How Do You Swap TH Gear In For Single Hit?

Language: JP EN DE FR
2010-09-08
New Items
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » How do you swap TH gear in for single hit?
How do you swap TH gear in for single hit?
First Page 2
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
Server: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 17:58:49
Link | Quote | Reply

I've been looking around on forums and tested multiple spellcasts, however I can't find one that does the trick. How do you swap in gear for a single hit? I want to engage with TH -> hit it -> change to TP set. Is it possible to do without having to press anything?

*Sorry if this has been asked before, i'm by no means a thf and haven't spent too much time on this forum.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Quote | Reply

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Eikechi
Server: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2012-06-19 18:04:47
Link | Quote | Reply

Quetzalcoatl.Newty said: »
Is it possible to do without having to press anything?

Really? lol
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:07:03
Link | Quote | Reply

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Is it possible to do without having to press anything?

Really? lol

Wouldn't be asking the question if I knew would I
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:08:28
Link | Quote | Reply

Asura.Josiahfk said: »
Maybe a rule to "when someone hits engage, swap to this gearset (the TH one), wait 5 seconds and swap to this gearset (your tp one)" would do it?

Adding "when auto-targeting procs, swap to this gearset(the th one) and wait 5 seconds then swap to this one( the tp one)" so in dynamis with multiple mobs it will still execute for each?

How would you put a wait inside the spellcast?
 Shiva.Paulu
Server: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-19 18:11:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Short answer is no. You'll always have to press at least one macro to reliably TH mobs. There is no way for spellcast to know when you strike a mob, that I know of. There might be a way to set something up with autoexec but it all sounds way too complex just to avoid pressing your tp set macro.
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:12:16
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
Short answer is no. You'll always have to press at least one macro to reliably TH mobs. There is no way for spellcast to know when you strike a mob, that I know of. There might be a way to set something up with autoexec but it all sounds way too complex just to avoid pressing your tp set macro.

That's the way i've be doing it, just find it tedious sometimes when tri-boxing.
 Bahamut.Ivebian
Server: Bahamut
user: Smg1388
By Bahamut.Ivebian 2012-06-19 18:13:58
Link | Quote | Reply

<equip when="Engaged">
<hands>Assassin's Armlets +2</hands>
<feet>Raider's Poulaines +2</feet>
</equip>
<command when="Engaged">wait 5;sc set $GearType</command>
 Cerberus.Tikal
Server: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-06-19 18:15:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Don't ever engage at a distance. You're also gonna be miffed when you've got 90% TP and auto-gear swap.
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-19 18:16:53
Link | Quote | Reply

The wait idea would work, but if you don't touch the mob within those 5 seconds... I guess its worth the chance for a triple boxer though. I dualbox sometimes and I hate it as is. Triple boxing would drive me nuts.
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:19:00
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just thinking based off what Tikal said, you'd lose TP quite often. I'm mainly interested in this for salvage.
 Cerberus.Eugene
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2012-06-19 18:19:46
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Paulu said: »
The wait idea would work, but if you don't touch the mob within those 5 seconds... I guess its worth the chance for a triple boxer though. I dualbox sometimes and I hate it as is. Triple boxing would drive me nuts.
thats what macros are for
 Phoenix.Kirana
Server: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2012-06-19 18:22:07
Link | Quote | Reply

Was just thinking based off what Tikal said, you'd lose TP quite often. I'm mainly interested in this for salvage.
Just don't use the knife if you are worried about TP loss. Losing +1 TH when you have +7 isn't a big deal.
 Siren.Stunx
Server: Siren
user: Bungie
By Siren.Stunx 2012-06-19 18:25:10
Link | Quote | Reply

is it that hard to hit a macro for 2-3 items then ur tp macro again? lol even with spellcast its not hard or much effort at all.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-06-19 18:26:46
Link | Quote | Reply

I'm not sure if you're referring to the 5 seconds to TH part or the dualboxing part. Pick your delight!

TH
Having to hit your TH macro defeats the whole point of trying to automate the process.

Dualboxing
You're right, tools like dualsend are amazing but even so. Having to keep tabs on 3 people's actions/status at once is a lot more work than just making sure you're playing your one job right.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Siren.Stunx said: »
is it that hard to hit a macro for 2-3 items then ur tp macro again? lol even with spellcast its not hard or much effort at all.

Not too sure why you post, I said that's what I've been doing and with 3 chars at a time it's not the most fun. Hence I was asking if anyone had a solution.
 Quetzalcoatl.Newty
By Quetzalcoatl.Newty 2012-06-19 18:30:57
Link | Quote | Reply

Anyways thanks for the responses, i'll try with a wait and see how it goes.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-19 20:18:29
Link | Quote | Reply

Motenten's XML does this mechanic pretty well. He uses a configurable TP delta to determine whether or not you've struck the mob. It's possible that you might keep the TH gear on for two hits instead of one, but it basically does what you want.

The only thing it can't do is know if you change targets without disengaging and for that I have a manual "equip TH stuff" macro.

http://pastebin.com/u/Motenten
[+]
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-29 04:16:08
Link | Quote | Reply

Phoenix.Suji said: »
Motenten's XML does this mechanic pretty well.

I use this aswell, works really good. You can even define how "hard" it equips TH gear.. like also changing in TH Knife, or only changing in TH Knife if low TP or never change Weapon for TH. Just have a Macro to equip TH gear when you Auto-Target another Mob. This is for me mostly the case when i do Dynamis, and there i just added my TH gear to my Box-Step gear. It equips it for the Step, and SC changes back to normal TP gear aftercast.

Before i had the time-check aswell but it was annoying cause its never the right time :) its either too long or too short lol
[+]
 Shiva.Aisuu
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2012-06-29 05:13:15
Link | Quote | Reply

Not sure how you would put this into spellcast since i dont really use it but this works wonders for me. Put your TH gear on as you step or flourish, wait 1 and then put your TP gear back on as a macro if the step or flourish lands TH will be on it. This is very useful for dyna since you need to use steps and flourishes to proc anyways. Very quick and simple.
 Lakshmi.Forsell
Server: Lakshmi
user: Forsell
By Lakshmi.Forsell 2012-06-29 05:51:37
Link | Quote | Reply

I just put all my TH gear into a /ra set. So /ra, then engadge.
 Cerberus.Mindi
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2012-06-29 05:58:02
Link | Quote | Reply

Lakshmi.Forsell said: »
I just put all my TH gear into a /ra set. So /ra, then engadge.

problem is you dont allways /ra before you engage :) and /ra is sloooow when the target is already next to you. But if you are mostly only pulling and others kill then this is the way to go.

I have multiple ways to get in my lolTHplacebo-equip. With the SC file when i engage until my 1st hit landed, in my /ra macro for pulling mobs and in my box step-macro when i autotarget and non of the other 2 will happen ^^ This way i never have to care if my TH gear was equiped for 1 action or not, one of the 3 allways happen
[+]
 Phoenix.Elspetta
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-06-29 06:08:11
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Not sure how you would put this into spellcast since i dont really use it but this works wonders for me. Put your TH gear on as you step or flourish, wait 1 and then put your TP gear back on as a macro if the step or flourish lands TH will be on it. This is very useful for dyna since you need to use steps and flourishes to proc anyways. Very quick and simple.
This is an awesome idea, thank you! Like Mindi said /ra is sooo slow and sometimes the mob is already right there and just needs to be hit.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-06-29 06:31:34
Link | Quote | Reply

Code
<equip when="Engaged">
      <hands>Assassin's Armlets</hands>
      </equip>
      <command when="Engaged">wait 5;sc set TPgear</command>

TPgear being the name of your TP gear set.

This is what I use. It equips TH gear when you engage a mob and after 5 seconds it swap you to TP gear. However, it doesn't work with autolock. So if you swap a mob you would have to make a TH macro. Or just do it like I do: disengage and engage.

It would be optimal if it worked when you swap a mob, but it's way less complicated than hitting a TH macro every mob you find. Sometimes you just forget. With this, it's pretty much TH everytime you take your daggers out.
 Shiva.Aisuu
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Aisuu 2012-06-29 06:44:55
Link | Quote | Reply

Hades.Tripster said: »
Code
<equip when="Engaged">
      </equip>

This is what I use. It equips TH gear when you engage a mob and after 5 seconds it swap you to TP gear. However, it doesn't work with autolock. So if you swap a mob you would have to make a TH macro. Or just do it like I do: disengage and engage.

It would be optimal if it worked when you swap a mob, but it's way less complicated than hitting a TH macro every mob you find. Sometimes you just forget. With this, it's pretty much TH everytime you take your daggers out.

Disengaging and engageing again just sounds like time wasted if this is for dyna. My TH in the box step/flourish macros works perfectly i can swap to a mob thats right next to me and TH it while i try to proc it. Not only do i not lose my haste gear for 5 seconds to get my TH on, it does it in the whole step/flourish animation making it seem extremely quick for something im going to do anyways.
 Hades.Tripster
Server: Hades
user: Lisamarie
By Hades.Tripster 2012-06-29 07:10:06
Link | Quote | Reply

Shiva.Aisuu said: »
Code
<equip when="Engaged">
      </equip>

Disengaging and engageing again just sounds like time wasted if this is for dyna. My TH in the box step/flourish macros works perfectly i can swap to a mob thats right next to me and TH it while i try to proc it. Not only do i not lose my haste gear for 5 seconds to get my TH on, it does it in the whole step/flourish animation making it seem extremely quick for something im going to do anyways.

Nope this wasn't made just for Dynamis. If he wants to do Dynamis with this he will have to do a macro for TH just like you and everyone else do. But for all the other things he can do as THF in game, yes, this answers the OP request: equipping TH, swapping to TP gear set without touching a button.
 Phoenix.Suji
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2012-06-29 12:27:18
Link | Quote | Reply

Nope this wasn't made just for Dynamis. If he wants to do Dynamis with this he will have to do a macro for TH just like you and everyone else do. But for all the other things he can do as THF in game, yes, this answers the OP request: equipping TH, swapping to TP gear set without touching a button.
It still has the problem that it could swap back into normal gear before applying TH if you can't hit the mob in 5 seconds. Motenten's handles this.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Haorhu
Server: Ragnarok
user: haorhu
By Ragnarok.Haorhu 2012-07-04 12:09:31
Link | Quote | Reply

th works with just 1 hit dont need spam th its TOTALLY AND RIDICULOUS to spam th gears during fight !! ... th is random for up .. and dont make drop something all the time !! thanks SE
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [33 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Server: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2012-08-06 16:47:56
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah wanted to ask this, but didn't want to start a new topic.
I don't mind pressing macros, so all aside, <equip-all-th> <engage and hit once> <equip-all-tp>

Right?
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-08-06 16:52:23
Link | Quote | Reply

Yeah, that works just fine, just remember that you'll lose TP. Sometimes it's best to leave TH on until your first WS, then swap it out. I have TH-on set to CTRL-4, and TH-off set to CTRL-5, personally.
First Page 2