Bonecraft Expert 101-110 question
 Phoenix.Unicron
Server: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Unicron
By Phoenix.Unicron 2012-06-25 20:22:59
Link | Quote | Reply

Hello

I have Bonecraft 103 + 5. I did Gavial Mail to 103 and here is where I had to stop. I was wondering if someone had a list or has some insight on making it to 110. I heard Hydra Mail to 104... but I cant find scale for the life of me. Not to mention you need 2 for 1 mail. It would take me at least 5-6 stacks just to get that lvl. I know its not going to be easy thats cool but as long as there is a map/guide or something im not seening that someone else knows. Thanks for the help in advance.

What I heard was:
Gavial mail - 103 (pretty simple just trying to camp AH against others for mats)
Hydra mail - 104 (... Cant find scales)
Dux Scale mail - 105 ( 500k a synth... really)
Hex wrist - 108 (1mil a synth... got to be something easier)
Hex jacket - 110 (2M a synth same as above)

What I thought was holding off till a couple updates to see if a new synth comes out but... thats where I ask you guys for opinions also.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Server: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-06-25 20:38:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Get one Hydra scale and raise the AH price to 10k or 20k. Then people will put them on AH and you will get to 104.

I have personally NPCed about 10 of these in the last two weeks because no one has done that on Lakshmi yet.
 Asura.Kalasin
Server: Asura
user: liar
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-06-25 20:58:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Unicron said: »
Hello

Gavial mail - 103 (pretty simple just trying to camp AH against others for mats)

Bolded ones are the ones not entirely correct. Dux Scale Mail cap is between 106 and 108, Wristbands are 106.

Dux Finger Gauntlets cap is 105, you have to get the Dragon Scales off AH(adjust price if needed as mentioned above), but you can farm the Squamous Hides and Turtle Shells rather easy, and turn this one synth into a profitable one even.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Server: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2012-06-25 21:05:59
Link | Quote | Reply

I got Bonecraft to 100 a while ago. I was very hesitant to even try to go higher cause of the rediculous prices lol. I'mma just wait it out until the new expansion is released and hope to god they add like 20 new recipes for every craft 100+...cheap stuff from NPCs lol.
 Phoenix.Unicron
Server: Phoenix
user: Unicron
By Phoenix.Unicron 2012-06-25 21:13:33
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks guys for the input. I might try that idea of jacking the price up a bit.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [47 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-11 09:48:43
Link | Quote | Reply

@85 On my mule (no subs), gonna be up there soon.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-17 11:31:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Sum updates. Got Bone to 96, got Boneworker's Torque and making a stall for mule. Still no subs, so should be able to find the exact crafting caps for most of the newer items when I get to them.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-17 11:34:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Are there any Bonecrafting synths that bgwiki lacks the exact skill level for?
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-17 11:43:22
Link | Quote | Reply

They don't lack the main skill level at all, just the subs.
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-08-17 11:49:32
Link | Quote | Reply

Aah, okay! You know about the engaged crafting trick then?

If you attempt a synthesis while engaged the synthesis will break and you will lose the crystal (but no mats). You can use this to tell when you get within 15 levels of the subcrafts for these synths.

I haven't seen any strong evidence that the subs for these synths are very high, but would be interested in seeing your tests!
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-17 11:55:35
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

If you attempt a synthesis while engaged the synthesis will break and you will lose the crystal (but no mats). You can use this to tell when you get within 15 levels of the subcrafts for these synths.

I haven't seen any strong evidence that the subs for these synths are very high, but would be interested in seeing your tests!

Oooh awesome! I was actually about to go back into the Killing Ifrit forum archive and BGs archive to see how to do that exact trick, thank you for saving me the time, haha. I'll be doing exactly that to check the subs, thanks :)

Should be starting in a week or so.
 Bismarck.Ihina
Server: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2012-08-20 02:21:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalasin said: »
Phoenix.Unicron said: »
Hello

Bolded ones are the ones not entirely correct. Dux Scale Mail cap is between 106 and 108, Wristbands are 106.

Dux Finger Gauntlets cap is 105, you have to get the Dragon Scales off AH(adjust price if needed as mentioned above), but you can farm the Squamous Hides and Turtle Shells rather easy, and turn this one synth into a profitable one even.

Where do you farm Turtle Shells? All the methods of obtaining it sounds kinda annoying.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-21 19:56:26
Link | Quote | Reply

So just hit 100 Bone and started to level leather.

Gavial Cuisses is level 1 LC sub (or higher) as posted. Got a 0.1 skill with 0 skill. Gavial Mail also level 1+ LC sub as well. Such a weird craft.

------------

Edit: As of 08/22/2012, my mule's main is 100 Bone, and LC sub is 12.

* Hydra Cuisses was allowed to be crafted at 12 LC sub-- pretty safe to assume that Cuisses has a lvl 1+ LC sub as well (being a similar set to Gavial).

* Hydra Mail was allowed to be crafted at 12 LC sub. Since I'm not 103~104 I cannot ascertain if LC sub is needed or not. If it does, then both Gavial & Hydra mail LC sub is lvl 1+.

* Gavial/Hydra Finger Gauntlets & Greaves require no LC sub at all, only Bonecraft.

* Hydra Mask was completely skipped on BGwiki for whatever reason-- it's cap is not level 100. For now I will assume it's lvl 101 cap, with no LC sub required, similar to Gavial Mask.

* Unicorn Mittens & Leggings have a LC sub cap of above 27 skill.

* Igqira Lappa & Huaraches both require LC sub, and caps above 27 skill.

* Dragon Mittens requires LC sub, and caps above 27 skill.

Pulling from an old BG post, these are the Leathecraft caps for Cursed Gear (Hecatomb):

Subligar: 41
Gloves: 43
Leggings: 44
Harness: 45

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/67211-Cursed-Gloves-1-Question

No reason to go against his post as it's obvious he used the Engage/15 Levels below method as well.

Wyvern Helms both level 98 & 99 both are level 41 LC sub (pulled from FFXI Crafting Database).
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-22 13:48:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Skipped to below post.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-08-25 00:30:05
Link | Quote | Reply

Just hit level 101-- Hydra Mask not showing up at in the synth table yet. Level 102 or it was forgotten by the devs, lol.

EDIT: Level 102; definitely was forgotten by the devs.

Dragon Mittens & Leggings, Unicorn Mittens, Leggings & Harness, Igqira Huaraches & Lappas, and Hexed Gear all have a LC sub cap higher than 39 skill.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-09-01 18:03:00
Link | Quote | Reply

103 now. Hydra Mask still not showing up, but should be level 101 regardless. Unicorn Harness is either Level 104, or is also level 103 and yet another oversight by the SE devs.

I'm taking a short hiatus while I work on getting Shaper's Shawl for my mule-- lack of ingredients to power to 109/110.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-09-01 18:46:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Unicorn harness should be 102 or 103 bone, SE somehow didn't add old recipes that capped at 100 or above to the NPC or something. Gavial Mail is 103 bone and we lack the Leather sub of it still I think.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [58 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-10-29 13:18:04
Link | Quote | Reply

Back! Took much longer than anticipated and pushed back working on Shawl hardcore til I hit 107 (0/21 atm for Shawl; 106.3 Bone). Working on finishing cloth sub before I start working back on leather slowly while looking for it's sub caps.

I'll only be able to check for leather subs if anyone else would want to chime in on the Hexed gear's respective Gold/Cloth caps.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-03 10:08:20
Link | Quote | Reply

New list in a post below.
[+]
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-11-06 02:38:03
Link | Quote | Reply

I tried finding that note about the cloth sub on jacket being less than 47, can you link me to it please? Will become important for me soon, thanks >.>.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-06 06:59:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Kalasin said: »
I tried finding that note about the cloth sub on jacket being less than 47, can you link me to it please? Will become important for me soon, thanks >.>.

Sure, not a problem:

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/37950-Amazing-Items-Crafted-...-Blown-apart!!/page70

Bottom of page.
 Asura.Kalasin
By Asura.Kalasin 2012-11-06 09:57:42
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks~
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-11 22:23:43
Link | Quote | Reply

So, back to leveling this LC sub slowly. At the moment, all of the crafts that I'm working on have Leathercraft sub caps of 41+. Will report back accordingly.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-12 13:19:40
Link | Quote | Reply

Completed below!
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2012-11-12 13:31:43
Link | Quote | Reply

You had Dragon Mittens in there twice and changed one, but I think maybe you changed the wrong one? Before this bgwiki has had the leggings at 96 and the mittens at 94.

Thanks for this. I will add it to the wiki. We are planning a major crafting overhaul soonish, I think.

Edit: Also, you note that the 3 pieces of Hexed gear have subs >53 but don't add it to the list.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-12 14:03:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Ahh whoops. They should be swapped around. Mittens is lvl 94, Leggings 96. I indeed changed the wrong one.

The three pieces of Hexed gear, I was just stating to be >53, since it's an ongoing test. :) I'll be adding the real subs here soonish.

And not a prob, my man! It does irk me that SE doesn't have a more conventional method of learning the sub crafts, is all.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-12 14:49:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Sylph.Nikia said: »
Lakshmi.Byrth said: »

Just read this, never knew it was possible. Are you able to get skill ups this way? I assume no, but wanted to ask.

You are not able to do this thing, as it will automatically cancel the synth.
 Carbuncle.Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-11-12 16:54:51
Link | Quote | Reply

So far:

Dragon Mail - Bone 90 Smithing 42
Cursed Subligar - Bone 91 Leather 41
Cursed Gloves - Bone 92 Leather 43
Cursed Leggings - Bone 94 Leather 44
Dragon Mittens - Bone 94 Leather 52
Gavial Cuisses - Bone 95 Leather 1+
Igqira Huaraches - Bone 95 Leather 43-46
Unicorn Mittens - Bone 95 Leather 54
Dragon Mittens - Bone 96 Leather 53
Hydra Cuisses - Bone 96 Leather 1+
Igqira Lappas - Bone 97 Leather 46
Unicorn Leggings Bone 97 Leather 55
Wyvern Helm - Bone 98 Leather 41
Wyvern Helm - Bone 99 Leather 41
Cursed Harness - Bone 100 Leather 45
Hydra Mask - Bone 101
Dragon Harness Bone 101 Leather 58
Unicorn Harness - Bone 103 Leather 60
Hexed Gamashes - Bone 106 Leather 56 Gold ??
Hexed Wristbands - Bone 106 Leather 56 Gold ??
Hexed Jacket - Bone 110 Leather 60 Cloth ??<47

(Have to apologize in advance, some crafts will be skipped because I don't have the extreme effort to pick up/camp some of the ingredients required for the obscure crafts).

Edit #1: 106.4 Skill now. Added Dragon Mail-- Byrth found the Smithing sub for the mail a while ago and updated it accordingly on BGwiki. Dasva made a note that Clothcraft sub for Hexed Jacket is less than 47, while the Leathercraft sub is greater than 46.

Edit #2: 106.9 now. Igqira Lappas has a Leathercraft sub skill of 46. Due to not having a Harajnite Shell I could not perform the Igqira Huaraches synth, but I can safely say that it's Leather sub is between level 43 and 46. Dragon Mittens has a Leather sub of 52, while Dragon Leggings is 53.

Edit #3: Unicorn Mittens has a Leathercraft sub of 54. Unicorn Leggings a Leathercraft sub of 55. Hexed Gamashes as well as Hexed Wristbands are both Leathercraft 56 sub. Dragon Harness has a Leathercraft sub of 58. And to finish up, both Unicorn Harness and Hexed Jacket have Leathercraft subs of 60.

I'll start Smithing in about a week's time and fill in those gaps as best I can.