A Scholar's Education (Guide)

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Scholar » A Scholar's Education (Guide)
A Scholar's Education (Guide)
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 99 100 101
 Odin.Sawtelle
Server: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-23 12:03:02
Link | Quote | Reply

very likely 5%. forgot sch got magic burst bonus trait.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
Server: Ragnarok
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-23 12:27:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »
I do have one though. It is about rings. Now I have three rings and I am not sure what combo would be the best for nukes.

Locus Ring & Mujin Ring
Locus Ring & Stendu Ring
If you are MBing Locus/Mujin should be best.

Thanks. This is probably good for our solo skill chains as well.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-24 22:12:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Added Kaustra calculator at the bottom of my Magic DMG calculator. When I first wrote the formula I accidently added pINT with eINT... lemme tell you what, the DMG from that was incredible. into the hundreds of thousands.

Suffice it to say, there's a good chance I still screwed it up somewhere. just send me a PM if you find any errors. Appears to be working correct currently.

I just changed to look so it all fits on the first page after I saw that someone tried to use Kaustra as the spell in the first catagory. I knew that would eventually happen.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-29 16:06:54
Link | Quote | Reply

I wanted to point out the new D armor set is the best Banish, banishga set of armor you can get if you get it to rank 15.

Oh the joy!
By duos 2013-05-30 08:49:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Currently building sets for sch and I would like to know if 500 is still desirable for Embrava ? In wiki it says haste caps at 500 skill is this true?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-30 09:48:41
Link | Quote | Reply

500skill is still where you get capped haste. It isn't as beneficial as it used to be, but its by no means a detriment. I would recommend trying for the 500skill set if its in your ability to get it.
By duos 2013-05-30 11:41:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks Sawtelle for the respond, Great job on the guide,

Messing around with stratagems I sometimes feel little lost to get the best use of them (best combination/when/where/what to use for x situation and so on). Lots of it comes from experience but any tips would help.

Whats your typical macro set looks like, would you have "fast cure" "potency cure" and so on or separate macros for spells and stratagems then manually combine them?
 Asura.Kurriko
Server: Asura
user: chasca
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-30 23:41:42
Link | Quote | Reply

For anyone thinking yeeeeeeeaaah I'm gonna mab augment all the bokwuss ***mad dawg nukes yo! I really want to stress the importance of macc. Im in no way saying you should augment robe with macc because you shouldnt, but you will need to look at macc trade offs in other slots. On certain delve NMs (cracklaw comes to mind) you're going to get quite a lot of resists. I had to swap in magian accuracy staff, along with klimastorm just to stop them half resisting every cast today in foret, and my nuke set is far from bad.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 00:38:23
Link | Quote | Reply

[/table]
Asura.Kurriko said: »
For anyone thinking yeeeeeeeaaah I'm gonna mab augment all the bokwuss ***mad dawg nukes yo! I really want to stress the importance of macc. Im in no way saying you should augment robe with macc because you shouldnt, but you will need to look at macc trade offs in other slots. On certain delve NMs (cracklaw comes to mind) you're going to get quite a lot of resists. I had to swap in magian accuracy staff, along with klimastorm just to stop them half resisting every cast today in foret, and my nuke set is far from bad.

Sea obi equals 100% macc with weather

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 00:57:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Schs need no macc. Leave that to the blms. Bgeiki sea obis plus weather if you dont understand. This also affects focalization ja. As it wont stack with sea obis.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-31 01:05:41
Link | Quote | Reply

duos said: »
Messing around with stratagems I sometimes feel little lost to get the best use of them (best combination/when/where/what to use for x situation and so on). Lots of it comes from experience but any tips would help.
Alacrity, parsimony or ebullience are going to be your best bet almost always. Alacrity is best if you have endless mp and can spam nukes as fast as possible (either from a short fight or lots of support). parsimony is best if you have a limited mp pool. Ebullience is best if you aren't nuking very commonly such as MBing nukes on kurma.

Whats your typical macro set looks like, would you have "fast cure" "potency cure" and so on or separate macros for spells and stratagems then manually combine them?
I play w/ windower on compy so I can use a mix of scripts and spellcast.

If I was to play not on computer, I would make 4-5 identical macro books, and only have the gear swaps be different. The first row would equip fast cast gear and start casting, the rest would be the actual gear set. Then I would set up a cycle through them with, I think, /book(I could be wrong about the exact command, but I know it exists). Then it would just take spamming the macro. Toss on your idle gear on an idle macro that returns you to first gear book.
For anyone thinking yeeeeeeeaaah I'm gonna mab augment all the bokwuss ***mad dawg nukes yo! I really want to stress the importance of macc. Im in no way saying you should augment robe with macc because you shouldnt, but you will need to look at macc trade offs in other slots.

^^^100% true statement. If you are planning on nuking the new stuff you should definitely be ready to see some resists if you don't make some swaps or have basically ideal gear. And I do mean acc swaps, not the acc stratagem. I stand by you will gain far more dmg using ebullience and making acc swaps than magic acc strat and normal MaB gear.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-05-31 01:09:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Schs need no macc. Leave that to the blms. Bgeiki sea obis plus weather if you dont understand. This also affects focalization ja. As it wont stack with sea obis.
Sea obis make the acc bonus on weather 100%. That doesn't mean you get 100% magic acc, it means the acc you get from weather (10%?) will always occur just like the damage.
[+]
 Asura.Kurriko
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-31 02:12:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, I didn't mean merit Focalization. I don't advise Focalization, I can't justify the stratagem use over Alacrity/Parsimony/Ebullience.

But slightly lower damage pieces with more accuracy are definitely worthwhile. Like I can't see myself ever suggesting Nares Cuffs over Morrigan+1 or Quauhpilli, even if they are slightly more powerful.

Ditto Stoichein over Saevus and a few others.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-31 03:27:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Whoever told you this is blowing smoke up your ***.

Focalization won't stack with sea obi since when? If you're using augmented af2+2 hat, then focalization forces the weather accuracy bonus without an obi 75% of the time (@ 5/5). THAT bonus won't stack (obi + 75% chance of obiless acc bonus), but focalizations acc will stack with weather bonus accuracy. If it didn't then the augment would be pointless. Are you nuking/enfeebling in Af2+2 hat???

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Argute_Mortarboard_%2B2

I wouldn't nuke with focalization, but it's nice for dispel on resistant mobs.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-31 08:44:49
Link | Quote | Reply

Who said sea obi = 100% m.acc? Ragnarok.Presidentobama
everything makes sense again. /slap ^

People own AF2+2 head?!

edit: @Phoenix.Thorbean
You confused me the way you wrote it. was thinking you were agreeing w/ p.obama for the first two reads.

The augment is pointless. (useful for putting in slip13)
AF2+2 just does the obi's job w/ m.acc half, and less often.

The Stratagem just increases m.acc irregardless of weather. Further merits give +5 m.acc each.

I think I'll finally have a use for those 5 merits I have just left in Modus Veritas since time immemorial.
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Server: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-31 09:31:07
Link | Quote | Reply

I forgot to add 25% base chance, so it's actually 100% chance to force weather accuracy bonus.

Still, nobody is nuking/enfeebling in af2+2, and you should have obi equipped for nukes anyway.
 Asura.Kurriko
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-31 10:54:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
I think I'll finally have a use for those 5 merits I have just left in Modus Veritas since time immemorial.
Good luck moving those 5 merits from a category 1 upgrade to a category 2 upgrade.

I have no idea why you didn't have Helix Macc/Mab and Sublimation merited from Cat 1 though.
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-31 14:54:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Cause I don't care about max sublimation.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 20:58:21
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Thorbean said: »
Whoever told you this is blowing smoke up your ***.

Ragnarok.Presidentobama said: »Schs need no macc. Leave that to the blms. Bgeiki sea obis plus weather if you dont understand. This also affects focalization ja. As it wont stack with sea obis.
Focalization won't stack with sea obi since when? If you're using augmented af2+2 hat, then focalization forces the weather accuracy bonus without an obi 75% of the time (@ 5/5). THAT bonus won't stack (obi + 75% chance of obiless acc bonus), but focalizations acc will stack with weather bonus accuracy. If it didn't then the augment would be pointless. Are you nuking/enfeebling in Af2+2 hat???

http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Argute_Mortarboard_%2B2

I wouldn't nuke with focalization, but it's nice for dispel on resistant mobs.

I never nuked in that head, but I did make it with the bonus affect.

But even if we lack magic acc, then you get a brd, cor or geo to Macc boost. D armor is like 50+ mil per piece. I wouldn't ever pay that money for Macc increase. Their will always be other gear rare/ex or ah that can beat that even if not on the market now.

D gear MaB yes please. Not only can I use it to nuke, I can use it on rdm to Sblade, I can use it on sch cataclysm WS. And I can use it when I self SC MB kaustra/impact.

Macc. I leave that for the buffer jobs. That way they have something to do.

Thanks again for the update though on the obi's and JA.
 Asura.Kurriko
By Asura.Kurriko 2013-05-31 21:02:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »
Cause I don't care about max sublimation.
And that's one of the reasons you're probably a terrible sch.
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-05-31 21:36:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Chimerawizard said: »Cause I don't care about max sublimation.And that's one of the reasons you're probably a terrible sch.

Galkas don't need to max it, we have naturally high HP :).
By duos 2013-06-04 15:47:50
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a quote from the guide

Quote:
Chatoyant is better than arka IV if you have 38% cure potency or more including the 10% on the staff assuming weather.

Can someone explain why and what it means exactly ( is the weather here from Aurorastorm? )
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Server: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-04 16:05:40
Link | Quote | Reply

This is a quote from the guide

Quote:
Chatoyant is better than arka IV if you have 38% cure potency or more including the 10% on the staff assuming weather.

Can someone explain why and what it means exactly ( is the weather here from Aurorastorm? )

Weather and Iridecence go over the 50% potency cap. If you can get up to 38% with no staff, then you can use Chatoyant Staff for the needed cure potency to hit cap, plus the forced weather bonus for 10% and forced Iridescence proc for an additional 10% bonus.

Edit:: yes, xthisbis assuming Aurorastorm being up
[+]
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-05 16:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

This set looks ridiculous :/
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2013-06-06 22:13:02
Link | Quote | Reply

I was farming turtles in between plazma runs. When I was doing this I was with a friend who was thf. We were trying for rocks to enter. Anyway I was doing 1100 lumin helixs to the turtles. My D armor and weapon is level 10.

Normely I T4 Sleep, aspir T5 death. But to get TH on it I tried this out and was pleasently suprised.

Lumi helix solo killed that mob.
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-06 22:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Personal stun set on the guide will land on Tojil 40 times before basically 100% resist rate.
 Bahamut.Blackmagus
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Blackmagus 2013-06-06 23:09:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Sawtelle said: »
Personal stun set on the guide will land on Tojil 40 times before basically 100% resist rate.
Were you buffed in any way by other jobs like geo/cor for accuracy at all or just that?
 Odin.Sawtelle
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-06-06 23:29:33
Link | Quote | Reply

We were getting geo magic acc up and magic eva down. However even when the loupan died we didn't resist.
First Page 2 3 ... 11 12 13 ... 99 100 101