Forum » FFXIAH.com » Help » Shouts aren't automatically refreshing
Shouts aren't automatically refreshing
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2012-09-15 08:54:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The shouts are not automatically refreshing on my work PC any ideas as to why? (works fine on my home one)

Javascript is enabled, I'm using Mozilla I didn't see anything in the antivirus that seem to be blocking scripts (not ruling it out entirely) I am running adblock and Symantec endpoint protection. (I can provide version #s of everything if that helps).
By MissSteph 2012-09-15 09:03:44
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm having the same problem.
 Fenrir.Brimstonefox
Server: Fenrir
user: Brimstone
By Fenrir.Brimstonefox 2012-09-15 10:33:42
Link | Quote | Reply

And now its happening on my home pc after it got restarted. Server side issue? (refreshing the page works)
 Odin.Godofgods
Server: Odin
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-09-15 11:14:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I believe its a problems with guildwork. I say that because yesterday when the shout page on ffxiah.com would not load, i brought up guildworks shout site. And i noticed that theirs was not auto refreshing either. I had to manually refresh it in order to update it.

On the same note, iv also noticed that various shouts are not being picked up by their service. And sometimes it picks up a single shout twice. So my guess is its guildwork ppl that have an issue somewhere. Hopefully its something simple to locate and resolve. Everyone loves the shout feature!
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-09-15 11:48:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I have to manyally refresh too.

Odin.Godofgods said: »
I believe its a problems with guildwork....

On the same note, iv also noticed that various shouts are not being picked up by their service. And sometimes it picks up a single shout twice.

I haven't seen the not picking shouts up bug but I have noticed repeats, even multiple repeats in the form of:

[Time] Name Shout here
[Time] Name Shout hereShout here

Timestamp being identical.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-09-15 11:52:30
Link | Quote | Reply

a small example:

Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-09-15 11:56:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Garuda.Chanti said: »
I haven't seen the not picking shouts up bug but I have noticed repeats, even multiple repeats in the form of: [Time] Name Shout here [Time] Name Shout hereShout here Timestamp being identical.

Well seeing things that arnt there is much harder to notice unless your looking for them specifically. I only noticed a while back because the feature was picking up everything in Jeuno one day, except for anything shouted by me. So i started paying attention after that. Noticing that some shouts ingame in Jeuno, did not appear on the page.

But that was before the recent problems started.
 Odin.Godofgods
By Odin.Godofgods 2012-09-16 10:11:44
Link | Quote | Reply

10:59 Screamingbabies, another example
 Asura.Tamoa
Server: Asura
user: Tamoa
By Asura.Tamoa 2012-09-16 11:26:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I've seen the repeats aswell, and ditto on the not auto-refreshing.

Another thread: http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/33197/shout-not-auto-updating/