users online
Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Attack Foods
Attack Foods
 Cerberus.Lotmorning
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
By Cerberus.Lotmorning 2012-09-10 12:27:53
Link | Quote | Reply

So I have been away for about 4-5 months because of school and was wondering if there has been a new attack food that is the prefered food to use for things like ADL, Odin II, Legion ect. Thank you in advance for any helpful answers.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-10 12:29:44
Link | Quote | Reply

ffr there's a thread for this:
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
[+]
 Cerberus.Lotmorning
By Cerberus.Lotmorning 2012-09-10 12:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Well considering I was asking in regards to endgame events I posted in the endgame thread.

EDIT: Thanks Taint
 Cerberus.Taint
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-09-10 12:34:33
Link | Quote | Reply

RCB is still the food for DDs.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-10 12:36:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Just and fyi. Going through possibly 80+ pages in a "random question" thread seems like alot of annoiying reading to get this answer lol. I honestly wouldn't read that all.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-09-10 12:38:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Or you can just post there and bump the thread without creating a new one. wasn't meant to be a big deal...
[+]
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-09-10 12:40:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Just and fyi. Going through possibly 80+ pages in a "random question" thread seems like alot of annoiying reading to get this answer lol. I honestly wouldn't read that all.

I think Eugene's point was to go to that thread and ask. But anyways, RCBs I assume is the best bang for your buck. I use those for high-end things. I use Yellow Buns for 90% of VW because I don't think a 15k food for easy fights is necessary. I use Marbled Steak for Dynamis because it's a nice boost for how cheap it is and lasts the whole time.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-10 12:55:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »

I think Eugene's point was to go to that thread and ask. But anyways, RCBs I assume is the best bang for your buck. I use those for high-end things. I use Yellow Buns for 90% of VW because I don't think a 15k food for easy fights is necessary. I use Marbled Steak for Dynamis because it's a nice boost for how cheap it is and lasts the whole time.
Dooah. My bad haha i get it.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-12 10:46:35
Link | Quote | Reply

So people are rating RCB over hellsteak? Is it just because they don't stack or am i misding something?
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-09-12 10:48:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Attack Foods
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-12 10:51:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Dooah. My bad haha i get it.

As a point of clarification since we might as well put this thread to good use: I NEVER backread RQT when I'm looking for an answer. I do backread to try and be helpful to someone else if i happen to know an answer but I think it's assumed that no one reads through all that to see if it's been asked before.

That being said: Should I ever be called out on asking a question for the xxx time in that thread I will be more than happy to ask it again until i get/remember the answer lol.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-09-12 10:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Jassik said: »
So people are rating RCB over hellsteak? Is it just because they don't stack or am i misding something?
Uhhh cause 24% is more than 19%?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-09-12 10:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Hellsteak is 19% (unkown cap) vs RCB which is 24~25% and has 150 cap @ like 650 base. Unless testing is done otherwise, I'd believe it would also cap lower.

edit: comparing to Dragon Steak: 20% caps 150 @ 750. According to the lolfail wiki food page, the general cap for Attack foods was 150, being Dragon meat foods, so I do imagine hellsteak would be the same.
 Bismarck.Angeleus
Server: Bismarck
user: Munky
By Bismarck.Angeleus 2012-09-12 11:02:51
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Eugene said: »
Or you can just post there and bump the thread without creating a new one. wasn't meant to be a big deal...

Or you can ask a mod to move this thread if it concerns you that much for you to post and complaint...

Just saying...
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-12 11:14:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Erikthecleric said: »
Hellsteak is 19% (unkown cap) vs RCB which is 24~25% and has 150 cap @ like 650 base. Unless testing is done otherwise, I'd believe it would also cap lower. edit: comparing to Dragon Steak: 20% caps 150 @ 750. According to the lolfail wiki food page, the general cap for Attack foods was 150, being Dragon meat foods, so I do imagine hellsteak would be the same.

I really should be less lazy and test all the "unknown cap" food.

To better answer the concept of this thread I would still base my food preference on what content were doing. Being incredibly lazy I normally eat a hydra kofte (same attack as RC with defense to boot) with an increased food duration bonus on. However, I would rather see a ukko war use pizza in legion than have 60% accuracy (or whatever under 95% etc). I'm also not opposed to a DD using yellow curry if I know they are doing it because nigh-fodder content instead of being cheap.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-13 00:36:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Hellsteak is 19% (unkown cap) vs RCB which is 24~25% and has 150 cap @ like 650 base. Unless testing is done otherwise, I'd believe it would also cap lower. edit: comparing to Dragon Steak: 20% caps 150 @ 750. According to the lolfail wiki food page, the general cap for Attack foods was 150, being Dragon meat foods, so I do imagine hellsteak would be the same.

exactly my point, how often as a heavy DD are you less than 650 attack...
 Garuda.Chanti
Server: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2012-09-13 01:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

If I need Acc as well its PIZZA. Remember, no matter how drunk you are you can always say pizza.

Otherwise its RBs or other Dragon meat foods.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-09-13 07:06:45
Link | Quote | Reply

However, the uknown attack cap is most likely 150, if not less. If it happens to be higher.... then I guess it would be the better food >.>;;
 Ragnarok.Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-09-13 07:43:48
Link | Quote | Reply

However, the uknown attack cap is most likely 150, if not less. If it happens to be higher.... then I guess it would be the better food >.>;;

WHATEVER JUST DISCOUNT MY POINT OMG.

It would depend on whatever the % increase is. +200 attack at 900 base isnt doing anyone any favors for 95% of the content.
 Ragnarok.Erikthecleric
By Ragnarok.Erikthecleric 2012-09-13 07:46:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

WHATEVER JUST DISCOUNT MY POINT OMG.

It would depend on whatever the % increase is. +200 attack at 900 base isnt doing anyone any favors for 95% of the content.

<3 D: You already had a good point omg.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-09-13 08:01:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Angeleus said: »

Or you can ask a mod to move this thread if it concerns you that much for you to post and complaint...

Just saying...

It wasnt a complaint...

ffr there's a thread for this:
Random Question thread (FFXI related)

It was helpful advice for a returning player who just came back to the game and who will probably have a few more random questions.
[+]
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Server: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2012-09-13 09:00:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Arrabbiata is -2 str -30 attack for 5 stp and 125 HP vs red curry buns. While it's rare/expensive, it's the best option for any situation where you are capping attack and gain any WS frequency(doesn't need to be an xhit, regain everywhere and randomly getting hit, it still amounts to 1-2% ws frequency on most jobs which'll easily beat 2 str). The extra HP isn't awful for like, neo-NI if you go off on your own or some legion/voidwatch either.

If you're using yellow curry because of attack cap, consider carbonara. It's not terribly expensive and gives 175 hp, 6 stp, 4 str, 65 attack.
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-13 09:25:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I use carbonara for dyna and other solo/lowman when a def food isn't warranted. But with just zerk/hasso i'm over 1000 att, i'll test the cap on hellsteak today
VIP
By Jassik 2012-09-21 09:40:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Just an update. I can't get my attack high enough to find the cap on hellsteak without minuets or rolls so atm i still don't know if hellsteak beats rcb. I'll enlist the help of a ghorn brd friend this weekend and put it to rest. But it looks like hellsteak does indeed cap higher than rcb in seriously high attack situations. A drk/war would have an easier time testing this than i can with sam/war and the cooldown on a 3hour food, lol.