Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » mandau upgrade info
mandau upgrade info
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 10:08:40
Link | Quote | Reply

It's worth it if you care for your weapon!
What else would you spend the money on anyways? If there's other relics out there you want, they might be worth making first, but that's really a personal opinion.
By terebro 2012-09-17 10:25:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I am working on my monk's relic so I really don't wanna make it 99 if it doesn't give a good bump in DD, but I don't like to half-*** anything either
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 10:27:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Well, +15% is a good chunk, and you'll notice it for sure every time you use MS.

Edit:

If you deal a 2k dmg ws with the 95, that would be a 2300 ws with 99, etc (probaby not 100% correct, but you get the idea)

And as far as FFXI goes, that's a pretty huge leap.
By terebro 2012-09-17 10:30:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah the 25% was very noticeable! I solo a lot and I use thf in my solo farming so more damage means more money, I just don't know if the 75 mil wil pay for itself in the long run.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-09-17 10:31:44
Link | Quote | Reply

If you keep going long enough, it will :P
 Bismarck.Stani
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Stani 2012-09-17 10:36:20
Link | Quote | Reply

99 Mandau is amazing, I've never looked back. Finish THF, then move on to your next project. BTW, I'm not sure Spharai are a worthwhile project. Check the MNK forum.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Server: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-09-17 10:50:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Mcclane said: »
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Exent is very competitive when attack is high but mercy with the level 99 bonus smokes it.

Playing with Motenten's spreadsheet, I can't find gear/buffs/mobs that makes it so 99 unstacked Mercy will beat an Exent with the same 99 Mandau. It's close, but Exent always comes out ontop. Only thing I can think of is if the spreadsheets doesn't include the % damage increase on Mercy.
Doesn't the AM give critical hit rate too?
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-09-17 10:53:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Stani said: »
99 Mandau is amazing, I've never looked back. Finish THF, then move on to your next project. BTW, I'm not sure Spharai are a worthwhile project. Check the MNK forum.

they are.
By terebro 2012-09-17 11:16:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I know exactly what u are talking about with mnk relic, but there are Sooooo many Vere owners, id rather take the power decrease to be a bit more unique. Plus u might be right, I'm gonna 99 one of the relics, might as well 99 the most useful one.
 Siren.Mcclane
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2012-09-17 12:34:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Fupafighters said: »
Siren.Mcclane said: »
Phoenix.Suji said: »
Exent is very competitive when attack is high but mercy with the level 99 bonus smokes it.

Playing with Motenten's spreadsheet, I can't find gear/buffs/mobs that makes it so 99 unstacked Mercy will beat an Exent with the same 99 Mandau. It's close, but Exent always comes out ontop. Only thing I can think of is if the spreadsheets doesn't include the % damage increase on Mercy.
Doesn't the AM give critical hit rate too?

5% iirc. Lasts only 20 seconds at 100%tp, so if you're moving from mob to mob quickly, like in dynamis, it's mostly wasted unfortunately