Bleach Manga thread [spoilers]
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-16 16:11:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Eh, Unohana has always been... intentionally shrouded. This backdrop probably wasn't come up with on the fly, but been a long standing idea that's just now coming to light. It feels a little haphazard though because her Bankai has healing properties, and as we're learning, their swords are reflections of themselves.

I still want to see little Yachiru's strength.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-16 16:14:37
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Eh, Unohana has always been... intentionally shrouded. This backdrop probably wasn't come up with on the fly, but been a long standing idea that's just now coming to light. It feels a little haphazard though because her Bankai has healing properties, and as we're learning, their swords are reflections of themselves.

I still want to see little Yachiru's strength.

Well see that's exactly my point. She's the healer captain. Is she all the sudden going to have some 2nd bankai/zanpaktou release against Zaraki now? That would be ridiculous.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Server: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-16 16:14:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Tbh Unohana was never a benevolent character, she was always highly apathetic in every situation and showed to be very cold blooded the few times there was a threat.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-16 16:17:17
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Tbh Unohana was never a benevolent character, she was always highly apathetic in every situation and showed to be very cold blooded the few times there was a threat.

Then what about Tikal's post? That doesn't make the least bit of sense to me >_<. NEVER benevolent, but has a healing bankai? And captain of the healing squad?
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 16:18:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't think that healing manta was her Bankai, could've sworn that was Shikai.

And we've seen from Ichigo that Bankai and Shikai don't have to relate. His Shikai is a giant cleaver while his Bankai is a much smaller blade made for high speed combat.

And her strength (and even her willingness to injure/main/kill people if provoked) has always been foreshadowed by captains getting scared shitless of her.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-16 16:19:06
Link | Quote | Reply

I don't know why being a healer has to necessarily translate to good person..never seen a mad doctor kind of character? I honestly prefer things to break from stereotypes much more.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-16 16:19:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
I don't think that healing manta was her Bankai, could've sworn that was Shikai.

And her strength (and even her willingness to injure/main/kill people if provoked) has always been foreshadowed by captains getting scared shitless of her.

Again though, strength doesn't mean ruthless. And I'm pretty sure that was her bankai, no? It was kind of a huge manifest. Either way if it was her shikai, it would make no sense if her bankai was then a major offensive tool.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-16 16:20:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I don't know why being a healer has to necessarily translate to good person..never seen a mad doctor kind of character? I honestly prefer things to break from stereotypes much more.

"Mad doctors" typically maim and disfigure people. I'm not sure where your example is going here >_<.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-16 16:21:13
Link | Quote | Reply

If you can't understand then I don't know what to tell you.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-01-16 16:24:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Well your example of a mad doctor isn't somebody who heals anybody. They typically maim and hurt people. Idk why you have to sound condescending, since I just find your example confusing...
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Server: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2013-01-16 16:25:09
Link | Quote | Reply

You're also missing out that she literally scared captains. You don't get scared of a strong 'benevolent' person when you're that strong.

The captains knew, at least a little, about her past and were wary of setting her off.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-16 16:26:15
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not condescending, I just don't like having to explain myself. An example is what it is, not the only case. I used an extreme cause I thuoght that'd make it easier to catch.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2013-01-16 16:38:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
This sounds like a very stupid plot twist to me. Why is Unohana (wasn't her first name Kotetsu or something for the longest time.. now all the sudden it's Yachiryu Zaraki?) all the sudden this beast of a villain when her character for the entire manga/anime has been a benevolent healer? This just seems so far out of left field, it's pretty stupid >_<.
why the hell would it be that?

Kenpachi was the name given to the strongest, she was the first Kenpachi.

edit: they only say it several times...
By volkom 2013-01-16 16:48:44
Link | Quote | Reply

show yoruichi alrdy!! >:[
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-01-16 16:54:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I heard you wanted to see Yoruichi, so I posted Unohana instead.

[+]
 Siren.Knivesz
Server: Siren
By Siren.Knivesz 2013-01-16 16:55:02
Link | Quote | Reply

If she really is a vicious villain as she is being portrayed to be, I wonder why Unohana even bothers with this gentle soft spoken facade demeanor of hers. It's not like benevolence and kind heartedness is a requirement to be in the gotei 13 when you have a bloodthirst sadist as captain of the 11th division and a malicious mad scientist who kills his own subordinates without any repercussions as captain of the 12th division lol.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-16 17:01:11
Link | Quote | Reply

I really dont find it that surprising. As people have said, captains are scared of her and even her own squad knows to be scared of her. It seems everyone who is aware of her past avoided her "bad" side. (Completely my opinion) I think that possibly in her past she was open with her "bad" side until her zanpaktou got broken while in bankai against Yamamoto or someone powerful. Afterwords, she decided to cover that side of her with her usual smiling facade & try to help people instead of destroy them. Later, even her old zanpaktou is fixed or she gets another and she instead obtains a different shikai/bankai to reflect who she wants to be. There are a lot of holes in that long opinion, but im just thinking of what might make sense. Whatever her past might be, I dont find it "stupid" that she comes out to be a beast & honestly i dont think it should be a big surprise considering her role/attitude throughout the series.

Edit: Didnt notice the new chapter before posting. More stuff to think about now
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Server: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2013-01-16 17:05:34
Link | Quote | Reply

volkom said: »
show yoruichi alrdy!! >:[

For real. Seeing as Urahara is in the fray already, Yoruichi is aware of whats going down. Shes probably off getting some awesome power-up of some sort so she can come in & kill when its time. Or maybe i just want that to happen :x
[+]
By Gimp 2013-01-16 17:38:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Caitsith.Shiroi said: »
It would be pretty epic if she killed Zaraki, too bad it won't happen.

After the soul society arc, Kubo hasn't been quite as good with plot twists(if you could see one come out of that situation).

To answer Tsuneo on the prior page, Zaraki had that scar before he joined soul society so they would have to have met a long time ago which falls into making sense when he named little Yachiru when he first did since he had the scar then.

However the fight pans out I'm feeling that it'll be freudian, not sure why it just feels that way. A man and a woman connected by the scars they gave each other, considered vile creatures and criminals by the society they protect, also considering the amount of space they give each other on preferring NOT TO fight(that filler in the zanpaktou rebellion scene was funny), AND the mutual hatred and implied respect for each other?

Sounds like a lot of sexual tension but I could be perverted and wrong.

(Or both)
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2013-01-16 17:44:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm actually feeling they might be related somehow.
 Bahamut.Illyst
Server: Bahamut
user: illyst
By Bahamut.Illyst 2013-01-16 17:51:15
Link | Quote | Reply

the manta was her shikai. her bakai has yet to be revealed.

http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Retsu_Unohana#Zanpakut.C5.8D
By Solrain 2013-01-17 20:44:31
Link | Quote | Reply

I have a hard time believing Kubo's gonna kill off Zaraki or Unohana, given his soft track record of letting good guys die. I'm sure Shunsui has some ulterior motives for having them face off anyway. He's not the kinda guy that sends two (important) allies to their deaths.
 Fenrir.Eneas
Server: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2013-01-18 03:41:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Wasn't it said that Kenpachi killed the old captain though?

Kenpachi killed the previous captain , which was 10th or 11th idr. Unohana Was the one of the founding members of the 13 divisions and First Kenpachi. For reasons still unknown she changed personality and Name.
As for The name change, in ancient Japan (Bleach draw from it) A person would name Change upon entering a new stage of his life(Noblemens, Samurai mostly). Also Old Man Yama did it, read a couple charts back.

Regarding the clash of Current Kenpachi and Unohana ( the one that left scars on them), It might as well happened during the period of time when they were both criminals.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
Server: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2013-01-18 03:45:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Not first "zaraki", first Kenpachi. It's the name given to the strongest of each generation. He had no name so he took the name of the district he was in, district 80 - Zaraki. The same goes for Kusajishi Yachiru, her last name is the district she's from and the first name is the name of the only person Zaraki admired.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2013-01-18 03:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

edited for you.
Edit: me Writing Zaraki instead of Kenpachi once doesnt disprove what i wrote, nor confuse whoever reads my post. Anyway, fixed that for you.
 Fenrir.Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2013-01-18 04:02:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Timeline i think should be:

Unohana and Yama found SS-> Unohana and Zaraki fight-> Following the battle she change name and division -> Zaraki find the little one -> Fight between Ikkaku and Zaraki -> Zaraki Becomes Captain.

Just theory and time lapses in Bleach not often make sense.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-01-22 23:05:16
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/524
By volkom 2013-01-23 00:21:49
Link | Quote | Reply

oh snap
[+]
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-01-23 00:47:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Unohana doesn't look nearly as psycho as she did last chapter.
 Odin.Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-01-30 02:38:56
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.mangapanda.com/bleach/525
First Page 2 3 ... 15 16 17 ... 28 29 30