THF R.Acc Set Question.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » THF R.Acc set question.
THF R.Acc set question.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-21 18:35:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Been wondering, approximately how much Ranged Accuracy do you need (with capped marksmanship) to ~cap hit rate with bolts on DC monsters in Dynamis? I say approx because I know it would probably vary from family to family.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-07-21 19:01:30
Link | Quote | Reply

378. Was gonna pick up some R.Acc gear for Acid Bolts for DC mobs in dynamis. I just don't want to buy way too much or something lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
Server: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-07-21 19:02:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Just find your total acc from your melee gear, skill included, and then aim for that.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [298 days between previous and next post]
By Voren 2013-05-15 14:42:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Sorry for the necro bump, but my question fits this thread, and in the interest of not starting a new one....

To proc the add eff on bolts (sleep, bloody, etc) do you need acc or atk?

I realize acc will be needed to even hit the target, but will the eff proc from more atk or just from the mob being hit?

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2013-05-15 14:52:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Awesome man, thanks for the info, working on a gear set packed with r acc 140+, might be overkill, but meh, I hate wasting ammo.

Post deleted by User.
By Voren 2013-05-15 15:07:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I was informed that at one time it was pretty much mandatory for a thf to have and use acid bolts in an exp party. I was sort of hoping to see about pulling in a delve or such with acid bolts, but have no idea if it would work, and considering I'm still skilling, someone else may want to try.

But for soloing, yeah, sleep bolts should help in dyna. Probably need to mix in some int gear as well for low level stuff.
By Ohmigod 2013-05-15 15:09:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Its a VERY easy and balanced thing to figure out, I am a THF who built a Acid bolt set just for Legion mobs and ended up being able to proc on almost everything. All mobs in Legion I procced acid bolts on including bosses in Hall of mul and Odin V2 if you are intrested in my set id gladly post it for you but if my words are taken for empty knowledge thats fine. for the most part yes INT/AGI but your going to want M.acc and R.acc higher M.acc.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
Server: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-15 15:23:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Ohmigod said: »
Its a VERY easy and balanced thing to figure out, I am a THF who built a Acid bolt set just for Legion mobs and ended up being able to proc on almost everything. All mobs in Legion I procced acid bolts on including bosses in Hall of mul and Odin V2 if you are intrested in my set id gladly post it for you but if my words are taken for empty knowledge thats fine. for the most part yes INT/AGI but your going to want M.acc and R.acc higher M.acc.

You mean you actually see the add effect proc? I've been to Legion as THF on some rare occasions, and land pretty often, but it's rare to actually see the add effect in there.
By Voren 2013-05-15 15:27:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm all about getting all the info I can, so if you have a gear set you're willing to post I'd be appreciative :)
By Ohmigod 2013-05-16 05:12:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I get add effect to land every time I'm usually /Dnc to do an acid bolt and a box step it works out great! I had the % break down inside my set macros ill have to pull it up for you guys :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-16 21:29:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Yes, I get add effect to land every time I'm usually /Dnc to do an acid bolt and a box step it works out great! I had the % break down inside my set macros ill have to pull it up for you guys :)

ItemSet 301285

Trying to put a set together with a mix of the 2, do you think this would be enough Magic Accuracy for Legion/Odin2 and other high level content? Or would need more?
By Ohmigod 2013-05-16 22:00:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah that's outstanding if you have any issues toss on staff ^^
 Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget
By Quetzalcoatl.Wakmidget 2013-05-16 23:22:47
Link | Quote | Reply

ItemSet 280416

Posting another set for the sake of convenience. I've also had trouble landing the Add effect on Salvage bosses too. Everything in the 1st set I have except the neck, hands, feet and ring2. First 3 of which shouldn't be too bad to get. Ring2 might need to wait since I didn't realize that was a Delve Megaboss drop, for some reason I thought it was a normal Tier 1-5 NM drop. *derp*

I replaced hands/feet with TH gear just for the sake of proccing TH. Since I use ra alot to proc TH/add effect: def down in Salvage.

How much less effective would this set be? Still worth it?
By Ohmigod 2013-05-16 23:39:11
Link | Quote | Reply

if you wanted to land TH with the RA then just switch back to try and land your bolt, yeah for some reason the mega boss's in salvage seem to give me a little bit of issues but as far everything else it it was a 1/3 except for the ironclad he was like 1/10
By Voren 2013-05-17 15:42:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Thank you guys for the suggestions. I think I know now the direction I'll take. There's some items I've seen that may be easier to obtain until I can get better stuff, but has similar stats in same slots.

Again, thanks all for the advice, looking forward to soloing dynamis and hopefully it's a bit easier now.