Hakutaku Eye Cluster, Crafter Etiquette/info?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Hakutaku Eye Cluster, crafter etiquette/info?
Hakutaku Eye Cluster, crafter etiquette/info?
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-31 12:35:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I got my last Haku Eye last night, so I'm gonna need to have them synthed into a cluster at some point here soon. However, I know nothing about how people arrange this, so was just curious as to:

What's the usual fee/gratuity for crafting someone's eyes into a cluster? Don't want to get taken due to my ignorance...

If it fails, what then? Am I just ***outta luck and gotta go farm all these things again? How do high level crafters handle things exploding if they are working on consignment?

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide. I don't personally know anyone that has a high enough Alchemy skill (for this I'd like someone with a 100 skill, I'm really paranoid about this thing exploding) so I'm going to have to take a chance with someone I don't know well...I was just gonna shout in WG, but obviously, don't know how much to shout for lol

So yeah, thanks...
 Ramuh.Konoko
Server: Ramuh
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-31 12:41:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Just try and get it synthed from somebody you know, and also... IMO there shouldn't be a fee, I mean, seriously, it takes what, 1 minute to select the crystal and all the materials and then synth it. It shouldn't be that hard really.
 Phoenix.Boyaci
Server: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-05-31 12:53:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

I have been known to pay for various crafts from time to time if I cannot find someone I know to do it for me. Personally, I wouldn't pay more than 10k due to the reasons Konoko stated: doesn't take much out of a crafter's day.

As for my cluster, my crafter and THF farming buddy was one in the same, so I did give him a reward for the time he put into the effort.

A reward offered in a WG shout, to me, is nothing more than an attention grabber/enticement because we all know that it's not the easiest of tasks trying to get a stranger to do something for nothing in our self-serving community.
 Titan.Relicant
Server: Titan
user: Relicant
By Titan.Relicant 2009-05-31 12:57:20
Link | Quote | Reply

my opinion on this is:

you're not paying for the synth alone, you're paying for the skill/gil it took that crafter to get to 88+.

You don't "pay" per-se as much as you "tip" them for the synth. I normally tip around 20k for synth's like this; however, keep in mind that a hakutaku cluster isn't like a normal synth. It's either make it, or critical fail, which means you lose ALL of the ingredients. ALL OF THEM!!

This is a risk you as the buyer takes when you choose to synth the item. As long as the synther has the required skill he is not responsile for loss at all. NO synth in the game is 100% I've failed level 3 synths as a 100 crafter; but I will say that if they have the skill, the chance of them breaking is extremely low.

I'd tip him/her 20k for the synth (as there is no HQ version) and walk away happy as i'm about 99% sure that you'll have your cluster made np. just MAKE DAMN SURE that they HAVE the skill high enough already to make it. Clusters aren't something that should be skilled up on. ^^

Hope that helps. like I said, if they have the skill, the chance of breaking is really low. Good Luck!!

EDIT: also, 20k isn't a bad price for an Optical hat IMHO.