multihit at all, which is way weaker than having that or similar amount of store tp mixed with MA gear right?
Actually da procs first and blocks the proc from the gk so if you have 100 da and 100 store tp you you would just have 100 da with 100 store tp in this case and the ambu gk would make no difference. You only lose store tp when the gk procs although you also lose store tp for the possible daken proc that round.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2021-09-16 12:00:14
Link | Quote | Reply

You do get fixed TP (for multi-attack swings), but the wiki makes it see like you can have both an 100% DA rate and supplemental TA rate, if you have over 100 STP. So you should get both DA/TA swings (254/381 tp per round). Not including Daken procs.

Kaja Tachi is probably ahead on TP gain with a similar build.

Quetzalcoatl.Jakey said: »
you also lose store tp for the possible daken proc that round.

Ok I didn't know this.
First Page 2 3 ... 226 227