Mystery Fishes
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-08-25 21:56:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes i said FISHES!

so a some dude turned me onto fishing in the glacier for some mystery fish that NPCs for 11-12k. But thats all i was given befor he took off. My question is does anyone know what fish i am looking for and what skill level i need to catch it? Also do i need and KIs or a Lu Shangs?
 Bismarck.Altar
Server: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2012-08-25 22:03:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Hakuryu
You can get them with a Lu technically, but you're going to want to use an Ebisu rod.
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-08-25 22:04:23
Link | Quote | Reply

you'll need at least lvl 90 fishing, an Ebisu Fishing Rod which will run you in the ballpark of 10 million, and Serpent Rumors KI which costs 95k GP, or about 6 weeks of turning in GP fish if you do it every day. Lu Shangs wont cut it on these fish, they'll break it every time you have a line snap which is a 1 in 3 chance. You'll also need to spend 150-200k in bait and fish for anywhere from 16-20 hours each day if you want to reach the 210 fatigue cap on them. Needless to say it's not recommended for everybody.
 Leviathan.Kuryomi
Server: Leviathan
user: Kuryomi
By Leviathan.Kuryomi 2012-08-25 22:29:37
Link | Quote | Reply

wow then thats a horrible idea for making a lil fast cash. Im honestly just looking for something to make a mil or 2 a day within a 2 hour or so time frame
 Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Inspectorgadget 2012-08-25 22:31:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a great long term gil maker, short term youre better off farming Qilins for Heavy Metals or something else.
 Carbuncle.Snoochybooch
Server: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Snoochybooch 2012-08-25 23:30:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
wow then thats a horrible idea for making a lil fast cash. Im honestly just looking for something to make a mil or 2 a day within a 2 hour or so time frame

Lolwut?

No such thing with fishing, Hakus take much longer to than that to even pull up 75
 Odin.Drgg
Server: Odin
user: Seravolk
By Odin.Drgg 2012-08-25 23:37:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Leviathan.Kuryomi said: »
Level BLU and CW Burn trials for people. It's amazing what someone will pay to finish 300 kills in an hour or so.