users online
Forum » FFXI » General » CoP ring
CoP ring
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
Server: Alexander
Game: FFXI
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-24 21:55:50
Link | Quote | Reply

well i'm slowly getting closer to finishing CoP >.> i'm having a hard time deciding which ring to choose.

I've leveled bard, but even when subbing mage i use HP+ so i'm not interested in that, i'm currently leveling NIN, then intend to do COR after.

now the problem is, do i choose Sattva? for the HP, AGI and EMN which would be good for NIN.. and the AGI for COR, or Rajas, i dont really have any acc problems with nin, and i dont feel i would with COR either.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
Server: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-24 21:59:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Stick with a Rajas for NIN and COR. At higher levels (any level, really...) NIN nowadays get MUCH MUCH more use keeping hate with pure damage than with Enmity+. If you're that worried, Macro in a Merman(?) ring with your voke macro.
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-24 22:00:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas works for other jobs too.

Tamas is only good for those who stick with mages only

That other one only works for those who are 1 job PLDs only.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-24 22:02:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
NIN nowadays get MUCH MUCH more use keeping hate with pure damage than with Enmity+. If you're that worried, Macro in a Merman(?) ring with your voke macro.

i macro in a STR and a mermaid for my ws's and voke/ningildrainsu. i had thought the HP, AGI might have been more benifical for COR

edit for korpg, it's true i wasnt considering other jobs i might level.
 Siren.Enternius
Server: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-24 22:27:29
Link | Quote | Reply

To make it simple for you, if you ever intend on either 1)Meleeing, 2)Ranged attacking, or 3)Using physical blue magic, you would be out of your mind not to pick Rajas. It is the absolute, undeniable best ring in the game for all DDs.

To put it in perspective, it's like someone with NIN, THF, BLU, and WAR main not picking Suppanomimi.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-24 22:29:11
Link | Quote | Reply

that explains it then :p although i picked suppa with only brd leveled.. go me.

i'll get rajas then. in a years time when i get there x.x
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-24 22:29:49
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Pick Rajas or ill beat you silly
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-24 22:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Just to add onto it, Sattva is a very sexy ring, yes. But doesn't really belong on anything except a PLD. And even then, unless you're a super career PLD, you will benefit more from a Rajas/Tamas more.

5INT/MND and MP on one ring can't be compared to anything else. Nor can 5STR/DEX and Store TP on a ring.

PLD's nowadays don't need VIT so much. The HP is nice, but the Enmity is matched by a mere Hercules' ring. Just go with one of the others, man. :)
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-24 22:32:26
Link | Quote | Reply

i'll go with rajas through fear of a beating. please dont hurt me because i fulltime BQR even through suzaku chainspell.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-24 22:33:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Eternaltriumph said:
5INT/MND and MP on one ring can't be compared to anything else.

Sounds good in theory, except for one minor fact.
There are no spells in the game that use both INT and MND, whereas on any melee job, everything you do depends on both STR and DEX.
Tamas can be replaced by a Snow Ring and an Aqua Ring, but you'll never get a ring with the same amount of benefit as Rajas.
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-05-24 22:34:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Point was that, like Tamas is good for a multitude of jobs, Sattva is not.
 Alexander.Ultrarichard
By Alexander.Ultrarichard 2009-05-24 22:35:41
Link | Quote | Reply

i thnik tamas is a waste on brd. has nothing benifical except a tiny bit of mp. which i could just use ether for >.>
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-24 22:36:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Tamas is the second best ring for all mage jobs, but when you compare the stats with Rajas, Rajas is just so much better.
 Odin.Gaea
Server: Odin
user:
By Odin.Gaea 2009-05-24 23:20:47

Sattva could have been awesome. It needs "Adds Refresh effect". Or at least "Regen".
 Asura.Korpg
Server: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-24 23:43:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Tamas is the second best ring for all mage jobs, but when you compare the stats with Rajas, Rajas is just so much better.

Eternaltriumph said:
Point was that, like Tamas is good for a multitude of jobs, Sattva is not.

Thunderz said:
Pick Rajas or ill beat you silly

All good points.
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-24 23:50:29
Link | Quote | Reply

I still don't see why anyone would really pick tamas. Already stated but you'll never need both int and mnd at the same time. The +mp is ok but really if your a job that really cares chances are your not looking for stats anyways and there are alot better mp rings out there. And -emnity... nice and all but alot of the times not gonna do a damn thing for you and getting something for the -emnity is just silly. rajas on the other hand all the stats good at same time. Same Sattva for the few jobs that get any use out of it. Sure does Tamas save you some invent space yeah. Does it safe you some maccro lines on a couple of jobs sure but really thats about it
 Odin.Gensouryuu
Server: Odin
By Odin.Gensouryuu 2009-05-24 23:55:29
Link | Quote | Reply

well if you're a full time mage only, why not get tamas, save you a few hundred k of gil.
[+]
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-05-25 00:23:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Rajas's benefits just outweigh the other two as far as advantages over bought rings give. While Tamas and Sattva have substitutes that "come close", Rajas really doesn't.

Enternius said:
There are no spells in the game that use both INT and MND...

False.
 Siren.Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2009-05-25 00:24:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Azulmagia said:
Enternius said:

False.

Okay, BLU might have an exception or two, but do you honestly think someone would pick Tamas for BLU?
 Leviathan.Alyssiah
Server: Leviathan
user:
By Leviathan.Alyssiah 2009-05-25 00:25:43

Dasva said:
I still don't see why anyone would really pick tamas. Already stated but you'll never need both int and mnd at the same time. The +mp is ok but really if your a job that really cares chances are your not looking for stats anyways and there are alot better mp rings out there. And -emnity... nice and all but alot of the times not gonna do a damn thing for you and getting something for the -emnity is just silly. rajas on the other hand all the stats good at same time. Same Sattva for the few jobs that get any use out of it. Sure does Tamas save you some invent space yeah. Does it safe you some maccro lines on a couple of jobs sure but really thats about it

Well about the MND/INT part yeah. No spell uses both (from a heavy spell casting mage). But as a RDM that's an added 30MP w/o having to sacrifice MND/INT in a ring slot. For WHM, it's a great ring hands down. MND, -enmity, and MP all into one slot allowing for Serket, Vivian, Aqua, Troopers, whatever ring for other slot (instead of having to use a sub-par ring over Tamas). Same can be said of BLM.

If you're a melee over a mage, surely go with Rajas. Where as myself, I'm a RDM WHM BLM SMN (no I don't use Tamas on SMN, that's ridiculous when there are way better rings out there) and a COR as my only so-called "melee", I picked Tamas Ring and never had a regret.

And if for some reason I look at this post tomorrow and realize it's a jumbled wall of text because I'm half-awake and sick, I'm still probably not gonna fix it. :D

Basically: Rajas if melee, Tamas if mage only, Sattva only if career PLD imo.
 Fairy.Azulmagia
Server: Fairy
user: Azulmagia
By Fairy.Azulmagia 2009-05-25 00:45:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Enternius said:
Azulmagia said:
Enternius said:

False.

Okay, BLU might have an exception or two, but do you honestly think someone would pick Tamas for BLU?

People seemed to recommend it in the early ToAU days from what I hear, lol. Just use Aqua Rings or something for those MND-heavy spells and get BQR/Omega for breaths. Rajas is an incredible piece for Big Three and STR/DEX stuff in general. Not to mention it's useful for TP, WS, and casting.