Lag From Hell, Help!

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » lag from hell, help!
lag from hell, help!
 Ramuh.Isesia
Server: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 13:50:24
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm duoing with a bst in Western Altepa, killing desert beetles, and we both are lagging like hell. FPS is approximetly 3.0 (same with the friend I'm duoing with), when I normally have FPS between 17-21. This is even more lag then I have in Besieged with over 500 people in zone,
and there are no one but us and an occasional beetle at our camp.
Is anyone else having similar problem? My internet speed is about 20MB/second. Any idea what could be causing this?
 Asura.Zekky
Server: Asura
user: Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 13:51:22
Link | Quote | Reply

It's your computer. Update it. Moar RAM!
Server: Fairy
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 13:52:50
Link | Quote | Reply

Isesia said:
I'm duoing with a bst in Western Altepa, killing desert beetles, and we both are lagging like hell. FPS is approximetly 3.0 (same with the friend I'm duoing with), when I normally have FPS between 17-21. This is even more lag then I have in Besieged with over 500 people in zone,
Is anyone else having similar problem? My internet speed is about 20MB/second. Any idea what could be causing this?

Check your background processes, make sure Firefox or your A/V or something didn't kick on and try to update...

Happens to me and a friend sometimes, too, FF will try to do an update and we'll both get hit for a minute or 2 while it's thinking...
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 13:54:28
Link | Quote | Reply

have 2GB ram, and it's impossible to put more ram on this PC, it's a dell>.<' Don't usually this problem, but ut's been this way the past 3 weeks.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 13:54:30
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

actually that would have been true if it was only him lagging but he did mention his friend getting hit by the lagzor wave
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 13:55:39
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Isesia said:

Check your background processes, make sure Firefox or your A/V or something didn't kick on and try to update...

Happens to me and a friend sometimes, too, FF will try to do an update and we'll both get hit for a minute or 2 while it's thinking...

nope, everything is updated, so nothing ther o.o
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 13:56:24
Link | Quote | Reply

Oh, oh. Touche. Hmm.
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 13:57:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Thunderz said:
actually that would have been true if it was only him lagging but he did mention his friend getting hit by the lagzor wave

the same friend also had lag in mog house of all places >.<
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-22 13:58:06
Link | Quote | Reply

To tell you the truth, I think it's a SE problem, I am on bahamut and I and a whole bunch of my friends get random spikes of lag and sometimes random R0s, alot of people have been getting this.
 Ifrit.Thunderz
Server: Ifrit
user:
By Ifrit.Thunderz 2009-05-22 13:59:41
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:
To tell you the truth, I think it's a SE problem, I am on bahamut and I and a whole bunch of my friends get random spikes of lag and sometimes random R0s, alot of people have been getting this.

yeah like 1month ago my pc ran the game 100% fine and suddenly getting hit my random lag waves and R0

pretty gay especially when there is only me in the zone
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 14:00:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Fyyvoaa said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Because if I remember correctly the lag became worse after the last update. Of course, it could be just my imagination.
 Carbuncle.Sterling
Server: Carbuncle
user: Sterling
By Carbuncle.Sterling 2009-05-22 14:06:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame Comcast. Always blame Comcast. Even if you don't have Comcast, blame Comcast.
 Asura.Zekky
By Asura.Zekky 2009-05-22 14:07:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Comcast is pretty decent to other services I've had. Cox is a horrible cable provider. What horrible TV and cable services... /sigh

And Bellsouth. Blame them.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 14:08:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Blame Charter. Worst major ISP according to the rankings on speedtest.net as far as internet speeds/price.
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 14:10:20
Link | Quote | Reply

lol, don't even know what Comcast is, but I'm guessing it's some kind of internett provider. Anyhow, don't use that, but could it be the fact that we are on wireless?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 14:12:44
Link | Quote | Reply

Isesia said:
lol, don't even know what Comcast is, but I'm guessing it's some kind of internett provider. Anyhow, don't use that, but could it be the fact that we are on wireless?

I'm on wireless myself, and while I'm sure there is a "tiny" bit of lag from that, wireless itself is fine. Only way to really know is to hard wire to the router, if you can...

Interference from cordless phones/microwave can mess up wireless pretty bad, but from my experiences in the past, it either totally disrupted it, or didn't touch it, so I dunno...
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 14:12:48
Link | Quote | Reply

nope, we are like 30km from each other :P
we use the same provider*
 Ramuh.Kiriyu
user: kiriyu
By Ramuh.Kiriyu 2009-05-22 14:18:55
Link | Quote | Reply

I lag sooooo much when a GM is present. Friggin fiery armor.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 14:20:30
Link | Quote | Reply

I damn near hit 1 FPS at the teleport crystals, also the mist off the cliffs, and the green glowy ***in CN. It's terrible, I just hold the button down and wait til the game shows me out of that ***lol
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 14:20:43
Link | Quote | Reply

Kiriyu said:
I lag sooooo much when a GM is present. Friggin fiery armor.

well, no GM present as far as we know ^^
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-22 14:21:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
I damn near hit 1 FPS at the teleport crystals, also the mist off the cliffs, and the green glowy ***in CN. It's terrible, I just hold the button down and wait til the game shows me out of that ***lol

yeah...all of that crap lags
 Ramuh.Isesia
By Ramuh.Isesia 2009-05-22 14:26:07
Link | Quote | Reply

The worst part is when I'm on rdm and main heal, and I start lagging....
Thank God no one died yet so far 'cause of that. Because of how much I usually lag, I dont even attempt of thinking on joining any dynamis LS in the future, chainspell stun with lag......
 Bahamut.Fyyvoaa
Server: Bahamut
user: Fyyvoaa
By Bahamut.Fyyvoaa 2009-05-22 14:53:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Isesia said:
Fyyvoaa said:

That's exactly what I've been thinking. Because if I remember correctly the lag became worse after the last update. Of course, it could be just my imagination.

I'm pretty sure it is, I was in besieged this morning and about 30 people around me R0d for like 15 seconds then just popped right back.

This morning as well, I was in a meripo and all of a sudden for about 5-7 seconds I hit a R0 as well as everyone else in the party, thought we were goners, now the weird thing is when we hit R0, normally the mobs will continue to hit you and whatnot, but I noticed no loss of any of the members HP so it could be a full fledged server issue not just the player connections.