Forum » FFXI » General » Beastmaster Related Question: Charm
Beastmaster Related Question: Charm
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-23 04:30:16
Link | Quote | Reply

I know that charm has a hidden skill level, and that people claim a 75job/BST can charm at the same rate they could as a 75 BST main. Or at least this used to be the case a year or two ago.

When i took every job to 37 i tried to solo Beastmaster but without leave i found myself frustrated. I joined a parties after level 24 all the way to 37 just because i didn't want to deal without leave or certain jug pets.

Well now i am ready to take the job further for maat's cap and i have this question:

How screwed am i on charm rates since i cheated level 24-37, and do i need to go do a skill up type adventure to correct this problem. Or was this a total fluke myth and i should be fine?

I'm finishing ranger to 50, then i plan to tackle BST and wish to know what steps to take.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-23 04:37:38
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Stack up on CHR gear and your charm is fine

also you misread. When they mean hidden skill lvl. It doesn't mean your skilling up charm!

It just means if I lvl my bst to 75! then I sub it with lets say PLD

I would be able to charm a mob with the same success rate then my 75 BST

so fire up any Question ya got I can help
 Ramuh.Dasva
Server: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-23 04:42:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Hey did you try /sch?
[+]
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-23 04:43:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Dasva said:
Hey did you try /sch?

I did and it was awesome sauce +1
 Bahamut.Ahura
Server: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Ahura 2009-05-23 04:47:32
Link | Quote | Reply

/blu is nice too
[+]
 Siren.Clinpachi
Server: Siren
user: Clinpachi
By Siren.Clinpachi 2009-05-23 05:08:01
Link | Quote | Reply

K so as long as i stack up on CHR like i always did things should be fine?

I appreciate the help i was worried about being able to solo properly and fail a ton of charms lol.
 Kujata.Erocent
Server: Kujata
user: Erocent
By Kujata.Erocent 2009-05-23 09:56:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Well being a 75 beastmaster there is a few things I could share with you. 1st: leave is 35 not 37. 2nd: you are gonna have mischarms (no getting around that, no matter what you CHR is or how high). 3rd: Stack CHR gear, the more CHR gear the better charm rates will be, there are plenty of foods that add chr also. 4th: when you hit 51 get an Appollo's staff (a must have for any beastmaster) hidden effect charm +15%. and lastly 5th: If you level beastmaster to 75 and then go /BST you can charm things with the skill of a 75 BST with less mischarms. I.E. If you only leveled BST to 37 and then used say 75 RDM/37 BSt you would be charming only as a 37 BST, things that con EP to your 75 would be tough to charm and wouldnt last very long. I hope this helps you. I also hope you continue on you beastmaster path... Its an awesome job!!!
[+]