A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 99 100 101
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-25 09:38:39
Link | Quote | Reply

I think I read that that grimoire reductions are part of the JA phase, and therefore capped at 25%
[+]
 Carbuncle.Xenhas
Server: Carbuncle
user: Xenhas
By Carbuncle.Xenhas 2014-08-25 11:48:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Calatilla said: »
I've never seen the benefit of Myrkr on SCH for me (or any mage), I`m never equipping the same weapon long enough to gain 1000tp, unless I`m melee and why would I be doing that.

If you're spamming nukes/enfeebs with the same staff, it wouldn't be a horrible idea to lock your weapon slot. Gaining tp back and using myrkyr could return more MP overall compared to a refresh club which gets swapped out faster than the refresh ticks can benefit you.

Depending on what you're nuking too, you'll probably gain tp faster and recover minimum 20% mp with myrkyr, which is more than you'd get from the club over a few minutes anyways.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-08-25 16:22:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Trying to improve my mule stun set, then poped some doubts.

Mule gear (just pieces relevant to stunning):

Fast cast:
Gendewitha gages+1: 7
Orumilla torque: 5
Swith cape: 3
Artsieq hase: 5
Prolix: 2
Incantor: 2
Total FC: 24 (recast12)

Haste:
Pedagogy mortaboard: 5
Academic loafers: 3
Hagondes coat+1: 3
Gendewitha gages: 1
Artsieq hose: 5
Ninurta sash: 6
Total haste: 23

1) considering the grimoire reduction from relic head, artifact feet and dark arts, that result in 28% recast reduction. Suposing the fast cast cap is 80%, so 40% in recast, that means any fast cast above 24% is irrelevant to recast?

2) with marchx2 (+4 march) and haste, the above gearset results in 10 secs recast. With ionis, the set results in 9 secs recast. But my excel is giving me some different results. Without ionis and not flooring anything, it results in 9.745. So, the question is: is the recast timer floored or rounded?

3) so, someone knows the haste bonus from ionis?

1) i tested with a cor casting caster rolls, got a lucky number, that according with table, its around 15% fc, but my recast was still 9 secs.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-25 21:54:15
Link | Quote | Reply

9 seconds should be the hard cap.

45 sec base recast
X
80% total recast reduction from all sources
=
9 seconds
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Server: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-26 08:32:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

45 sec base recast
X
=
9 seconds

Yep, the only way to get less than a 9 second recast is with JA.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-26 14:45:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Was looking at a Myrkr set. I miss anything?

Head aug'd with MP+30, body path C

ItemSet 327638

Edit: Hume, by the way. So no Brook Gages. :(

With Venabulum's extra 50 MP, sub BLM and 15 MP merits it should be giving 494 MP at 1000 TP, 890 MP at 2000 TP and 1214 MP at 3000 TP (after changing Moonshade to Gifted).

Double Edit: Changed stuff around. MP+60 on head and MP+30 on hands now. New #s below!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-26 15:06:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Going for Max MP?

Can swap Fenrir +1 for Sangoma. Has 15 more MP.

Rest looks good.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-26 15:12:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks. Fixed.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-26 15:17:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Just shy of 500 MP at 1000tp. Maybe we should consider keeping weapons locked full time, if we are nuking, that is.
 Asura.Fiv
Server: Asura
user: Gares
By Asura.Fiv 2014-08-26 16:28:14
Link | Quote | Reply

I already do, but i'm using tups so im already locking, and alternating between myrkr and omniscience, its far more mp efficient for an offensive play style.

Edit: Oh and i add Adloquium to my sustained buffs for solo too, its 46 mp > 1200 tp (perp'd).
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-27 02:58:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Was HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and forgot about the +30 MP you can get from the shared augment pool and also Ionis' MP bonus! So +60 on hat and +30 on hands. Makes new Myrkr values:

545 MP at 1000 TP
981 MP at 2000 TP
1335 MP at 3000 TP (Moonshade swapped to Gifted)

Pretty nice. Been tanking WKRs and not even needing Sublimation.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-27 03:24:51
Link | Quote | Reply

You counted those in your first gear post. Did you forget to add them into your calculation?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-27 03:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

No. I had Thrift Gloves and only +30 MP on head at first. Just edited the post and not the calculations so now it looks messy!

Fixed sorta.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-27 03:42:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, damn you Llewelyn. Making me have to carry around another damn gearset!
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-27 03:45:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Also, I don't have all the gear in the set yet, but Nares Trews is giving me 80 MP right now, so that and Llwyd's Clogs should be better in the end. (Yay no Spurrina Slops)
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-08-27 03:56:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Are they base MP or base +MP with gear?
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-27 04:01:36
Link | Quote | Reply

With gear.
 Odin.Acacia
user: Acacia
By Odin.Acacia 2014-08-27 19:41:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Jassik said: »

45 sec base recast
X
=
9 seconds

Is Caster's Roll separate from normal fast cast? I swear I've had lower then 9 sec recast when I had COR using that on me.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-27 19:55:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Acacia said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »

45 sec base recast
X
=
9 seconds

Is Caster's Roll separate from normal fast cast? I swear I've had lower then 9 sec recast when I had COR using that on me.

Recast reduction caps at 80% with Alacrity/Celerity being the only exception I know of outside of quickmagic, chainspell, and spontaneity.
By Chimerawizard 2014-08-28 22:29:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Question, have you confirmed if convert HP -> MP gear effects Myrkr return? Also, Should I add any of the WS sets to the OP? If so, what section? (I'm thinking end of the Economics section or maybe just after weapons)

Pantafernando said: »
1) considering the grimoire reduction from relic head, artifact feet and dark arts, that result in 28% recast reduction. Suposing the fast cast cap is 80%, so 40% in recast, that means any fast cast above 24% is irrelevant to recast?

2) with marchx2 (+4 march) and haste, the above gearset results in 10 secs recast. With ionis, the set results in 9 secs recast. But my excel is giving me some different results. Without ionis and not flooring anything, it results in 9.745. So, the question is: is the recast timer floored or rounded?

3) so, someone knows the haste bonus from ionis?
1) not sure what you mean, but stack however much fastcast you can get away with while staying at haste cap. it can only help.

2) Are you viewing it with the Timers plugin? if so, make sure its showing more than just integers if you want to see a more exact. If you are viewing in-game, it should be showing you 10~11sec on the game's clock if you get back into the menu fast enough.

3) 2%, not sure on the exact # though. I'd guess 20/1024. Just try to hit 24% in gear and keep ionis up.

45 sec base recast
X
=
9 seconds
Quote:
BGWiki
There is no longer a quantifiable "minimum" recast.

Should be simple to check if someone has gear & friends on...mine weren't on today. If anyone has a +5 song bard, 24%+ionis gear haste, Apajamas II, a COR friend, and timers plugin.
I'd bet 7sec recast would be pretty simple to hit w/ bard and corsair.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-28 22:43:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Question, have you confirmed if convert HP -> MP gear effects Myrkr return?
I can check real quick; don't see why it wouldn't, though.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-28 22:58:38
Link | Quote | Reply

It does. Had Influx Earring and Bifrost Ring equipped and a total of 1401 MP. Used Myrkr at 300% TP and got 840 MP back (60% MP)

By Chimerawizard 2014-08-29 16:16:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I remember something about HP+/MP+ Converts HP->MP gear having somewhat different effects on some piece of gear I used @75cap. though it wasn't sorc. ring... wish I could remember what it was, neck piece perhaps?

Just finished my Hvergelmir finally. Took like 5 hours to get the remaining 30 azdaja horns. (never going past 90 unless the HMP is significantly reduced or I have enough time to make it 119 just for trolling purposes)

EDIT: Uggalepih Pendant was the item with weird rules.
ffxiclopedia said:
Latent effect: "Magic Atk. Bonus"

This effect is equivalent to Magic Atk. Bonus +8.
Active while MP is less than 51%. This is calculated at the completion of the spell and only includes MP bonuses from visible equipment (Head, Body, Hands, Legs, and Feet) and merits. "Convert HP to MP" effects are not included in this calculation.
 Phoenix.Mudrunner
Server: Phoenix
user: Mudrunner
By Phoenix.Mudrunner 2014-08-29 21:17:56
Link | Quote | Reply

5 hours to collect some horns. Or could had just spent a couple hours in Dyna/salvage and bought everything needed. No offense. Just some times I don't understand the thought process some people have.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-29 21:48:40
Link | Quote | Reply

I went and made the 90 Emp also just 'cause I was bored (*** dyna and salvage; that makes me even more bored). Actually took me 5 hours to get all 75. lol :x But some LS mates come out and cleaved some ***for me for gold boxes.
[+]
 Siren.Bruno
Server: Siren
user: BruHouse
By Siren.Bruno 2014-09-02 15:32:56
Link | Quote | Reply

referring to the "non-Gearswap" and "Gearswap only" precasts in the main post, was using a Precast set utilizing Occ. Quickens Spellcasting w/o Gearswap actually ever tested before? I got on my dualbox's recently burned SCH and tried it out w/ vanilla macros since I was curious..

Had Impatiens in my ammo slot, tested Cure 1 both with and without a Cure Potency piece (in this case, I used Tamaxchi). Cure 1 healed for 51 HP without Tamaxchi on, and healed for 62 with it equipped. So I let some mandies beat me down to 200 HP after knowing this, and had 2 seperate macros, one macro that unequipped Tamaxchi, and the other was a /ma "Cure" <me>, and equipped Tamaxchi on the second line, no /waits involved whatsoever, and just kept cycling between the two until I got a quickcast proc. Had no Fast Cast pieces on either, so it would be apparent when it happened. When I eventually got an instacast, Cure healed for 62 HP. I figure if "Occ quickens spellcasting" pieces were supposedly unable to be used without Gearswap, that it would have healed for 51 HP as suggested in the main post, thinking the spell went off still in my "precast" set, but this showed me otherwise.

I've also tested this on my main's BRD. popped Nightingale, used Paeon having it equip Brioso Roundlet on the second line of the macro with no /waits, and still got the extra 1 hp/tic off it.

sorry if this was pointed out before!
By Chimerawizard 2014-09-03 06:47:10
Link | Quote | Reply

hmm, well I know that I never saw my instacasts pop off in my full nuke set when I was using spellcast, but w/ gearswap it will.

I'll also want to test for myself later when I can get online by swapping in & out impatiens & the m.dmg ammo and no other gear.
precast macro: Impatiens
spell macro: /ma Stone
Dosis
to make sure instacast is even possible like that.

I'll adjust the op after I've played around with it a few minutes.

EDIT: forgot to test yesterday. adjusted the OP.
 Cerberus.Spirachub
Server: Cerberus
user: Spiraboo
By Cerberus.Spirachub 2014-09-03 07:23:26
Link | Quote | Reply

I think the difference here is he didn't put any waits in between his precast and midcast sets. If you use spellcast you'd probably have put a cast delay in there somewhere.

I think the question is would you be getting the full benefit of your fastcast stuff when instacast doesn't proc? i.e. would you have 20% cast time on your cures if you put your FC stuff back in. I suspect the effects of precast set might not be reliable in this scenario.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-09-06 17:56:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Does magic accuracy or some other stat affect the accuracy rate of Modus Veritas?
First Page 2 3 ... 24 25 26 ... 99 100 101