By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 17:58:27
Link | Quote | Reply

08-01-2012 05:43 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Leviathan.Malthar said: »
Oh by the way, pet TH gear?

So SE, where are these pet th+ gear you promised bst for gimping th on Yuley and Falcorr? The beastmaster community would like to know.

Hey Malthar,

Firstly, there was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

We received positive and negative feedback about the adjustment of Treasure Hunter for Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr, and we would like to let you know that this was to keep the overall balance amongst other jobs and their Treasure Hunter effects. After thorough review, we are starting to see the results we intended to meet, so there are no plans to make any further Treasure Hunter adjustments to these pets.

We definitely understand the intense discussions these changes have brought about, especially regarding obtaining currency through Dynamis and Beastmaster's qualities, but please understand that the these adjustments were necessary after reviewing the drop results.
Subscribe

08-02-2012 02:26 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Greetings,

Please understand that the original message that I posted was not intended as a guarantee that we will be adding this kind of gear in the future. This was meant to only be an example of how the pet’s Treasure Hunter could be enhanced to a higher level. While this does not rule out any possibility of adding equipment like this in the future, it was never a promise that it would be implemented.
Subscribe
[+]
 Sylph.Kiaru
Server: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-08-01 17:59:10
Link | Quote | Reply

GOOD
[+]
By volkom 2012-08-01 17:59:12
Link | Quote | Reply

i read one word...

balance
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-01 17:59:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Is this the no-day at SE?
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 17:59:35
Link | Quote | Reply

....... and now Okipuit deleted his post?

Okay... what?
[+]
By volkom 2012-08-01 18:00:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
....... and now Okipuit deleted his post?

Okay... what?

forever engraved into the history of ffxiah
[+]
 Leviathan.Draylo
Server: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-08-01 18:00:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Take that BST!
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 18:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure what I should do... he deleted it for a reason >.>;
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-01 18:02:27
Link | Quote | Reply

I just had a cow.

Seriously though. Dynamis currency, at least on Cerberus, is at an all-time low. Almost 5k per T. shell. If they intended to make Dynamis currency less prevalent, they *** failed.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-08-01 18:03:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Quote:
Firstly, there was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.
Huh? That idea didn't originate with the playerbase, it was in an official post.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 18:04:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quote:
Huh? That idea didn't originate with the playerbase, it was an official post.
exactly...

I think that is why he deleted his post so quickly, to fix his information before everyone reads it.

Oops :x
[+]
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2012-08-01 18:04:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Quote:
Huh? That idea didn't originate with the playerbase, it was in an official post.

Damn str8 it was!!!
 Quetzalcoatl.Kryno
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: 6souls
By Quetzalcoatl.Kryno 2012-08-01 18:05:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Is this the no-day at SE?

Has there ever been a "yes day?" Most of the Dev comments are creative ways to say "no."
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-01 18:06:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Kali bullying the rep team now. For shame Kali, for shame!
[+]
 Valefor.Angeluzun
Server: Valefor
user: Angeluzun
By Valefor.Angeluzun 2012-08-01 18:07:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I never took my bst into dyna while the gettin' was good still I regret nothing. Mostly funny that the post got... nuked?
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 18:10:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Undeleted now....

08-01-2012 05:43 PM
[source]
Okipuit
Community Rep

Greetings BSTs,

We received positive and negative feedback about the adjustment of Treasure Hunter for Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr, and we would like to let you know that this was to keep the overall balance amongst other jobs and their Treasure Hunter effects. After thorough review, we are starting to see the results we intended to meet, so there are no plans to make any further Treasure Hunter adjustments to these pets.

We definitely understand the intense discussions these changes have brought about, especially regarding obtaining currency through Dynamis and Beastmaster's qualities, but please understand that the these adjustments were necessary after reviewing the drop results.

Leviathan.Malthar said: »
Oh by the way, pet TH gear?

So SE, where are these pet th+ gear you promised bst for gimping th on Yuley and Falcorr? The beastmaster community would like to know.

There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.
Subscribe

So.. yea
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-01 18:12:18
Link | Quote | Reply

He gonna delete again and repost same thing again in a different order.
[+]
By ScaevolaBahamut 2012-08-01 18:15:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not really sure what anybody's expecting to go on here.
 Bismarck.Misao
Server: Bismarck
user: misacat
By Bismarck.Misao 2012-08-01 18:17:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I think he reposted cause he prolly thought he was sounding rude toward Malthar? lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Kaari
user: Kaari
By Quetzalcoatl.Kaari 2012-08-01 18:17:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Lol finally something i agree with. :)
 Ragnarok.Blindphleb
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Blindphleb 2012-08-01 18:18:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Source:
These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
[+]
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-08-01 18:19:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Digging up the post this whole thing started from.

02-02-2012 05:25 PM
[source]
Camate
Community Rep

Treasure Hunter Effect Amongst Jobs

As an adjustment to the balance of Treasure Hunter at level 99, the below pets will have their Treasure Hunter effect changed to Treasure Hunter I.

-Dipper Yuly
-Faithful Falcorr
※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.

Here is the premise regarding the hierarchy of the Treasure Hunter effect (from strongest to weakest).

1. Thief

2. Ranger

3. Support job thief

4. Other jobs

※As ranger received the new “Bounty Shot” as a support ability, it is now slightly more beneficial than a support job Treasure Hunter when effectively used.

However, with the increase in the level cap from 75 to 99, this ordering has started to become ambiguous, so in order to clearly define the premise again, our current aim was to find adjustments appropriate to follow this.

The prime example of changes to this hierarchy were with the increase in the Treasure Hunter effect for familiar pets due to the level cap increase and we would like to start by adjusting this area.

The development team looked into routes to adjust this, such as changing the pet’s job, lowering the stats of the pets in exchange for not lowering the Treasure Hunter effect, revamping the pet’s special abilities, etc., but ultimately they made the decision to preserve their fighting capabilities and only reduce their Treasure Hunter effect. To go along with this adjustment, we will be easing up on the materials required to synthesize “Lucky Broth” which created with the basis of the Treasure Hunter effect in mind.
※The current focus of this adjustment is for familiar pets, but in the future if automatons and avatars are given Treasure Hunter, we will be adopting the same policy.

To give a bit more insight, the development team looked into a completely different direction on this at first, exploring if they could establish proper balance to follow this idea by changing the drop rate table. However, if they were to change the drop rates, the obtainment rate for every single item would change and the effects would be too drastic, so they came to the conclusion that they would not be adjusting the drop rates.
Subscribe
[+]
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-08-01 18:20:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Classic SE. BARANCE
 Phoenix.Baelorn
user: Baelorn
By Phoenix.Baelorn 2012-08-01 18:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey, they have to keep THF relevant somehow.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero
By Quetzalcoatl.Absolutezero 2012-08-01 18:21:41
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know, I remember for a fact they mentioned th+ gear for pets before... I'm not sure what to make of this.

Edit: late posting but that's what I was talking about above. Good to know I'm not crazy
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2012-08-01 18:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

In seriousness though. They should never have nerfed BST TH and promised TH gears in the first place. Was there anything wrong with the prior system? No. So some JPs or whatever bitched about it and SE nerfed it.

An addendum: Yuly and Falcorr (at first) weren't cheap pets either. Yuly still isn't (thanks to Chigoes only being stolen or harvested).
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-08-01 18:41:02
Link | Quote | Reply

They should have made a BST only scythe with the added effect of Occ. increases TH level. Just for the lulz.
 Cerberus.Elistriell
By Cerberus.Elistriell 2012-08-01 18:47:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
I just had a cow.

Seriously though. Dynamis currency, at least on Cerberus, is at an all-time low. Almost 5k per T. shell. If they intended to make Dynamis currency less prevalent, they *** failed.

You're complaining about that why? Just means relics are slightly easier, albeit time consuming, to obtain. To prove my point, I got to stage 4 horn before setting foot in Dynamis at all, which come to think of it was a total waste of money given how easy it is now (with a little practice)

I do foresee currency prices starting to bottom out, now that an abundance of people are completing relics.
 Bismarck.Helel
Server: Bismarck
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2012-08-01 18:47:11
Link | Quote | Reply

BST was never the best job to farm dynamis at any point in time, even before the TH nerf, so, basically, who cares.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
Server: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2012-08-01 18:49:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Helel said: »
BST was never the best job to farm dynamis at any point in time, even before the TH nerf, so, basically, who cares.

Care to explain why?
First Page 2 ... 8 9 10