Knights Of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Red Mage » Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
Knights of Round, RDM, TP/WS Builds.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-15 14:25:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Saevel said: »
DC birds in Dyna Bubu, the ones near the north east corner. Usually duo the zone with a THF friend of mine, sometimes go BLU, sometimes go RDM.

Gravity II.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 14:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ok so for a TP/PDT set I made

Legs can get Haste+4% Augment putting you at 26%, so your capped, also with both swords being PDT you can hit cap on that as well, if you take out 1 of them for Almace, Excalibur or another sword you an change the feet to Dux+1 & back to Mollusca Mantle, which will recap your PDT, while your Haste will only go down by 4%. If you use Genbu then you are only losing the 1% PDT, which this set goes over by 2% so you are still capped on it, and can put a -MDT earring in place of Suppa. Mind you this has little -MDT overall but unless a mob is chainspelling you can gear swap into a better set for that without much worry.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-15 14:34:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh yeah, good point... I'm to tired lol I forgot about Defending/Dark, so I was thinking you still weren't capped. Either way set seems even better now! :D
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-16 14:08:32
Link | Quote | Reply

As for an Accuracy build I made this...

Gives +81 Acc, 85~86 if you count the skill+ on Suppa. With this you shouldn't have much problems at all hitting anything, and you still cap out Haste (even go over by 1) so it should work well imo.
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-08-16 19:26:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Wouldn't a DEX/ACC Shikargar be better if you *need* that much accuracy? DEX sword would allow you to keep atheling/rancor collar and Tyrant's ring in tp set, plus it'd help on CDC, both with mods and overall ACC during ws's.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Server: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-16 19:27:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Cripple an already crippled melee job by wearing a Khadga. Yes.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-16 21:40:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Double Attack Khadga works well on RDM, with the TP build I plan to have without Ephemeron right now it would hit about 45% Double Attack or more with Temper. I forgot to take that out though, I basically took my TP build, remade it, then took things out and put others in for Acc. But yeah you could take that out as well and add other parts for DD back in, though honestly I'm not sure why Tyrants, to many hits to bother much with STP being something to focus on, figure probably better off with the Double Attack ring or some Attack/Acc on that slot.

Edit:Come to think of it the best 3 swords for offhand for RDM DD is probably DA-Khadga, STR Shikargar, and Ephemeron, depending on what your wanting from it, I rather my Khadga.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-16 21:50:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Doesn't matter how much DA you have, it's still ***, especially on a job with such little attack, and no access to self attack buffs, as RDM.

Ephemeron is ***on any job that can wear it.
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-16 22:24:22
Link | Quote | Reply

I would think the Haste on Ephemeron would allow for different builds and the TP Drain could possibly be an easy SSC Light with Almace when it procs. As for DA I'm not going to argue about it, I see another 11% DA in both WS & TP builds as helpful for both things, so I use it, STR Shikargar is good but I myself don't use it and probably wont, not with Almace at least, maybe with Excalibur though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-16 22:28:56
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you realize that nothing out of what you just said makes any sense, but I'm not going to bother. RDM melee isn't very redeemable regardless of what's in your offhand, however the superior option remains STR Shikargar.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-16 22:31:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Doesn't matter how much DA you have, it's still ***, especially on a job with such little attack, and no access to self attack buffs, as RDM.

Ephemeron is ***on any job that can wear it.

You're just mad because you don't have one.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-16 22:33:13
Link | Quote | Reply

No, I'm mad because I don't have a Mjollnir :c
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-16 22:37:48
Link | Quote | Reply

Fair enough.
 Odin.Minefield
Server: Odin
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2012-08-16 22:37:54
Link | Quote | Reply

[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-16 22:45:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I dated a guy named Thor.

That's basically what it was like. Every time.
[+]
 Phoenix.Demonjustin
By Phoenix.Demonjustin 2012-08-16 23:00:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I hope you realize that nothing out of what you just said makes any sense, but I'm not going to bother. RDM melee isn't very redeemable regardless of what's in your offhand, however the superior option remains STR Shikargar.
Ephemeron has 3% Haste opening up more options to cap Haste within a build. The TP drain of Ephemeron has an effect of 60~90% so far as I remember, meaning you could easily Self-Skillchain Light with CDC if it procs at the right time. Double Attack helps build TP by adding extra attacks onto a round, also can proc on WSs and since your sword will not be changing when WSing it adds 11% DA onto your WS build as well. STR Shikargar is good for the Attack & STR, but I prefer my Double Attack in my TP build, however with Excalibur it would be better for both Req or KoR, meaning I would probably use it instead of Khadga at that point. Hope it made more sense this time, either way, just how I see things, if I'm wrong so be it, Ill learn as I go on with things, for now I still use my Khadga.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-16 23:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The extra delay on the Khadga negates any benefit you're getting from the double attack.

Seriously, it's bad.

Not to mention the seriously reduced base damage once you consider the loss of fSTR (Don't forget the loss to your mainhand too!) with Khadga's already low base damage.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Server: Ragnarok
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-08-16 23:40:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Don't waste your time on these clowns man. Melee mage is fuggin melee mage. We could go ***up the BLU forum and remind them how pathetic their DD (and magic) is against anything worth mentioning (even with the advantage in gear selection), but we have more self respect than that.

The hell? I'm a die-hard melee RDM, but there are limits to what the job is realisticaly capable of meleeing. BLU, on the other hand, has both the job traits, and gear, to melee full-time.

Seriously, as someone who has both jobs leveled, and prefers melee RDM to backline, there is a world of difference between what BLU can melee, and what a RDM can melee.

Know the limits of the job, and adjust accordingly.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
Server: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-08-17 00:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Kin37ix said: »
Don't waste your time on these clowns man. Melee mage is fuggin melee mage. We could go ***up the BLU forum and remind them how pathetic their DD (and magic) is against anything worth mentioning (even with the advantage in gear selection), but we have more self respect than that.
I swear you just hate BLU. <_<
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-08-17 01:00:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »
Ephemeron has 3% Haste opening up more options to cap Haste within a build. The TP drain of Ephemeron has an effect of 60~90% so far as I remember, meaning you could easily Self-Skillchain Light with CDC if it procs at the right time. Double Attack helps build TP by adding extra attacks onto a round, also can proc on WSs and since your sword will not be changing when WSing it adds 11% DA onto your WS build as well. STR Shikargar is good for the Attack & STR, but I prefer my Double Attack in my TP build, however with Excalibur it would be better for both Req or KoR, meaning I would probably use it instead of Khadga at that point. Hope it made more sense this time, either way, just how I see things, if I'm wrong so be it, Ill learn as I go on with things, for now I still use my Khadga.

In depth simulations were done to show exactly why the TP drain effect of Ephemeron isn't even worth considering. It's worth 10~15 store tp on average, and that's in absolutely ideal situations. The haste is meaningless as you don't need it to cap gear haste of RDM.

11% DA on your WS and TP phase is all well and good, until you realize that you're sacrificing melee phase DoT, arguably some speed of TP gain, 11STR, and 27~ attack, effectively lowering both your melee and weaponskill phase damage.

A STR Shikargar is indispensible, especially for a job with such an abyssmal attack score as RDM which is compounded further by its inability to sub WAR.

I'm telling you, with utmost certainty: Khadga and Ephemeron are utter tripe.

Kinetix is just one of my butthurt fans, pay him no mind. He somehow takes me giving you advice as an affront to his fap material.
[+]
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
Server: Sylph
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-17 09:40:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Demonjustin said: »

In depth simulations were done to show exactly why the TP drain effect of Ephemeron isn't even worth considering. It's worth 10~15 store tp on average, and that's in absolutely ideal situations. The haste is meaningless as you don't need it to cap gear haste of RDM.

11% DA on your WS and TP phase is all well and good, until you realize that you're sacrificing melee phase DoT, arguably some speed of TP gain, 11STR, and 27~ attack, effectively lowering both your melee and weaponskill phase damage.

A STR Shikargar is indispensible, especially for a job with such an abyssmal attack score as RDM which is compounded further by its inability to sub WAR.

I'm telling you, with utmost certainty: Khadga and Ephemeron are utter tripe.

Kinetix is just one of my butthurt fans, pay him no mind. He somehow takes me giving you advice as an affront to his fap material.

Why do people think ephemeron is still good? I'm a career rdm and i wouldn't fulltime that thing if i had to, same with khagda..the dps is terrible .-. plus at most without food and gainstr im at what 524 attack? would be silly to sacrifice the extra str and att from shikar to offhand eph or khag
 Odin.Llewelyn
Server: Odin
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2012-08-17 09:50:30
Link | Quote | Reply

Screw you guys. I just want a glowy sword. >:(
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-08-17 10:19:14
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Sagiaurex said: »
would be silly to sacrifice the extra str and att from shikar to offhand eph or khag

Congratulations, you have a functioning brain!
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-08-17 11:00:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Screw you guys. I just want a glowy sword. >:(
This is the best argument in favour of Ephemeron I've seen so far.
 Lakshmi.Saevel
Server: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-08-17 17:18:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
The extra delay on the Khadga negates any benefit you're getting from the double attack.

Seriously, it's bad.

Not to mention the seriously reduced base damage once you consider the loss of fSTR (Don't forget the loss to your mainhand too!) with Khadga's already low base damage.

That is the important part. People are also misunderstanding DA, they think that getting tons of it somehow makes it "better" when the exact opposite is true. If 45 DA with the DA+11 sword then 34 without it.

1.45/1.34 = 1.082, a 8.2% increase not a 11% increase. The stupid delay is what hurts the most as any gain in DPS is reduced by the longer time between attack rounds.

RDM is a very attack starved job. Between no /WAR Berserk, no native attack abilities / buffs and being left off the better melee gear, RDM as a job tends to float ~100 attack less then other DW jobs. This makes the attack from the STR sword worth a lot.

Finally on fSTR and it's effect on low delay jobs. 11 STR is +2.75 DMG on each and every swing no matter how low your delay or how low your weapons base DMG is. As a percentage of damage fSTR is more important to low delay / damage jobs then it is to high delay 2H jobs.

Ultimately, the STR sword gives both Attack and fSTR along with being a 61DMG 230 delay weapon. Its the best offensive off hand weapon for RDM. The only other option with be the crystal sword, and only if your with friends and expected to support them.
[+]
 Sylph.Traxus
user: traxusIV
By Sylph.Traxus 2012-08-24 13:36:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Any idea what atma/gain spell this guy is using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk48NfzUr_M

I assume the sword is agi/evasion magian?
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-08-24 13:50:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Traxus said: »
Any idea what atma/gain spell this guy is using?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dk48NfzUr_M

I assume the sword is agi/evasion magian?

We've been over this trax lol, its definitely EVA, hes taking too much damage for it to be pdt

edit: Btw have you tried yet? c.c
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7