By Latifah 2012-07-31 15:58:46
Link | Quote | Reply

the bst 2hrs is rly good. and the smn 2hrs haves a lot of potential for zerging
By volkom 2012-07-31 16:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Zagen said: »
volkom said: »
drk gets absorb tp per hit?

wouldn't that imply that they would be near 100% tp full time if they spammed resolution or something?
1-2 hits + WS at best as no add effects proc on WS and that assumes the monster has TP and the effect is strong enough to drain more than 1-2 TP a hit.

well i was thinking if you had a lot of people hitting the same mob. then it would just be generating tp like mad so
/shrug
 Asura.Zaphir
Server: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: zaphir
By Asura.Zaphir 2012-07-31 16:00:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Ina said: »
Bismarck.Ihina said: »
If THF's new 2hr, "Major damage is dealt to the enemy and all enmity will be transferred to the player standing in front." works as I imagine, as in perma-TA status, then this will be the best thing ever.
I think its a single attack + you drop your currently built enmity onto the person in frount of you... atleast thats what I got from it

I really hope this is wrong. THF doesn't need another worthless 2hr. =/
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Server: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-07-31 16:03:43
Link | Quote | Reply

More useful than perfect dodge, I'll take it. Free instant high damage+enmity transfer is ok with me.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Server: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-07-31 16:06:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Urteil said: »
The only thing DRK really needs is something to use my 800mp on.

My damage output is quite fine.

Impact! 130-150 TP return in STP set!
 Bismarck.Zagen
Server: Bismarck
user: Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-07-31 16:11:40
Link | Quote | Reply

drk gets absorb tp per hit?

wouldn't that imply that they would be near 100% tp full time if they spammed resolution or something?
1-2 hits + WS at best as no add effects proc on WS and that assumes the monster has TP and the effect is strong enough to drain more than 1-2 TP a hit.

well i was thinking if you had a lot of people hitting the same mob. then it would just be generating tp like mad so
/shrug
Haha ya I assume so just thinking of mobs that like to spam TP moves.

I'm just hoping the drain amount is worth using... would be awesome if this could drop a swing or 2 in X hit builds
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-07-31 16:16:57
Link | Quote | Reply

The new Monk 2 Hour seems pretty great to me. When is Hundred Fists even used now after all.

But, I think I'm excited for Nin more than anything. It's kind of terrible but at least the job will have a two hour used for something besides death warping now.
 Siren.Thoraeon
Server: Siren
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2012-07-31 16:22:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
The new Monk 2 Hour seems pretty great to me. When is Hundred Fists even used now after all.

But, I think I'm excited for Nin more than anything. It's kind of terrible but at least the job will have a two hour used for something besides death warping now.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2012-07-31 16:26:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Completely serious. Even if it isn't something all that great, I'd probably use it more than Mijin at least(Besides RR>Mijin>No weakness).
But I don't use Nin for anything important as my Nin is just god awful.

Or was that about HF? Need something more than an image macro.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-31 16:29:21
Link | Quote | Reply

If THF's new 2hr, "Major damage is dealt to the enemy and all enmity will be transferred to the player standing in front." works as I imagine, as in perma-TA status, then this will be the best thing ever.
I think its a single attack + you drop your currently built enmity onto the person in frount of you... atleast thats what I got from it

Every 2hr thus far is duration-based. Every other new 2hr looks to be duration based as well.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-07-31 16:30:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Every 2hr thus far is duration-based. Every other new 2hr looks to be duration based as well.
Benediction, Eagle Eye Shot, and Mijin Gakure say wha?
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-31 16:32:50
Link | Quote | Reply

The NIN 2hr is arguably less useful than Mijin. The most significant thing a NIN might tank that warrants the parry increase is an old content MNK, and we already have Issekigan for that. The ninjutsu recast reduction is of minor relevance even for solo NINs (useless for the rest). You either waste it while you finish going around the wheel or it lets you cycle back to an element you have merited slightly sooner.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2012-07-31 16:33:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I'll use it too cap parrying, that's about it!
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-07-31 16:38:55
Link | Quote | Reply

They mentioned that these two hours will be able to be enhanced through Group 3 merits though right?

That could have a glimmer of hope for adding additional effects to these.
 Bismarck.Ihina
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-07-31 16:39:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, you got me. Throw in wild card too.

God I hope you're all wrong and thf 2hr isn't a 1-hit thing.
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-07-31 16:39:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Asura.Ruzoko said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
What? DRK's is very likely going to be the best of them all. That ***is straight up broken if it functions even close to the same way as Blood Weapon does.
IF it functions the same way, IF it steals TP the enemy already has then it wont be as good as it seems, be really crappy if its anything like absorb TP, mob has no tp u get nadda.

You're ignoring the fact that its applications in any sort of content where you have more than 3 people swinging at something will be astronomical, both offensively and defensively. The description says steals TP, i.e., a DRK can potentially lock down a monster's use of TP completely for the duration of the JA.
agreed, much more useful than blood weapon.
 Bismarck.Zagen
By Bismarck.Zagen 2012-07-31 16:40:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Alright, you got me. Throw in wild card too.

I hope so too just to be clear lol
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-07-31 16:46:12
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
I'll use it too cap parrying, that's about it!
Job combo with access to Curing Waltz, PDT gear, grab 10 or so mandies, afk for a while with Spellcast or AutoExec on, rinse and repeat til capped. 2hrsayswhat? You could probably cap from 75-era cap level in less than 2 hours doing that.

Well, maybe not quite cap since they'll be a little too low for that unless you level them up, but close enough.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 17:04:02
Link | Quote | Reply

That's what the description is...
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-07-31 17:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

I love the BLM one :p
Can nuke even harder now without having to worry about hate. MP is never an issue.
WHM one is also nice if you don't have a smn and are zerging something for example. Can just put it up before and no need to worry about enfeebles.
THF one has potential depending on how strong it is. Still better than PD in most cases.
DRK sounds nice if the effect is not 1tp/hit.
BST is nice just for the reraise.
BRD is my new friend now. Even more nuke damage!
RNG is atleast better than EES.
SMN sounds really nice.
PUP is good I guess?

I like most of them. I don't understand why so many are crying because of them. What did you expect? Some uber ultra hardcore abilities? It's not like they are replacing the old 2 hours. I'm sure there will be a use for every one of them. Just gotta find them.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 17:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Seriously how are you guys honestly expecting the drk tp drain to be 5/tp a hit on a 2hour that will probably only have a 30-45s duration. Given drks ability to swing fast (they don't make these 2hs JUST to zerg), they have to think the average to shitty-geared drk is gonna swing a few times per 2h. Do you really think that it's a 2h that they designed to only be good at haste cap with every haste buff? No... They are going to give you quite a decent bit of tp per swing on this. My only concern, is that people aren't going to use this defensively properly. If you can tp lock an NM for say 30-45s this 2h could be godly.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-07-31 17:29:01
Link | Quote | Reply

I agree but don't forget what happens if it is too good? You could just DRK zerg everything.
 Asura.Koconoe
user: Kokonoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2012-07-31 17:30:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm beginning to think that all of Dragoon's problems deal with the fact that it is a pet job. Or Square-Enix, but still.

I often wonder how it'd be like without the Wyvern.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 17:31:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Koconoe said: »
I'm beginning to think that all of Dragoon's problems deal with the fact that it is a pet job. Or Square-Enix, but still.

So play 14. Drg in 14 is dope lol
 Asura.Koconoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2012-07-31 17:32:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »

They added Dragoon?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 17:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
I agree but don't forget what happens if it is too good? You could just DRK zerg everything.

Well you see that's just it. Defensively, it's NOT a zerg 2h. It's a TP-lock, organized 2h use JA. It's so very promising.

On a side note. I actually like this drg one. Spirit Surge is good and all (for what it's worth. I'm glad call wyvern isn't the 2h anymore lol), but this one could be great. If it really does morph the wyvern into a bigger one (even if Guivre size wyvern) it would be great hehe
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-07-31 17:34:14
Link | Quote | Reply

They added Dragoon?

A long time ago. They added advanced jobs. Monk, Paladin, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Warrior, and Bard.
 Phoenix.Dabackpack
MSPaint Winner
By Phoenix.Dabackpack 2012-07-31 17:34:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Square-Enix told us a long time ago that these abilities would not REPLACE the current 2-hours, but would rather suit different situations. That's why they came out this way.

I can see most of these being used in (at least) niche situations, but for the most part, the regular 2-hours are more useful. That's why these suck.

There are a few good ones, though.
 Asura.Koconoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2012-07-31 17:39:30
Link | Quote | Reply

They added Dragoon?

A long time ago. They added advanced jobs. Monk, Paladin, White Mage, Black Mage, Dragoon, Warrior, and Bard.
I just saw some of the images, and I think I'm going to resub to check this out in the next few weeks.

FFXI's been getting stale lately.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 6 7 8 ... 29 30 31