Merit Party: Tachi: Kasha + Spinning Slash Potency
 Gilgamesh.Hercule
Server: Gilgamesh
Game: FFXI
user: Hercule
By Gilgamesh.Hercule 2009-05-30 06:10:52
Link | Quote | Reply

Hi,

This is my experience in merit party with my Great Sword DRK, when there is a SAM in the party.(I'm on DRK/SAM, Naglering 6hits Build).
This chain kill usualy near ~50% of the Greater Colibri life (WS+SC), this is work well on Mamool Ja too.
This made Merit Party more fun, and kill Colibri faster if TP are well managed.
This is a screen of the usual results, so if you guys are lazy in Merit Party try this its a cool way for have fun, and team work!

http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots.php?id=18270

Enjoy! ^^
 Cerberus.Geldric
Server: Cerberus
user: Geldricv2
By Cerberus.Geldric 2009-05-30 12:45:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Why are these SAMs using gkt on birds?
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 12:47:40
Link | Quote | Reply

skillchaining is so 2005... whats next you gonna tell me you got a blm to MB Burst2 as well?
 Ramuh.Konoko
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-30 12:53:14
Link | Quote | Reply

My polearm samurai build isn't done yet, I'm still missing some pieces and ofc, still need Tomoe, so that's why I don't come polearm sam to birds when I merit, but once it's done i'll be using that. For now I use GKT, and it works out really decently for me usually. Usually when I see another samurai in my party have above 100 tp, I wait for them to ws, and because they usually Gekko, I can usually close with Kasha, and my Kashas usually top 1000, which creates decent Fusions for 300~900 depending on resists, but otherwise, i'll just use solo Gekko.
 Ramuh.Konoko
user: lnick
By Ramuh.Konoko 2009-05-30 12:56:22
Link | Quote | Reply

If there is 3 SAMs in the party, you can be hilarious and make highest level Light by just doing traditional Y->G->K combo, which worked out pretty well IIRC in a party I had a few monthes ago with 2 JP samurai and me, where we usually opened each fight with 100 tp and ended with 100 tp, and our Light skillchain dropped the colibri altogether, bar the last few hp we hit to gain 100 for the next bird to make Light from... it was pretty nice. We had like ~20 seconds leeway IIRC to chain breaking, so it was pretty nice not having to worry about the chain breaking
 Seraph.Caiyuo
Server: Seraph
user: Caiyuo
By Seraph.Caiyuo 2009-05-30 13:08:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Konoko said:
My polearm samurai build isn't done yet, I'm still missing some pieces and ofc, still need Tomoe, so that's why I don't come polearm sam to birds when I merit, but once it's done i'll be using that. For now I use GKT, and it works out really decently for me usually. Usually when I see another samurai in my party have above 100 tp, I wait for them to ws, and because they usually Gekko, I can usually close with Kasha, and my Kashas usually top 1000, which creates decent Fusions for 300~900 depending on resists, but otherwise, i'll just use solo Gekko.
I'm glad to see this because it seems a lot of SAMs now get pressured into polearm on birds when if not geared properly it can be more detrimental. I did the 3-step light anytime I could when another SAM was present since the chance of having meditate or sekka available is so high. As long as the 2nd SAM can fill in Gekko it's easy to start and finish it. Fun!

I'm also glad to see that avatar. :D
 Shiva.Artemicion
Server: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-30 13:09:50
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
skillchaining is so 2005... whats next you gonna tell me you got a blm to MB Burst2 as well?

I lol'd. But in all honesty, it makes me smile to see people actually taking advantage of in game mechanics that obviously help significantly but we never bother using.

I miss the days of meriting on abraxxas birds with 2 BLMs in the pt.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 13:13:13
Link | Quote | Reply

I miss the days of doing getting tp having someone ws and voke so someone else could SATA ws the tank so the blm could MB an aga3 and take the IT mob that isn't lol weak like todays xp mobs from a good 80% to dead... like flys in The tree /sigh
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-30 13:16:32

Inorite! We used to be able to take down IT+ mobs like fodder with a good skillchain combo and some MB to back it up, but now we just nibble on VTs 200 times and call it a day.
 Shiva.Artemicion
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-05-30 13:25:42

Ya know SE should just raise the exp cap for ITs as well. I can almost guarantee you that people would go back to using skillchain and MBs to take down big stuff over and over if it gave 400-500 exp a kill >.>
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-30 13:30:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Artemicion said:
Ya know SE should just raise the exp cap for ITs as well. I can almost guarantee you that people would go back to using skillchain and MBs to take down big stuff over and over if it gave 400-500 exp a kill >.>

I know killing stuff that can give a potential of 600xp but is only giving 300 cause of that ***is annoying