Dark Knight - Entropy
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: avengerx
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx 2012-07-05 18:07:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello people of the FFXIAH community I need help with my Entropy build

I would like some help in figuring out what I can upgrade.

I currently do not have access to Neo-Nyzul gear so thats out of the equation. Input be appreciated ^^ thank you
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-07-05 18:17:51
Link | Quote | Reply

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/29045/entropy

a bunch of discussion here about it, as well as a # of ppl with item sets for the ws.
 Cerberus.Taint
Server: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-05 18:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx said: »
Hello people of the FFXIAH community I need help with my Entropy build

I would like some help in figuring out what I can upgrade.

I currently do not have access to Neo-Nyzul gear so thats out of the equation. Input be appreciated ^^ thank you

Elemental gorget, Moonshade earring (att4 tpbonus)would be easy and excellent upgrades.
 Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: avengerx
By Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx 2012-07-05 18:19:31
Link | Quote | Reply

omg taint just commented on one of my threads, I am honored

Edit: I looked through that thread and almost nothing regarding Entropy was in just what scythe was best and that I should be using Resolution instead of Entropy.
 Phoenix.Xairu
Server: Phoenix
user: Xairu
By Phoenix.Xairu 2012-07-05 18:53:30
Link | Quote | Reply

*didn't read linked thread* but I'd say if you're going to be using Entropy moreover Insurgency & such.. Get yourself a Nirastamo, and a Snow Sachet. I also use Affronter's on legs, was always more under the impression it was better to stack attribute on the merit ws vs atk.. aside from the nerfy atk penalty ones you NEED to stack atk for like Requiescat >_>;
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-06 08:44:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Xairu said: »
*didn't read linked thread* but I'd say if you're going to be using Entropy moreover Insurgency & such.. Get yourself a Nirastamo, and a Snow Sachet. I also use Affronter's on legs, was always more under the impression it was better to stack attribute on the merit ws vs atk.. aside from the nerfy atk penalty ones you NEED to stack atk for like Requiescat >_>;

http://www.freewebs.com/vzx-01/dmgcalc.htm

Its a good read.

It all depends on what those stats are doing for you. Capped fSTR,pDIF,acc etc yes you'll want to stack the modifier. Generally thats means you'll want to have 2-3 different WS sets for different situations. In my experience very very few players make that effort. If you are doing to use 1 WS set items like Bale legs +2 will overall be a far superior option to Affronter's.
 Cerberus.Detzu
user: Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-06 12:09:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Taint said: »

Its a good read.

It all depends on what those stats are doing for you. Capped fSTR,pDIF,acc etc yes you'll want to stack the modifier. Generally thats means you'll want to have 2-3 different WS sets for different situations. In my experience very very few players make that effort. If you are doing to use 1 WS set items like Bale legs +2 will overall be a far superior option to Affronter's.

Do you agree that Huginn hose > bale fanchard +2 for entropy?
And what about the NQ hose?
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-07-06 12:15:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Its a good read.

Yes for both.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-07-06 12:18:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Detzu said: »

Its a good read.

Yes for both.

Cool thank you.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Server: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-07-06 12:20:13
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Cloudxx said: »
omg taint just commented on one of my threads, I am honored Edit: I looked through that thread and almost nothing regarding Entropy was in just what scythe was best and that I should be using Resolution instead of Entropy.

Liberator would probably be best when aftermath is up.

You can swap the 4 int WoE ammo in as well. If you have an absess of voidstones do some mantis for ogiers pants. They're a really good drop rate in my experience.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [116 days between previous and next post]
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
user: Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-10-30 13:41:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Bumping this... looking for Ideal Entropy set, will be done w/ apoc as soon as the goblin gets his *** in gear so changing over ruinator to entropy... haven't had much luck finding any gearsets tho.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2012-10-30 13:45:26
Link | Quote | Reply

swap in hombre tathlum if you have more money/inventory than me. Obviously there are different choices based on attack/accuracy/ele day etc.
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-30 13:48:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »

swap in hombre tathlum if you have more money/inventory than me. Obviously there are different choices based on attack/accuracy/ele day etc.

Wouldn't you use twilight mail over phorcys? Shinryu is a b****, i wanna know if it still worth bothering with this.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-10-30 13:52:36
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm guessing the 7% damage on WS along w/ the STR + 5% attack out weighs the added INT, and twilight is good to have for refresh and RR when needed
 Cerberus.Kvazz
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-10-30 14:00:22
Link | Quote | Reply

Twilight mail is better(Phorcys wsd+7 is first hit only).
Also can use a int+7 ring rather than Rajas
 Cerberus.Detzu
By Cerberus.Detzu 2012-10-30 14:05:19
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Fasaga said: »
I'm guessing the 7% damage on WS along w/ the STR + 5% attack out weighs the added INT, and twilight is good to have for refresh and RR when needed

But the 7% bonus applies on 1st hit so it's 7/4 = 1.75 dmg bonus. However, the att+ may outweigh twilight.

Edit : I didn't see Kvazz post... I'll do shin again and again...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-30 14:05:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Should also swap out the legs in most cases. Huginn ideally, probably Bale +2 otherwise.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-30 14:37:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Sorry i just tried to look around for this, where does testing show its only first hit? i can only find info saying testing says its 7% ws damage bonus with no specifics
 Ragnarok.Legendarycloud
By Ragnarok.Legendarycloud 2012-10-30 14:49:41
Link | Quote | Reply

This is the set I've been using for Entropy.

I guess depending on the math geniuses in here, might need to swap the Twilight Mail for Phorcys Korazin, and also the Ogier's Breeches for Bale Flanchard +2?
 Odin.Registry
Server: Odin
user: R3G1STRY
By Odin.Registry 2012-10-30 14:51:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Sorry i just tried to look around for this, where does testing show its only first hit? i can only find info saying testing says its 7% ws damage bonus with no specifics

Pretty much all Weaponskill Damage % increase is first hit only (includes Ogier's Breeches).

If nobody has a link to the testing I can go find it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Server: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-10-30 15:26:31
Link | Quote | Reply

Info on various WSD multipliers starts here and goes on for several pages.
 Ragnarok.Zeromega
user: Zeromega
By Ragnarok.Zeromega 2012-10-30 16:02:45
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
post 215 and 220 in the thread apparently are the answer

ogier's and phorcys body only count for the first hit, but magian trial weapons with the ws dmg+ count for all

well that's crap, good to know tho
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-10-30 17:47:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Zeromega said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
post 215 and 220 in the thread apparently are the answer

ogier's and phorcys body only count for the first hit, but magian trial weapons with the ws dmg+ count for all

well that's crap, good to know tho
Well ***I was under the impression that it was the same as the relic boost, just an added percentile bonus at the end of the formula. So then twilight > phorcy? Or does the attack bonus still out weigh
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-10-30 17:58:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Scary how many people still don't know about Phorcys and Ogier....

Twilight is the clear winner, DRK should have very little need for attack and if you do there are other pieces you would swap way before Twilight body.
 Phoenix.Urteil
Server: Phoenix
user: Urteil89
By Phoenix.Urteil 2012-10-30 18:24:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Just remember to full time Twilight and dandy spectacles.
If you don't die, you can dps longer and do more damage.

And to macro in your STR gear mid jump during Shoa beacuse the second hit is the one that counts because you jump.

Real talk: Twilight body seems best for me after using both for Entropy.
 Ragnarok.Fasaga
By Ragnarok.Fasaga 2012-10-30 18:46:34
Link | Quote | Reply

I guess you have to read more into the phrase "increase weapon skill damage by 7%"