users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Rescuing prisoners in Arrapago Reef
Rescuing prisoners in Arrapago Reef
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-30 16:40:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Me and a friend are trying to rescue peeps out here right now, never done it before and figured *** it, why not try...

Anywho, the wiki says there are cells in 3 locations in Arrapago, however, there are only cells marked on 2 of the like 11 maps for the Reef. We've been to the cells that ARE marked on the maps on the wiki, however, one of the rooms has an archaic mirror right in the entrance with pissed off ***right at the door.

Friend targeted around in the room from the doorway to see if he could pick up anything in there and didn't target anything except for the doors and the mobs, so don't think they're in there...can you only target prisoners from really close? Cause it is entirely possible they're in there if so, and if they are, they ain't getting rescued cuz yeah, no way we can kill that ***lol

Anyways, so yeah. Where is the "third" cell location in Arrapago thats NOT on the map, and is it likely the prisoners are behind the archaic mirror. We've never done this before so no clue at all. Thanks for any info ^^
 Phoenix.Boyaci
Server: Phoenix
user:
By Phoenix.Boyaci 2009-05-30 16:54:57
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Just did this myself the other day and ran into similar problems with the map markings. I found the 3rd set of cells to be on the small map with the lower case g, e, f on it. The connections to these unmarked cells are on the 3rd map of Arrapago Reef.

Easiest way I found to that 3rd map was to return to WG and use the Dvucca Isle Staging point. From there, go the entrance marked Arrapago Reef 2.

The cell room with the guards is purely for the mirror, the guards do not mean the prisoners are there. My buddy and I found this out the hard way. =(

You should be able to target the prisoners from the door to the cell room. If not, then they're not there.

Hope this helps, good luck!
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 17:12:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I once found a mirror where the gaurds never came after me once... was weird just full nuked it rested full nuked took awhile but that thing went down. Only even tried cause it was one of those tunnel maps that zones on both ends really close