Question For High Level Cooks...

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Cooking » Question for High Level cooks...
Question for High Level cooks...
Server: Fairy
Game: FFXI
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 13:25:41
Link | Quote | Reply

Is there any synth, besides Cream Puffs, that it's worth getting Patissier for? 8k ain't a lot, but just don't know if I should prioritize it just for making myself the Cream Puffs...

Do you get a lot of use out of it is basically what I'm asking.

Thanks ^^
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Server: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-21 13:28:57
Link | Quote | Reply

I've only used Patissier for puffs and I don't even cook them anymore =/ Melon +1s are better =) I would suggest Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading (I still need this one), Chefs Hat, Chefs Apron and Chefs Ring (if you need to synth nq items). Stewpot Mastery could have a use I guess, but I've never wanted to craft any of them.
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-05-21 13:58:42
Link | Quote | Reply

It's a waste of Guild points. To tell you the truth I've been 100 cooking on mule awhile now and still don't have this Patissier. It's just not needed and it's not like your going to make millions off cream puffs alone. I have a good return with my strats on the craft and how to make gil from it. Patissier isn't one of them >.> I would stick with what is going to make you gil isn't that the main objective? That being said,Raw Fish Handling, Noodle Kneading, Chefs Hat, Chefs Apron, Cordon Bleu Set and Chefs Ring are going to do this. The Patissier will not. Hope my opinion will help you on this debate thanks. Redenius
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-21 14:04:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Thanks for the replies. I was just thinking of using Cream Puffs for SCH (Elvaan Int sucks ***, and I could use a little push) but I use melon Pies now, so prolly wouldn't be much of an improvement for like +2 int, and losing the +MP and MP while healing would be a big detriment. If anything, it'd be pretty situational.

My main purpose wasn't in making money, more just saving myself the money in buying versus making myself. I'm actually surprised Marron Glace returns so much for being a skill up synth; wasn't a consideration for me at this point, but a nice little bonus to those slow *** +.1's I get...

I am heartily sick of that synth now, though. Can't wait to switch to the next thing, just to keep me sane.

Bah, I'll prolly just ride it out and keep using the Melon...
 Valefor.Redenius
Server: Valefor
user: Redenius
By Valefor.Redenius 2009-05-21 14:15:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yea I can understand as an Elvaan how cream puffs just wouldn't out weigh the Melon Pies as a hume I'm the same way :) But a buddy of mine has Taru and he uses Cream Puffs. If I do end up getting the Patissier it will be the last thing I get. At least until my taru buddy ask me to make them for him then I will lol and get the damn thing.
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
Server: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2009-05-21 23:59:21
Link | Quote | Reply

The only thing about cream puffs I don't like is the lack of +hMP. More dmg is great on a nuke but if I do 100 less dmg but get back faster when resting, I'm going for the better MP restoration.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Server: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-22 00:08:56
Link | Quote | Reply

The only key item I've bother to get is raw fish handling. not sure about noodle thingy really. Is there any recipies worth doing that would make that key item useful?

For now my fishing is 31 and I'm able to fish up noble lady for dorado sushi, combined with growing my own taru rice its a great profit :D
 Phoenix.Chefpaer
Server: Phoenix
user: Chefpaer
By Phoenix.Chefpaer 2009-05-22 16:49:23
Link | Quote | Reply

get your gear 1st and maybe passtier if you mage like sweets.. stewpot and noodle are novelty foods more or less.. cooking 97+6 fishing 75 fun stuff goodluck.
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-22 16:53:36
Link | Quote | Reply

Antonioklaus said:
The only thing about cream puffs I don't like is the lack of +hMP. More dmg is great on a nuke but if I do 100 less dmg but get back faster when resting, I'm going for the better MP restoration.

Yeah, if I was to use them, I'd do it in conjunction with Yag Drinks or something...I don't have enough MP to *** around waiting all day for it to come back.

So really, it'd prolly be more cost efficient to stick with the Melon's straight up. I'll get it eventually, maybe make them for BCNM situations where +hMP means nothing and I'm just blowing ***up for 5 minutes.
 Garuda.Littledarc
Server: Garuda
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-05-22 19:55:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
Is there any synth, besides Cream Puffs, that it's worth getting Patissier for? 8k ain't a lot, but just don't know if I should prioritize it just for making myself the Cream Puffs...

Do you get a lot of use out of it is basically what I'm asking.

Thanks ^^

buy patissier for cream puffs, cherry muffins, coffee muffins.

buy noodle kneading for carbonara and pescatora. if youre rich you can also use it for arrabbiata.

dont buy stewpot. seriously.

when you can invest in a ring so you can make carbonara without relying on others to make your ingredients.