Server: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-22 13:56:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Kongming said: »
Ragnarok.Spira said: »
RoZ technically added 3 only.
SMN was released as an original advanced job at the same time. You don't need RoZ to unlock SMN, but you do for the other 3 jobs, and the same is true for all other expansion jobs.
I'd still consider SMN a ROZ job, because all the ROZ server data went live when it was added. So while you didn't need ROZ to unlock it, it was still part of that release.

It would be like saying Perle isn't Abyssea gear because you can buy it off the AH without Abyssea, despite the fact it clearly comes from Abyssea.

Plus the numbers line up so well when you do:
6 Basic jobs
5 Advanced jobs
4 Zilart jobs
3 Treasures jobs
2 Wings jobs
1 ??????

That analogy is terrible. However, they assumed SMN to be a part of RoZ anyways, seeing as SMN screenshots are part of the RoZ installation pack.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-22 13:56:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Elmodfz said: »
Siren.Kalilla said: »
Looking forward to watching vanafest tomorrow, seem so far away now that I learned this exciting news :(

I didn't read all the thread, but where can I watch the vanafest stream that will work in the UK, and also what time will it be for me? Damn late I bet :( And when is it? Today or tomorrow?
Asura.Jadecc said: »
i dunno where you can stream it tho
I just posted the video links in the vanafest coverage thread.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31258/
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
Server: Ragnarok
user: koumei
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 14:05:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Carbuncle.Shokox said: »
That analogy is terrible. However, they assumed SMN to be a part of RoZ anyways, seeing as SMN screenshots are part of the RoZ installation pack.
The analogy is that activation of content is required for inherent association with said content. I disagree with that statement fundamentally. There is Abyssea gear that is physically impossible to have without having Abyssea purchased. Perle isn't, but it still comes from Abyssea, and thus would be considered a part of that expansion.
 Phoenix.Dinah
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-06-22 14:32:19
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm bored. So sue me.

So in my excitement I've chosen what I think the most likely access points for Adoulin would be. (Edit: Aside from the all too obvious Selbina.)
There are still places in existing Vana'diel that you cannot reach, so who's to say that they won't add a zone to an already existing continent in order to use it as access?

1. - Some islands up in the northlands that are not seemingly used for anything. Just pointing them out. I think this is pretty unlikely, but who isn't surprised about this whole possible expansion thing anyways?

2. - I'm not sure if this is part of Ronfaure or Ghelsba, but it kind of looks like a region that could harbor a harbor. Get it? I don't.

3. - What is this little island? It's to the west of the Valkurm Dunes. It's a moderate size to house an entire zone for the purpose of a ferry or something rad like that.

4. - Cape Terrigan. As far as I can tell we only access like half of Cape Terrigan. Really any portion of this peninsula could serve for transportational purposes. Plus there are those two tiny islands on the east that could have a port or something. Who knows.

5. - This island attached to Kuzotz is similar to the one to the west of Valkurm Dunes. The only issue I see here is the fact that it is an expansion zone as it is, but honestly, who DOESN'T have RotZ?

You might be able to tell, but I'm way too excited about this. Plus I love speculation and hearing peoples' thoughts on matters like this. Anyone else have any input or care to correct me on where I assume some of these locations may lie in relation to current areas in Vana'diel?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 14:38:54
Link | Quote | Reply

Would fit perfectly if it was a boat from Selbina. Would also require the least effort.
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-06-22 14:44:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Would fit perfectly if it was a boat from Selbina. Would also require the least effort.

It would. But c'mon that's boring. It's kinda weird when a dock is all like "OH HEY, SUDDENLY WE CAN GO TO THIS PLACE! LOLOLOL."
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-22 14:49:58
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm confused to how sailing around a continent is a logical choice.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Shokox
Server: Carbuncle
user: Shokox
By Carbuncle.Shokox 2012-06-22 14:53:01
Link | Quote | Reply

The analogy is that activation of content is required for inherent association with said content. I disagree with that statement fundamentally. There is Abyssea gear that is physically impossible to have without having Abyssea purchased. Perle isn't, but it still comes from Abyssea, and thus would be considered a part of that expansion.

In that case, I definitely agree with you (I could have worded my previous statement better). You obviously need RoZ to get... say, Artifact Armor, as well as the initial summons. However, you surely don't need RoZ to unlock SMN or even obtain relic/emp/Alexander/Diabolos/Odin etc.

I said it was terrible, because you could apply that to most other AHable gear in the game. They come from various expansions, but none of them are needed to actually use that armor and equipment. That's one of the reasons where there's always varying file size updates every time there's an update session, to accompany for people that don't have each and every expansion.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 14:55:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Less confused?
 Shiva.Fereydoon
Server: Shiva
user: Fereydoon
By Shiva.Fereydoon 2012-06-22 14:57:21
Link | Quote | Reply

In that case, I definitely agree with you (I could have worded my previous statement better). You obviously need RoZ to get... say, Artifact Armor, as well as the initial summons. However, you surely don't need RoZ to unlock SMN or even obtain relic/emp/Alexander/Diabolos/Odin etc.

I said it was terrible, because you could apply that to most other AHable gear in the game. They come from various expansions, but none of them are needed to actually use that armor and equipment. That's one of the reasons where there's always varying file size updates every time there's an update session, to accompany for people that don't have each and every expansion.

RoZ is required for Abyssea, there goes emp. RoZ is also required for Dynamis, no Relic.
 Odin.Tsuneo
Server: Odin
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2012-06-22 14:58:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Tsuneo said: »

Less confused?
Yep, I would have guessed that Selbina was on the eastern side of the continent.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 15:01:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dinah said: »

It would. But c'mon that's boring. It's kinda weird when a dock is all like "OH HEY, SUDDENLY WE CAN GO TO THIS PLACE! LOLOLOL."
Same happened with Aht Urhgan which is why I think it fits perfectly ;x
 Fenrir.Sylow
Server: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-06-22 15:01:50
Link | Quote | Reply

As long as Stairs Town has Abyssea NPCs, an Atmacite Refiner, an Auction House, and places to park bazaars, this expansion will be a success.
[+]
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Server: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-06-22 15:07:26
Link | Quote | Reply

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
As long as Stairs Town has Abyssea NPCs, an Atmacite Refiner, an Auction House, and places to park bazaars, this expansion will be a success.
and a fields tome right outside, prease.
 Shiva.Tahngarthor
Server: Shiva
By Shiva.Tahngarthor 2012-06-22 15:14:00
Link | Quote | Reply

summoner was released in the preporatory patch for RoZ and itself is not part of that expansion. Some people treat it as such on the basis that all the celestial avatars require RoZ. Without RoZ all you have is carbuncle and the spirits.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 15:25:27
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Tahngarthor said: »
summoner was released in the preporatory patch for RoZ and itself is not part of that expansion. Some people treat it as such on the basis that all the celestial avatars require RoZ. Without RoZ all you have is carbuncle and the spirits.
Summoner was released in the ROZ version update that brought all ROZ content live. It was not a "preporatory" patch.

Source. I'd quote the English translation if one existed, but you know the story.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
Server: Lakshmi
user: JDvasquez
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-22 15:31:35
Link | Quote | Reply

EDITED: My mistake. It's part of an add on scenario I have not done yet.
 Cerberus.Balloon
Server: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Balloon 2012-06-22 15:34:10
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Tanama said: »
This could possibly be the new battle theme for the upcoming expansion. Unless of course I'm mistaken and this track is already in game.

That is from Kupo D'etat, but I'd be absolutely fine if they decided to implement it into other content.
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-22 15:35:20
Link | Quote | Reply

I concur. That track is awesome.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 15:38:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Interestingly enough, the physical requirements of completing the Dragoon quest in no way require ROZ activation, and has seemingly arbitrarily been assigned that requirement when we compare it to Summoner quest having the same profile, yet lacking it. Could it not then also be said that DRG isn't "technically" a Zilart job? Since you can stretch a technicality about as far as you want to.

Anyway. I think most people would consider SMN a Zilart job in the strictest definition of terms.
 Ragnarok.Marquiss
user: Marquiss
By Ragnarok.Marquiss 2012-06-22 15:40:09
Link | Quote | Reply

Cerberus.Balloon said: »
This could possibly be the new battle theme for the upcoming expansion. Unless of course I'm mistaken and this track is already in game.

That is from Kupo D'etat, but I'd be absolutely fine if they decided to implement it into other content.

It would be torture having to listen to that terrible song
[+]
 Lakshmi.Tanama
By Lakshmi.Tanama 2012-06-22 15:43:58
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Marquiss said: »
Cerberus.Balloon said: »

It would be torture having to listen to that terrible song
To each their own.
 Phoenix.Dinah
By Phoenix.Dinah 2012-06-22 17:26:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Dinah said: »
Same happened with Aht Urhgan which is why I think it fits perfectly ;x

Nah man, I see where you're coming from. I just wanna see something different ya'know?
 Bismarck.Leonkasai
MSPaint Winner
Server: Bismarck
user: Leonkasai
By Bismarck.Leonkasai 2012-06-22 17:29:53
Link | Quote | Reply

Maybe we could take a boat from either Selbina or Mhaura to that little island just south of the middle of the Selbina-Mhuara route, then take a seperate boat from there to Adoulin? :I

Could maybe have a Besieged-type event on that island where you have to defend it from pirates, too. :O
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Server: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2012-06-22 17:32:38
Link | Quote | Reply

Mhaura will not be an option. Selbina maybe, it has ties to san d'oria and has room for another ship while mahura does not.
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
Server: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2012-06-22 17:38:12
Link | Quote | Reply

lol at twitter

Quote:
FINAL FANTASY XI ‏@FFXI_EN

We know you're all seeking the truth... but hang in there a bit longer! :)
[+]
 Ragnarok.Spira
user: Spira
By Ragnarok.Spira 2012-06-22 17:41:01
Link | Quote | Reply

Interestingly enough, the physical requirements of completing the Dragoon quest in no way require ROZ activation, and has seemingly arbitrarily been assigned that requirement when we compare it to Summoner quest having the same profile, yet lacking it. Could it not then also be said that DRG isn't "technically" a Zilart job? Since you can stretch a technicality about as far as you want to.

Anyway. I think most people would consider SMN a Zilart job in the strictest definition of terms.

it's probably not something any NA player would know, but supposedly you cannot even accept the quest without RoZ registered to your account.. just like how the NPC won't let you past the gate that leads to Korroloka if you don't have RoZ.
 Bismarck.Rosalee
Server: Bismarck
user: Rosamimi
By Bismarck.Rosalee 2012-06-22 18:07:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Mhaura will not be an option. Selbina maybe, it has ties to san d'oria and has room for another ship while mahura does not.

Actually... Selbina was more closely tied with Bastok, but they declared their independence quite a while ago.
 Ragnarok.Kongming
By Ragnarok.Kongming 2012-06-22 18:13:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Ragnarok.Spira said: »

it's probably not something any NA player would know, but supposedly you cannot even accept the quest without RoZ registered to your account.. just like how the NPC won't let you past the gate that leads to Korroloka if you don't have RoZ.
I know you can't. I'm saying that that's the only thing keeping it from being ROZ exclusive, is a switch somewhere in the software that keeps the quest from flagging if you don't have the expansion activated, because otherwise, it's completely doable without ROZ. In fact you could have registered ROZ but not installed it, and been able to accept and do the quest just fine. Can't say the same for NIN or SAM. Therefore, by some form of "technicality", could we not then say that NIN and SAM are the only true Zilart jobs?

I'd rather drop semantics and call a spade a spade. SMN is a Zilart job because it was released with Zilart. It was part of the promotional material. To suggest it's in a class of it's own, the only job in the game that was released "for no good reason, whenever we wanted", with no relationship to an expansion is an extremely desperate way of looking at it. If Zilart and SMN went up in separate patches, I could maybe give you the point... maybe. But it was in the Zilart update and I don't see the necessity of separating out what is one package.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9