A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 99 100 101
By failacious 2013-07-14 03:18:50
Link | Quote | Reply

how much ahead is fully upgraded bokwus head compared to new hat? Don't know if worth the extra inventory space if super marginal. Would use the new hat for enfeebs/helix already
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-15 02:03:12
Link | Quote | Reply

failacious said: »
how much ahead is fully upgraded bokwus head compared to new hat? Don't know if worth the extra inventory space if super marginal. Would use the new hat for enfeebs/helix already
Pretty close actually. Its actually ahead of bokwus on harder mobs before counting acc. I'm actually thinking i'ma take bokwus out of my default inventory cause even on REALLY weak mobs (bees by jeuno) is only about 20 damage on a 5600dmg nuke, and that difference gets smaller as mob goes up.

Edit: Lol, speaking of bokwus, I just noticed it is too big for the box :3

[+]
By failacious 2013-07-15 02:04:35
Link | Quote | Reply

good to hear, thank you for the info :)
 Ragnarok.Achira
Server: Ragnarok
user: Achira
By Ragnarok.Achira 2013-07-17 12:26:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Did anyone change their merits? I find that if I'm asked to come as SCH to events, I'm coming to stun and not much else matters. I looked at my merits the other day and thought that they're not really focused towards a sch in current end game events, or at least not the way it seems to be atm.

Any thoughts on this?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-17 12:54:10
Link | Quote | Reply

I currently have 5/5 helix dmg and sublimation. Maybe grim recast could be swapped in if you think of some valid use for it based on your play style. I personally only ever would notice it when I screw up which I like to tell myself I don't do enough to warrant it.

For group 2 5/5 stromsurge is the given and then it would be between focalization and enlightenment. I would do one of these 2:

Option 1) 1/5 enlightenment and 4/5 focal as occasionally 20 magic acc could be helpful.
Option 2) 5/5 enlightenment for helix/kaustra dmg.

I don't think I'd do anything other than that as the stratagems are pretty much worthless when not 4~5/5. Option 1 is probably better for most of the player base, but with a reliable ls and top line gear nothing needs the acc from focal and option 2 has a good case.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-07-20 14:18:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Looking at your sets, bookworm's cape beats twilight cape? Also looking at your enfeebling set, wouldn't the buremette hat win over natirah hat (my spelling of these sucks bear with me).
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-21 09:06:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Bookworm actually does beat twilight (at least for everything I plugged in numbers for which is i'm relatively sure the entire spectrum. Can take twilight out of inventory unless you plan to be light-weather healing.

You are right on Burm being better than nahtirah, but that won't last for long. Natirah is getting even sexier next update.
 Diabolos.Yugl
Server: Diabolos
user: Yugl
By Diabolos.Yugl 2013-07-21 09:19:17
Link | Quote | Reply

When radec used mote's DPS sheet, he had burm winning against Naritah still. When you look at the stats, you're comparing 1INT v 35 Magic Damage. Buremte Hat definitely still beats Naritah hat.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-21 10:06:39
Link | Quote | Reply

The question about heads was aimed at enfeebling.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-07-22 05:06:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Buremte hat would still win for enfeebling IMO:

Nahtirah Hat
DEF:96 HP+70 MP+70
STR+17 DEX+17 VIT+17 AGI+17 INT+25 MND+25 CHR+25
Magic Accuracy+10
Evasion+36 Magic Evasion+75 Magic Defense+5
Enhances Fast Cast effect
Haste+5%

Buremte Hat Rare Ex
[Head] All Races
DEF:56 HP+28 MP+30 STR+20 DEX+20 VIT+20 AGI+20 INT+24 MND+24 CHR+24 Magic Accuracy+15 Magic damage+35 Evasion+28 Magic Evasion+65

I personally would use the Buremte Hat. It comes down to 1 int and 1 mnd vs 5 magic acc.
 Ragnarok.Bepe
By Ragnarok.Bepe 2013-07-22 05:10:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Well if you were dispelling i Guess you would use nahtirah for dat dispel recast!
 Lakshmi.Tadakichi
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Tadakichi 2013-07-25 13:26:47
Link | Quote | Reply

I noticed in the SCH stun set proposed in the guide that the Haste stuff has been dropped for more M.Acc. Are people gearing more for M.Acc now and not capping gear Haste to ~25%-26%?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-25 13:30:24
Link | Quote | Reply

The targets (delve bosses) that scholars are more focused on now actually require magic acc to keep reliably stunning for as long as possible. Most old content max recast reduction sets are still likely preferable, though there wont be much of a noticeable difference between them on most things.
By kenshynofshiva 2013-07-25 13:46:55
Link | Quote | Reply

When the next update hits the +macc on the new staffs are gonna be beyond insane lol. Talk about time to regear again lol...

Atinian Staff +1
DMG:158 Delay:356
INT+13 MND+13
Magic Accuracy+191 Magic Attack Bonus+26
Magic Damage+205
Staff Skill+228 Parrying Skill+228
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-25 13:53:55
Link | Quote | Reply

For nuking headpieces BLM guide says Bokwus Rank 15, and this guide says Buremte, which is better? Is it possible that the Magic Damage +?? performs better on lower tier magic and MAB is better for higher tiers? If that's the case where do we draw the line to split up the spells?
By Chimerawizard 2013-07-26 13:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
The targets (delve bosses) that scholars are more focused on now actually require magic acc to keep reliably stunning for as long as possible. Most old content max recast reduction sets are still likely preferable, though there wont be much of a noticeable difference between them on most things.
Is it different for the other areas? I stunned Tojil reliably for 8 minutes with blinkmenot on and ... wearing a kirin's pole. I didn't miss a one.

I must have had some nice geo buffs/debuffs because a week ago w/ a much better m.acc set I couldn't land stun for ####.
By failacious 2013-07-27 05:57:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »
For nuking headpieces BLM guide says Bokwus Rank 15, and this guide says Buremte, which is better? Is it possible that the Magic Damage +?? performs better on lower tier magic and MAB is better for higher tiers? If that's the case where do we draw the line to split up the spells?

Unless I'm mistaken, the answer to your question is literally on this page >.>
 Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Hidegger
By Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger 2013-07-27 08:20:23
Link | Quote | Reply

failacious said: »
Quetzalcoatl.Hidegger said: »

Unless I'm mistaken, the answer to your question is literally on this page >.>

Tested with Magian affinity Staves, Tamaxchi or something else? My curiosity lies with the upcoming adjustments and stacking pieces that have Magic Damage + VS an Affinity staff or INT/MAB piece. Where do I figure how much Magic Damage = 1 MAB or 1 INT and Does that value change significantly at certain points when casting different tiers?
 Lakshmi.Feint
Server: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-08-06 14:25:36
Link | Quote | Reply

For Macc staff, would the updated Soothsayer staff be good enough to stun tojil?
 Fenrir.Solanis
Server: Fenrir
user: Solanis
By Fenrir.Solanis 2013-08-06 15:44:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
For Macc staff, would the updated Soothsayer staff be good enough to stun tojil?

Do yourself a favor and invest the few hours required to get the magian stun staff. The recast reduction makes a world of difference.
 Shiva.Borgan
Server: Shiva
user: Borgan
By Shiva.Borgan 2013-08-08 19:33:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Looks like some sexy new pieces to add in.

Hagondes Cuffs
+20 Macc Haste +3%

Hagondes Pants - WOW
+27INT +25MAB +10MDmg Haste +4%

Weatherspool Souliers
+9INT +10MAB Haste +3%

Revamped Bokwus Circlet..?
R15 would be MAB+13 INT+23

On another note, the rng smiled on me and I got SCH cape as my first cape drop from a reive!
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-08-08 21:49:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm sorry, i've been hard core into Monstawsomety and haven't been motivated at all for this, promise i'll do it soon!

Also gratz on sch cape!
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-09 15:19:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any decent alternates for the ring and neck slot for the stun set? No shark kill yet, and no rings dropped in legion.
 Shiva.Borgan
Server: Shiva
user: Borgan
By Shiva.Borgan 2013-08-09 17:03:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Are there any decent alternates for the ring and neck slot for the stun set? No shark kill yet, and no rings dropped in legion.

Balrahn's ring, from ToAU completion is MAcc +4
Omega ring from Einherjar is MAcc +3
Prolix Ring for FC.

For neck, could use a Augmented FC Jeweled Collar from gold boxes in Aby - La Theine
Aesir's Torque for Dark Skill.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-08-09 18:18:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys. I totally forgot about Balhrans Ring and Omegas.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-08-12 01:34:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Sets kinda updated: interesting fun fact Voay is better than atinian/ToM for higher teir nukes basically across the board and +1 is even better. Credit to Yugl/Nubbinater for drawing it to my attention.

I used the gear from next update, sorry for any confusion it causes for the next week or 2 before late august update.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-08-12 02:26:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Sets kinda updated: interesting fun fact Voay is better than atinian/ToM for higher teir nukes basically across the board and +1 is even better. Credit to Yugl/Nubbinater for drawing it to my attention.

I used the gear from next update, sorry for any confusion it causes for the next week or 2 before late august update.

Great work buddy. Still looking forward to a skill chain guide from you. Used sch to solo reives and farm items for run/geo AF pieces. Most mobs did die upon a skill chain craft able pieces

But back on topic, this staff you mention is better than a fully upgraded soothslayer as well right? That's for nukes, kaustra and helixes.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 99 100 101